Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Redskins Insider - Galloway Waived, Austin activated

2006Skins

Galloway was thrown to 38 times. He only had 12 catches, with 5 interceptions.

EDIT: McNabb has thrown 12 interceptions. 41.7% were to Galloway,

Wow, that IS pretty bad. I had no idea he was actually causing so many problems for the team as a whole on the field. I'm sure he's a great locker room guy, but when the ball coming your direction means a turnover or a drop 70% of the time, that ain't good.

Hopefully we can get someone in there that will have some chemistry and at least catch 2/3s of the passes thrown his way rather than 1/3rd.

After Shanny saw what Maclin and Jackson did to us I think was sold on the younger smaller speedsters. I like this a lot. Especially if we can fill some holes now and ease question marks in the offseason.

Im sure that was a part of it but Shanny has always likes speed. Thats why Armstrong made it on the field in the first place.

If you take the passes away from McNabb that he targeted Galloway, he actually has pretty good numbers. There have been alot of people screaming this for a long time. I hope McNabb detractors finally see that the problems with the passing game isn't just with Donovan.

hmmm. If over 40% of McNabbs interceptions were thrown toward Galloway why the frick did McNabb continually throw to Gallaway on third down? Doesn't add up. As a fan, Galloway has been very frustrating to watch.

I would have expected this move from Shanahan in week 4 not week 12. Still, glad that we are getting some young players playing time.

hmmm. If over 40% of McNabbs interceptions were thrown toward Galloway why the frick did McNabb continually throw to Gallaway on third down? Doesn't add up. As a fan, Galloway has been very frustrating to watch.

Most likely it was because the coverage was forcing him to look towards Galloway, or he was forced to go through his progression quicker, due to the constant pressure he's been getting, therefore causing him to throw the ball earlier then intended.

If you take the passes away from McNabb that he targeted Galloway, he actually has pretty good numbers. There have been alot of people screaming this for a long time. I hope McNabb detractors finally see that the problems with the passing game isn't just with Donovan.

Old man Joey is indeed an old man i kinda feel wrong blaming him when we all should be able to admit that we thought he was a limited player when he came to the team?

I figured he was here to show the young guys how to practice and how to be a pro, i never actually thought he would be part of the passing game.

Imo its as much Kyle's/offensive staffs fault for making Joey a big enough part of the passing offense to receive 30+ targets when Fred Davis is sitting on the sideline watching old man Joey get beat to the ball by dudes half his age.(but i digress)

Then you have to wonder why Mc5 was throwing some of those passes to Joey when even in his prime he wasn't an inside the numbers WR.

Great move in my book. Old Man Joe was productive in this league, emphasis on was.

I never liked bringing him in though. His last stint before the Skins was with the Patriots and they cut him. NE has one of the most reciever frendly systems meaning they have been able to make some very average WRs/TEs look very good (Givens, Branch,Graham,etc...). Joey couldn't make it there. Don't know why it was thought he could make it here.

Enough of the negatives!!!! Let's go TA!!!!!!!! Good luck!!!! Rip'em up out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old man Joey is indeed an old man i kinda feel wrong blaming him when we all should be able to admit that we thought he was a limited player when he came to the team?

I figured he was here to show the young guys how to practice and how to be a pro, i never actually thought he would be part of the passing game.

That's the crux of it, Galloway was never supposed to be a star here, he was a piece of the process of overhauling the attitude and psyche of the lockerroom. Reestablishing fundamental elements of professionalism and accountability here took precedence over some other "on the field" aspects of the team. This season needs to be judged by more than just their final record, we are in Vinnie-detox.

I have not plowed through all this thread and the other one on Galloway being waived but I would echo the general consensus of "about time". The timing of this though is interesting, with Banks reported as limping around on his knee this week in practice I suspect this move was forced to bring Austin up to return kicks and punts as much as to have him as a receiver.

Archived