Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles at Redskins MNF GameDay Thread

SIXX99

I love my team too much to watch them play like that. I don't have any solutions, but if that is the best we can do after two weeks of rest/prep, on MNF, at home... I just cringe at the thought of watching them again this season. I can't think of a single team in the league that could not have beaten them tonight...

LMFAO! Man you're drunk or you need to get off the Kool - Aid.

Edit: I think you're super drunk now... "I'm not happy we won either"

No, its 12 40 Am, and I'm tired and making grammatical errors and slipping the wrong words in. I even went back and corrected two errors (one I said the Giants won, 2 I said we won, Not sure why I typed it that way, but I went back and corrected them after rereading it. I'm not drunk though, I don't consume Alcoholic beverages as a matter of fact.

You can hate my analysis if you ant, and I won't sugar coat that we have a major uphill climb to get to a Wild Card berth, but if the team packs it in now, then they basically just gave the eagles another gift of a higher draft pick, and on top of it will not be in position to take advantage when some other teams begin to blink and falter down the stretch. That's why you don't pack it in yet. We still have some football left in this team. Is it 5 of 7 games worth and enough to make a Wild Card? Maybe not, but to not at least try, to give it up, frankly the lot of them that do should be fired and replaced, that's how I feel. It wasn't over when the Japs bombed pearl harbor, its not over yet, although tit certainly looks grim and stacked against us.

Relegation, anyone?

I hear the UFL needs more teams. I'm sure they'd happily accept one used, broken-down football 'team' which plays in a major media market.

and a 90,000+ capacity stadium. We would dominate, baby!!

I think we'd have a decent shot at the Hambrecht next year. It will look awesome next to those Lombardis.

Watch out I suggested the Redskins should petetion to join the UFL last year & was banned for 2 weeks from making new posts

No, its 12 40 Am, and I'm tired and making grammatical errors and slipping the wrong words in. I even went back and corrected two errors (one I said the Giants won, 2 I said we won, Not sure why I typed it that way, but I went back and corrected them after rereading it. I'm not drunk though, I don't consume Alcoholic beverages as a matter of fact.

You can hate my analysis if you ant, and I won't sugar coat that we have a major uphill climb to get to a Wild Card berth, but if the team packs it in now, then they basically just gave the eagles another gift of a higher draft pick, and on top of it will not be in position to take advantage when some other teams begin to blink and falter down the stretch. That's why you don't pack it in yet. We still have some football left in this team. Is it 5 of 7 games worth and enough to make a Wild Card? Maybe not, but to not at least try, to give it up, frankly the lot of them that do should be fired and replaced, that's how I feel. It wasn't over when the Japs bombed pearl harbor, its not over yet, although tit certainly looks grim and stacked against us.

I will first start by saying I am sorry about calling drunk, but I just thought what you were writing was crazy.

About the team giving up on season, I think is ludacris! The player on this team is payed to play this game, but I just dont have the energy to watch them lose in heart wrenching losses.

Again, it's symbolic. Actions speak louder than words and all that jazz.

I wont hold this game over the Coaches head, and all the symbolic crap can only go so far. I get the rah rah never give up momento but in this particular situation I believe the coaches decision was the right move.

A loss is a loss. 40 pts, 50 pts, 60 pts. It's stilll only one loss.

Quitting on the team in the 4th quarter with 11 minutes left? That's a lot worse.

Could you imagine the Colts or Patriots quiitting with 11 minutes left? LOL

My God, that was bad coaching.

Shanahan: "Great TD Williams. Now guys, we just scored a TD, and we still have 11 minutes left. Now we are going to quit."

I dont think I seen the Patriots during the Browns game kicking the on side kick.

First I figure one team has to come out of the west, but don't expect a Wild Card there. So That leaves:

NOrth:Green Bay and Chicago Tied at 6-3

South:Atlanta 7-2 NO 6-3 (Bucs 6-3)

East:NYG 6-3, Phily 6-3, (Wash 4-5)

Key Conference Games we play

Nov 28 Vs Minnesota

Dec 5 @NY

Dec 13 Vs Tampa

Dec 19 @ Dllas

Jan 2 Vs NY

(Gimmes? Potentially Jax Dec 26, Us @ Titans next week I dunno if we have the horses for that one.)

Now Let's look at our division. Neither us or Phiy have played the Giants yet, Interesting Eh, 4 games potentially in the divisiona re hanging out there:

NY Has:

Nov 21 @Phily

Nov 28 VS Jax

Dec 5 Vs Wash

Dec 12 @ Minny

Dec 15 Vs Phily

Dec 26 @ GB

Jan 2 @ Wash

For the GIants the only rel gimie is Jacksonville, but depending on the hunt for the north Minny might be out of the picture Dec 12, but could still be a dangerous team. Do we think Philly could beat NY with the way they are playing right n ow? Heck yeah. so I see Philly taking over Sole ownership of the east this week, beating Jacksonville keeps the Giants 1 game out going into our game. So if Minny lays down, and jax, that puts NY at worst at 10-6 by my count if they split the division with losses to philly and Washington, wins over phily, washington, minny, and GB, unless we can beat them twice. I think our play offs hinge on beating them twice frankly. I'm not sure NY can win at GB in December. Which could see them at 9-7 in the end.

