Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to start from Scratch

laidback94

Would you still support this team, if the name was not the Washington Redskins"  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still support this team, if the name was not the Washington Redskins"

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, Probably...but

Another pittiful excuse for Redskins Football. I'm tired of the overpriced has beens and wanta bees, inlcuding the coaching staff. No matter who are coach has been over the past 20 years we end up with the same result; No offense and a piss poor excuse for NFL football. We need to just Scrap almost the entire team and start over. I'd rather have a roster full of young up and comming, hard nosed, trying to prove themselve players and rookies than this bull. This roster is too old and it's time for the entire O line to retire except Williams. Portis is done, Roy Dell Williams never was, Hanesworth needs to go, Rodgers needs to go and The young talent we have need to be brought along. Our Secondary is terrible which brings me to Buchannon another example of what are we @#$%in doing! 5-6 going on 5-11 !

Another pittiful excuse for Redskins Football. I'm tired of the overpriced has beens and wanta bees, inlcuding the coaching staff. No matter who are coach has been over the past 20 years we end up with the same result; No offense and a piss poor excuse for NFL football. We need to just Scrap almost the entire team and start over. I'd rather have a roster full of young up and comming, hard nosed, trying to prove themselve players and rookies than this bull. This roster is too old and it's time for the entire O line to retire except Williams. Portis is done, Roy Dell Williams never was, Hanesworth needs to go, Rodgers needs to go, laidback94 needs to go and The young talent we have need to be brought along. Our Secondary is terrible which brings me to Buchannon another example of what are we @#$%in doing! 5-6 going on 5-11 !

Fixed that for you.

You cannot rebuild through the draft in one year. Every team has veteran FA. Fact is we are better than last year, and hopefully we can build on that next year. SUPERBOWL or BUST! some fans drive me crazy.

Really? There are 5 games left and your whole, "Redskins stink, we need to gut the team and start from scratch" idea, is exactly what we did at the end of last year. You and people Like you should love Dan Synder because that is the attitude he had for his whole time here untill this season. We have a competent coaching staff, a REAL general manager, a franchise QB........ It's called rebuilding and it takes patience.

p.s. I still think the skins can win out but that's a discussion for a whole 'nother thread

We are starting from scratch. We cut a host of veterans last offseason, we introduced a new HC, new OC, new DC, etc, and a host of new players. We got younger, but are in the first year of a rebuild. Another draft next year, and some smart FA's (V.Jax would be nice), and the team will get better. We upgraded our QB position noticeably with Mcnabb, etc. We still are rebuilding, and thus are not going to win the super bowl this year. Face the facts. Progress takes time. I predicted before the season we'd go 7-9 in our first year under the Shanny's, and I'm sticking with it. 7-9...that's 3 full games better than last season. Not too bad.

which brings me to Buchannon another example of what are we @#$%in doing! 5-6 going on 5-11 !

We could very well be 5-11 to finish the season. But, I don't know why you singled out Buchanon. He played very well yesterday and he is, after all, the backup CB. The miscues that he had early in the season playing zone have pretty much ended.

1 Really we can't rebuild through the draft in a year, wow, if you hadn't stated that I would have never known! 2 Never said we it was super bowl or bust!!! 3 we're better than last year please!!! just because we've won 1 more game ? our offense is just as inept and our defense is worse! We may not have won a single game in the NFC east but we also didn't get embaressed by the Eagles on Monday night football. Finally, you're not even old enough to know what real Redskins football is !

---------- Post added December-4th-2010 at 08:42 AM ----------

The Fan base won't support it? Really the fan base has been doing a damn good job of supporting our team through the last 21 years of terrible football and over the hill players ! The Redskins fan base will continue to support this team. look at the Capitals they scraped the entire team and started rebuilding, The Buccaneers did the same thing ( the youngest team in the NfL and they are on of the hottest this year and have shown progression over last year. We just need to see some progress. If I'm wrong and the Redskins make a push I'll make a public apology and say I was wrong!

---------- Post added December-4th-2010 at 08:43 AM ----------

You can call me out, let me hear it !

---------- Post added December-4th-2010 at 08:48 AM ----------

Buchanon, played well yesterday, how about the last 10 games and you can say he's a back up but we all know in the NFL you play 3 CB's miore than just 2. Barnes needs to be on the field more !

I guess we didn't have enough threads from someone that "HAD" to put their "ORIGINAL" thought down in a thread.

