Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Odds on McNabb Sticking Around?

1972dodgedart

I'm finding it harder every week to see him going through another year with the Shannys if he has opportunities elsewhere.

Tech. he doesn't. We signed him to a long term contract. Even tho we can opt out of it im pretty sure he cant. And i think unless we get Luck with a top pick he's going to be here for a few more years. Please no Grossman!!!!

My guess is Washington will not pick up his contract and he will sign elsewhere. It seems like ever since the benching and all the behind the scenes knocks delivered to McNabb that he has not been the same, and the team has not been the same. I think we have only won once since the benching.

It seems obvious to me that young Shanny does not think McNabb is the man for the job. For McNabb's sake, and frankly the Skins as well, I hope the Skins opt out of the contract and start either Grossman or Beck, and draft a young quarterback.

There was a radio interview several weeks ago on my local station with a player who played in Denver under Shanahan. He said that Shanahan's pattern when things were going badly on his team was to find a scapegoat and bascially throw him under the bus publicly. Now that Haynesworth is gone, McNabb is that scapegoat. McNabb hasn't played that well, but his help on the offensive line and skill players has been awful. If they can throw all the blame on McNabb and ship him off, then Shanahan feels he can get a do over that the fans will buy. I personally don't think the fans are that dumb - there is more wrong with this team than McNabb.

Man it's time to let all the Vets walk and no re-signig. I mean, what is it going to take to REBUILD..seriously...This team especially the Vets are bruised and beaten and have no more fight left for the NFC East. Mentally, half the vets are bruised mentally from the years of a circus like environment here and lose half the battles before they even start (See Giant, Eagles) and now the upcoming Cowboys game. We will lose the Cowboy game by atleast 2 TD'S IMO.

The Vets here cannot handle a true fight when it comes to the NFC East or any team able to counter punch them.

REBUILD...

Look at the Bucs, they are going to be contenders for many years now because they have a young QB and a core group of players that will only get better in time! What do we have? Bunch of old beaten down players that are only used to getting paid and losing! Fire everyone, suck for 3 years as we know we will anyway but we will suck with young players with potential.

Well, now that Albert is gone I figured we would slowly move right back into this . . . our second favorite fan topic.

Just so we have a clear time line:

1) McNabb said he wanted to end his career here.

2) Bruce & Mike Shanahan said they wanted McNabb to end his career here.

3) Fans and media said they were lying. "Just saying it." Shanahan hated black QBs. McNabb was not happy. "We will believe it when we see it."

4) Redskins and McNabb sign enormous contract for several years.

5) Fans and media don't believe it :ols:. It is a trick. A sign and trade. He won't be here next year.

6) Media reports McNabb is on a short leash for Bucs game

7) Fans say "YES, short leash. I knew the relationship was damaged"

8) McNabb plays entire game. Shanahan pleads for people to stop making **** completely up with these "reports."

9) Redskins fans and media go right back to making **** up.

Good times. . . good times.

Donovan is not going anywhere. TK has confirmed this on several posts.

I don't think anybody knows yet whether or not he'll be here next year. I just don't know if the decision has really been made yet.

I want what's best for the team's future....but if McNabb does leave after this year, it will be frustrating to have given up 2 picks for a completely unnecessary one-year rental. AGAIN. Like Jason Taylor.

I like the intangibles that McNabb brings to the Skins. But, he certainly has not played as a franchise QB this season. He made a lot of mistakes in the Tampa game - - missing wide open receivers, low throws, holding balls too long resulting in sacks, etc. Skins were fortunate that Tampa dropped a few easy interceptions. If you didn't know it was McNabb you might think the Skins were playing a journeyman QB. McNabb redeemed himself on the final drive.

For people saying no other team will offer him a good contract...honestly I don't think Donovan cares much about that at this point. He doesn't want to be under-sold, but just look at our contract with him. It doesn't exactly work out in his favor

McNabb is used to getting the cold shoulder throughout his career...even when he was successful. So even if Shanny lacks faith in him, I think McNabb would rather not be on more than 3 teams in his career max...and there's no guarantee he'll have something elsewhere. nothing is guaranteed in the NFL..things happen

However I don't think he'll end up here next year. I do...contrary to the opinions of others though think he will have success elsewhere if cut before we start to build. And I say this after watching every snap this season...and studying every game of his going back to last season

Will you take store credit?

Contract or not, it's naive to think the sides won't agree to divorce if McNabb is unhappy, especially after what happened with Uncle Albert. Likewise, McNabb is not at a point in his career where he needs top dollar anymore. If Leslie Frazier comes knocking and says the right things, he will go.

Well, now that Albert is gone I figured we would slowly move right back into this . . . our second favorite fan topic.

Just so we have a clear time line:

1) McNabb said he wanted to end his career here.

2) Bruce & Mike Shanahan said they wanted McNabb to end his career here.

3) Fans and media said they were lying. "Just saying it." Shanahan hated black QBs. McNabb was not happy. "We will believe it when we see it."

4) Redskins and McNabb sign enormous contract for several years.

5) Fans and media don't believe it :ols:. It is a trick. A sign and trade. He won't be here next year.

6) Media reports McNabb is on a short leash for Bucs game

7) Fans say "YES, short leash. I knew the relationship was damaged"

8) McNabb plays entire game. Shanahan pleads for people to stop making **** completely up with these "reports."

9) Redskins fans and media go right back to making **** up.

Good times. . . good times.

Perfect post. This town is ridiculous. :)

to Chacie's post..

yeah...

but there's one important person not geling well with McNabb and has openly discussed simplifying the playbook for him. Which people are discussing why our playcalling appears so vanilla.

Kyle doesn't like McNabb... and I'm sorry.. after 12 regular season games in a system.. we should not be seeing a more vanilla playbook than we saw in week 6.

I think mcnabb will be back. He has done all that the could do. Again I have to remind some people on here that this is a new system. Favre last year in Minnesota play in the exact same system that he had for years in Green Bay and Minnesota has better talent across the board. I much rather have Mcnabb for the next 3 years then gamble now on Cam Newton.

Archived