Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MNF- The Jets at the Pats

benskins26

Nobody cares about Spygate anymore. The only people who think the 2000 Pats are somehow tarnished are just jealous haters.

Agreed. Most of us didn't care in the first place. Way overblown by some.

The Patriots have been a marvel to watch this past decade. Everyone declared that dynasties were over with the coming of free agency and the salary cap.

The Patriots show that even in today's football, you land a franchise QB and have a freaking genius as your head coach that you can win a ton of games and multiple titles for a long long time.

Agreed. Most of us didn't care in the first place. Way overblown by some.

The Patriots have been a marvel to watch this past decade. Everyone declared that dynasties were over with the coming of free agency and the salary cap.

The Patriots show that even in today's football, you land a franchise QB and have a freaking genius as your head coach that you can win a ton of games and multiple titles for a long long time.

Truth.

Brady is a baller. Everyone wants to talk about how he and Peyton are like Marino and Montana. Stats vs rings. But if you break it down, Brady won all those rings throwing to Deon Branch and no one else. The guy took his team to the AFC championship game with Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell, GAFFNEY AND CALDWELL, for crying out loud. Manning had the luxury of throwing to TWO hall of fame receivers for his entire career.

All of a sudden the Pats go out and acquire a HOF (maybe 2?) receivers and Brady goes out and tops Manning's greatest performance. There's nothing Manning has done that Brady hasn't. Oh, "but Manning is always overcoming a bad defense?" Look at what Brady is doing this year.

It's crazy how good those teams are. It it's NOT because Bellichick is a defensive genius, it's because he is a coaching genius period. When they were talking about how Bill sits down with Brady to break down film I was impressed. How many defensive coordinators or defensive coaches do you think break down film with the offense? I think Manning would have laughed Dungy out of the room if he tried to coach Peyton up. I think a lot of D coordinators barely even know their offenses terminology, let alone enough about the system to coach them.

There is a reason that Weiss, Mcdaniels, etc have all come and gone, but Brady remains just as good. Bill can coach both sides of the ball. It's sick.

Brady is a baller. Everyone wants to talk about how he and Peyton are like Marino and Montana. Stats vs rings. But if you break it down, Brady won all those rings throwing to Deon Branch and no one else. The guy took his team to the AFC championship game with Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell, GAFFNEY AND CALDWELL, for crying out loud. Manning had the luxury of throwing to TWO hall of fame receivers for his entire career.

And it was that very defense that let the Pats down in that AFC Title game, AND would the Colts have won the SB in the first place had that not mysteriously been the SAME year that Polian lobbied the rest of the competition committee to call the game even softer in pass defense than the post-mid90s already had become.

Truth.

All of a sudden the Pats go out and acquire a HOF (maybe 2?) receivers and Brady goes out and tops Manning's greatest performance. There's nothing Manning has done that Brady hasn't. Oh, "but Manning is always overcoming a bad defense?" Look at what Brady is doing this year.

It's crazy how good those teams are. It it's NOT because Bellichick is a defensive genius, it's because he is a coaching genius period. When they were talking about how Bill sits down with Brady to break down film I was impressed. How many defensive coordinators or defensive coaches do you think break down film with the offense? I think Manning would have laughed Dungy out of the room if he tried to coach Peyton up. I think a lot of D coordinators barely even know their offenses terminology, let alone enough about the system to coach them.

There is a reason that Weiss, Mcdaniels, etc have all come and gone, but Brady remains just as good. Bill can coach both sides of the ball. It's sick.

You're preaching to the choir about Belichick. In my opinion, he made Bill Parcells and not the other way around. Parcells won nothing without Belichick and Belichick beat him head to head in the playoffs back in 94 when he was with the Browns and Parcells was with the Patriots.

I have nothing but respect and near awe at what Belichick has done with the Patriots.

As for Brady, I can see how some view him as a system guy. But as you and others have pointed out, he's had alot of mediocre talent around him. If he is a "system" guy, well then he is the one that makes the system work. When he had talent (Moss) he put up historic numbers.

Archived