The OP "HAD" to put their "VERY IMPORTANT" opinion out to everyone about subject matter that has "NEVER" been discussed here many times before.

And "HAD" to display "LIKE MANY OTHERS' what it means to be a bipolar fair weather fan.

Lastly, no reply is needed because the answers you seek are already posted in other threads.

Somebody hasn't figured out that this year is about scrapping the team and starting from scratch.

You can't scrap it all in one offseason, you have to field a team. And so this is the team we've fielded with the the expectation that if anyone wants to be here when the forward momentum slowly begins (next year and 2012), now is the time to show it.

Some are, some are not.

And here's a clue: When you're a 4 win football team and you use your top pick to take a Tackle,, you're rebuilding. That is a move to begin the foundation, not "win now".

So to the OP- you are seeing what you want to see. You just don't know that's what you're looking at.

~Bang

I guess we didn't have enough threads from someone that "HAD" to put their "ORIGINAL" thought down in a thread.

The OP "HAD" to put their "VERY IMPORTANT" opinion out to everyone about subject matter that has "NEVER" been discussed here many times before.

And "HAD" to display "LIKE MANY OTHERS' what it means to be a bipolar fair weather fan.

Lastly, no reply is needed because the answers you seek are already posted in other threads.

Your post isn't very original either beings someone already made a sarcastic post about the lack of originality this thread possesses.

Just saying.. ;)

Somebody hasn't figured out that this year is about scrapping the team and starting from scratch.

You can't scrap it all in one offseason, you have to field a team. And so this is the team we've fielded with the the expectation that if anyone wants to be here when the forward momentum slowly begins (next year and 2012), now is the time to show it.

Some are, some are not.

And here's a clue: When you're a 4 win football team and you use your top pick to take a Tackle,, you're rebuilding. That is a move to begin the foundation, not "win now".

So to the OP- you are seeing what you want to see. You just don't know that's what you're looking at.

Bang, good post and it should end this thread.

And "HAD" to display "LIKE MANY OTHERS' what it means to be a bipolar fair weather fan..

Hot darn it! Someone's calling fairweather fans bi-polar? Bi-polar was my word. Get your own for your "fair weather" fan ****! :mad:

Hail.

Bang, good post and it should end this thread.

Pretty much, and I'm not sure what the OP wants to see happen. We are in the rebuilding process and this is what it looks like. If we scrapped the entire team ane started from scratch we'd be at 4-5 wins again and the idiots would want to fire everyone and start from scratch again after one season.

It sucks ass that after decades of ****tyness, that we have to suffer through another couple years of gettting the team right but that's what happens when your franchise is neglected for so long. I expect us to improve our win total by two-three games next season while keeping the pieces that are working and rebuilding the ones that aren't.

Our defense is pretty close to being good. We're missing the guys up front (and Haynesworth isn't being utilized correctly IMO), but unlike the OP seems to think, our secondary is talented and our LB corps is pretty solid.

I like our offensive philosophy a lot better than I have since I can remember. Our offense is more aggressive and creative than it has been in forever and we have a very good QB who is a winner and is getting more comfortable in this scheme every week. We've seen the big plays and flashes of what this offense will look like once we get the right personnel for the job. We need interior OL and RB help badly and another threat or two at WR.

Between the offense and defense, we should be able to fill all these holes in two offseasons. I think we fill a lot of them this offseason and show a very noticable improvement. By 2012, I expect to compete for the division. But none of this happens if we fire the coaching staff and all of our players because we didn't go from 4-12 to 12-4 in one season.

Hot darn it! Someone's calling fairweather fans bi-polar? Bi-polar was my word. Get your own for your "fair weather" fan ****! :mad:

Hail.

Sorry, didn't know that because you use the word that it therefore cannot be used again.

And, perhaps I used the word in reference to said thread. Perhaps that is why I used it to further bolster my point. However, next time I will put the appropriate footnotes in my post to recognize your hard work as an author of a thread.

Sorry, didn't know that because you use the word that it therefore cannot be used again.

And, perhaps I used the word in reference to said thread. Perhaps that is why I used it to further bolster my point. However, next time I will put the appropriate footnotes in my post to recognize your hard work as an author of a thread.

Fred my good man, it's the weekend already ..... relax, put your feet up, and chill out. I was just being light hearted man, Ignore my cooky SOH,

Hail.

Archived