Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest Defensive Tackle Bust in Redskins Rescent History

Hal2856

Okay... Who's worse?

Sean Gilbert (God told me I should be paid more...)

Dana Stubblfield (I'll be good when I can actually play...)

Dan Wilkenson (actually had some descent years but never was worth #1 overall or money)

or

Albert Hayneworth (I'm gonna be like Reggir White, excpet for the fact that I have mo soul, drive, or locker room know-how)

Mario Monds

---------- Post added December-10th-2010 at 10:43 PM ----------

But seriously the answer is Haynesworth. Wilkinson wasn't hateful and Gilbert played well then gathered us some nice picks. It was Carolina that he busted for.

Dana Stubblefield was a big waste but nothing beats FatBoy. He is the biggest piece of **** to ever put on a Redskins uniform.

Fun thread. While we're at why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice in it? We're CLOSED!!

LOL! Sorry... some bad memories I guess...

---------- Post added December-10th-2010 at 07:45 PM ----------

Mario Monds

---------- Post added December-10th-2010 at 10:43 PM ----------

But seriously the answer is Haynesworth. Wilkinson wasn't hateful and Gilbert played well then gathered us some nice picks. It was Carolina that he busted for.

Dana Stubblefield was a big waste but nothing beats FatBoy. He is the biggest piece of **** to ever put on a Redskins uniform.

agreed... But Mario Monds was soooooo good!

What did we use on that turd? A 4th? He lasted like a week.

I think it was a 5th... But it was one of the guys that Shotennheimer really liked. he drafted him... Him and Rod Gardner... On the bright side, Sage rosenfels is still in the league.

Stubby hands down, no contest, and here's why:

We ended up w/ 2#1s for Gilbert after Carolina was dumb enough to sign him after we franchised him.

We're gonna be taking the lion's share of the cap hit for Haynesworth in an uncapped year, so it isn't hurting the team's salary cap much at all. Yeah, it's gonna cost Dan-o a buttload of cash, but quite frankly, who gives a damn about that?

Stubby, like AH, signed a then record deal, and all the guaranteed money was a huge drain on the cap for 4 straight years (he got cut before the start of '01, but the cap hit still got us that year).

Wilkinson had some good years and was a decent enough guy; he just wasn't worth all the cash and draft picks we gave up for him.

Big Daddy wasn't a bust. He played pretty well for us. Yes he never lived up to the first overall pick status but he played well enough to not be labelled a bust.

I'd say the king is still Stubby. Defensive player of the year and as soon as he gets here he plays unbelievably soft.

I know it's not as recent, but I'd throw in Bobby Wilson. The man flashed ability but always always got hurt.

Um, Gilbert rocked. Didn't we send him to the Panthers for a first and third?

Naw Gilbert signed with the Panthers he was franchised by us, the Panthers did not provide compensation agreed to that year and it turned into two first rounders.

I say it was Dana Samsonite Stubby.

I was born in 1990

Sean G. played here between 1996 and 98

Danna S. played here between 1998 and 2001

and Big Daddy between 1998 and 2003

So I only saw Big Al play....and everybody knew he was going to be a (badword) in the locker room after the contract. But I don´t think he is the problem, if we would be playing 4/3 he would be a beast.

So I only saw Big Al play....and everybody knew he was going to be a (badword) in the locker room after the contract. But I don´t think he is the problem, if we would be playing 4/3 he would be a beast.

I think that you missed every word that literally every coach and player has said since he was suspended.

They tried to play him not just in every variation of the 3-4, but the 4-3 as well. He was (badword)ing (LOL, I like that!) last year in the 4-3.

Albert's a prick. It's all on him.

Jesus. Two firsts. And the Saints' draft. And we sucked. How the **** did we not DOMINATE in the draft for two years?

See, that's where the problems really are, in the decision making process. It won't matter how many FAs we sign, how good the contracts are or how many draft picks we accumulate, until the basic evaluation system of scouting and acquisition of the right players improves the team is going to flounder like it has. Letting it be known that the old "come here and get paid" way is no more not only discourages the loafers looking for a payday, it encourages quality players that otherwise would avoid this lockerroom like the plague because of that mentality.

Dan Wilkinson: 5 seasons, 75 games played, 23 sacks, 5 passes defended, 4 interceptions, 1 touchdown

I think I remember Big Daddy's touchdown. Wasn't Darrell pushing him into the endzone, because he was about to die?

By the way, Stubby was worse than Haynesworth.

I'd have to say all of those DTs. Sean Gilbert, Haynesworth, Stubblefield, and Wilkinson were straight garbage. Out of all of them though, I'd have to say Haynesworth was the most productive.

Only in FantasyLand where he is a total beast and nobody on the team would have any sacks without him.

Jesus. Two firsts. And the Saints' draft. And we sucked. How the **** did we not DOMINATE in the draft for two years?

I would say that we got pretty good drafts from that trade. In 99, Champ Bailey in the first and Jon Jansen in the 2nd. Then in 00, we traded up to get Lavar Arrington and Chris Samuels. So the picks that we got from that trade turned out to be pretty good players. I agree that the shift in focusing on Free Agents at that same time has hurt the franchise overall. But the Gilbert saga was handled well and produced great results.

As far as the question on the bust, it's a toss up between Stubblefield and Haynesworth. Both were dominating defensive players of the year and the Redskins threw a boat load of money at both. Neither lived up to the hype. Didn't even come close in fact. Stubblefield was just an earlier version of Haynesworth. But Fat Alberts refusal to play ultimately gives him the nod over Stubblefield. I don't remember hearing anything about him refusing to play or not listening to the coaches.

Archived