Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MNF- The Jets at the Pats

benskins26

I'm not a Patriots fan, but I'm enjoying watching them destroy the Jets. Going for it on 4th down inside the Jets 20 when up by 35 points....they're just embarrassing Rex at this point.

Same here. I just tuned in and saw the score. And I'm loving it. Nice to see the Jets don't walk on water.

. Was their line great when they couldn't run the ball effectively in recent years?

Have you seen the time Brady gets in the pocket? I'm willing to bet Brady has stood in the pocket cumulatively longer than any QB in the history of the game.

Time and again, Brady (now that key 2nd season removed from a VERY bad knee injury replete with infections stunting his recovery) proves he is the GOTE (Greatest Of This Era.)

I disagree. He plays in the greatest system of this era. Did you see the stat on YAC tonight for the Pats? Like I said earlier, I have never seen a QB throw so many 2 yard passes that turn into long touchdowns. It seems like he never has to make that tight throw, Welker, or Branch, or some random tight end are always wide ass open. Granted, he does execute that offense to perfection.

I disagree. He plays in the greatest system of this era. Did you see the stat on YAC tonight for the Pats? Like I said earlier, I have never seen a QB throw so many 2 yard passes that turn into long touchdowns. It seems like he never has to make that tight throw, Welker, or Branch, or some random tight end are always wide ass open. Granted, he does execute that offense to perfection.

If it's the system, why aren't more running it?

If it's the system, why aren't more running it?

For starters, you need a great offensive line. You also need recievers that can make decisions and find the holes in the zone. Not an easy task.

Imagine the Skins' personnel attempting to run the the Pats' offense. Shudder.

For starters, you need a great offensive line. You also need recievers that can make decisions and find the holes in the zone. Not an easy task.

You are aware that the offense they're running now is NOT the same as when they won the first few SBs, right? Not to say they did such a change that it was like going from Run N SHoot to Jimmy Raye, but they did change. You can google it. Also, they had won TWO Super Bowls before the line was remotely the quality it was to become.

I mean, Big Ben AND Warner both went to a SB with poor run-blocking lines that were fairly weak pass blocking lines, in addition. Ben extended plays with his legs/strength and overall sense of the moment, Warner used the pocket well (as does Brady/Manning) and got the ball to the right people at the right times.

As pointed out, QBs here have had plays where they had 5+ seconds and threw a pick or boucned a ball off the ground. You are looking at a few plays where the line had to hold longer and ignoring all the others ones where proper QB play/playcalling (including audibling by a QB who knows what's going on) were more key than pass blocking.

Oh, as someone who watched Brady at Michigan, I said that if you built a system around his ability to see the field and make decisions, you'd do well, it was just that I didn't expect him to improve his arm strength. Doesn't that sound like what they do in NE? You think that's a coincidence? Would they be doing the same thing with McNabb up there, in 20012? No. Different skill set.

It may indeed be a great system but so was the WCO for a Montana/Young, it doesn't change what THEY were and that they were clearly superior to other "system" WCO QBs.

---------- Post added December-6th-2010 at 11:02 PM ----------

Odd how Brady thrived (numbers-wise) with a Moss, does well with Welkers, Branches, Pattens, Givens, etc---am I to believe that damn near every player on offense all just KNEW how to find holes in zones? Come now.

I've also explained repeatedly that the NE off line was not what it is now and they had still managed to win TWO Super Bowls (it took a jump in quality by that third SB run.)

And for all the people who maintained that it was the defense that carried them, interesting how Peyton could not deliver against a VARIETY of defenses but Brady could and Brady OWNS Pittsburgh. He also is playing with one of the worst defenses, statistically, in the league--32nd in important categories.

Your post is too long to quote and full of irrelevancies. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Brady's numbers pre-Welker and Moss were none too spectacular. Solid? Yes. Spectacular? No. Let's not forget that the legend was born from the tuck rule. And Spygate will always tarnish the Pats of the 2000s.

---------- Post added December-7th-2010 at 12:39 AM ----------

Yeap and McNabb is on pace to be the all time single season passing leader yet both teams are full of fail.

It's a team game. 21 other players do start for a football team you know.

My post is not full of irrelevancies. Because we disagree doesn't mean points made in support of an argument are irrelevant.

Much of that post was in direct response to things you said. Not sure I get the irrelevant aspect there.

You made points about "offensive line/systems/wideouts with smarts" and I rebutted them. You weren't rude or anything, I'm not trying to be, but don't be so dismissive, unless you're tired like I am and just want to go to sleep :)

It's a team game. 21 other players do start for a football team you know.

You expressed Kyle Orton's passing #'s as a qualifier that McDaniel is some how a successful or good coach. Its just not true. When you're a HC only thing that matters is "W"'s.

Does Tom Brady get more YAC than any other QB in the history of the NFL? I haven't see him actually throw a touchdown in the endzone in a long time, unless the Pats are inside the 5. Dude gets more 1 yard passes turned into long TDs than any player I have ever seen.

How often do you see him NOT hit a WR in stride?

Archived