Aside from the NY games Phily has:

Nov 21 NY

Nov 28 @Chicago (Winner could get an edge on the second home field advantage, if not the first if Atlanta loses to --- )

Dec 2 Houston

Dec 12 @ Dallas

Dec 19 @ NYG

Dec 26 Vs Minny

Jan 2 Vs Dallas

Phily has 4 Division games left, they coul din theory split with Dallas, and NY, which would leave it up to who wins oer Minny, chicago/GB in our division. Phiy has a Tie breaker over Atlanta in head to head. but a loss to Green Bay, so they really need to edge Green bay by a game somewhere. Miny could be a gimme game by that point for Philly, but Philly has a tough road if they want to take and stay in the chase for the Division title if you ask me. Nearly as tough as our road. If they split with Dallas and Giants that's 8-5 before you look at Houston, which I think they could win to go to 9-6, Minny -10-6 but they could end up 9-7 too, which is bad, We need either NY or Phily to sweep the other games not us to be 10-6 or 11-5 at best to have a real shot at the play offs I think. So we need Philly or NY to help us by losing to us at least once I think, but beating the other NFC East teams to claim the division.

Bears

Nov 18 @Miami

Nov 28 Vs Phily

Dec 5 @ Detroit

Dec 12 Vs NE

Dec 20 @ Minny

Dec 26 Vs Jets

Jan 2 @ GB

Honetly, Bears might beat Miami they've been crap at home, and QBs are out, but against Phily's defense, that could be a good game, Chicago's D isn't great, but that becomes a key game both for the NFC North and East. CHicago has Detroit as a practical Gimmie at this point, I expect them to lose to NE at home, probaby beat inny and Lose to the Jets. the GB final game depends on factors too far to predict but i see potentially 3-4 losses 3 of them in the conference before all is said and done which would put chicago at 8-6 going into Green Bay at the end of the season, and that presumes losses to Phily, NW, and Jets, if Minny jumps up then they will be fighting to just make .500 when they go into the Frozen Tundra in january.

Green Bay has an interesting Schedule with only 3 Home games, they may have a tough Road, and with the injuries they've had al seaon could begin regressing if Minny and Atlanta beat them in consecutive weeks.

Nov 21 @ Minny

Nov 28 @ Atlanta

Dec 5 SF

Dec 12 @ Detroit

Dec 19 @ NE

Dec 26 Vs NYG

Jan 2 Vs Chicago

Personally I think the NFC North title will be decided before the final game for Chicago and Green bay, someone is gong to blink. Beating at Atlanta at home is a tough recipe but GB has a defense that could give matt ryan trouble. Minny plays well at times, with Favre injured I can see them winning that one pushing to 8-3. Detroit is a gimme leaving the outcomes of SF, NY, CHicago to decide the division that would put them at 11-5 potentially, with losses to NE, adn one of the two NFC power houses left GIants or Chicago. but all it takes is Minny and Atlanta to bust them in the chops in consecutive weeks ad then the record looks like 9-7 or 8-8 if GB somehow loses another game to SF or NY or Chicago. So mathematically the North could be a 2 team race or a 1 team race by seasons end based on the schedule

Atlanta may have the easiest schedule ahead

Nov 21 @STL

Nov 28 Vs GB

Dec 5 @ Tampa

Dec 12 @Carolina

Dec 19 @ Seattle

Dec 27 Vs NO

Jan 2 Carolina

Figure Carolina as Gimmies, STL maybe too. Seattle won't be so easy in that north western weather though. But at 7-2 they can afford to drop a game to GB, tampa or NO as they are nearly insured of 9 wins with this schedule. I see them Beating STL, POtentially GB, Carolina twice, that puts them at worst at 11-5 with the outcome of Tamp and NO assumed as losses, but they could be as good as 13-3 if you think about it. That would give them the inside track for Home Field Advantage throughou the play offs

New Orleans is 6-3 right now and they have games against:

Nov 21 Seattle

Nov 25 @ Dallas

Dec 25 @ Cincy

Dec 12 STL

Dec 19 @ Baltimore

Dec 27 @ATL

Jan 2 Tampa

only gimmies there are maybe Cincy and Seattle. Dallas may still have some heart in them at that point in the season, but NO could win that won if healthy after the Seattle game. NO's problem is they have fewer cnference games down the stretch than Atlanta, which means they almost need to be a game up to break the tie for the division. THeir last two games could be the key with games @ Atlanta and home to Tampa, but I see them as a 9-7 or 8-8 team with a split between Atlanta and Tampa at the end of the year.

Tampa is the last team to be concerned with and they have a schedule with few home games (one of them against Detroit and Seattle and Atlanta.

Nov 21 @ SF

Nov 28 @ Baltimore

Dec 5 Vs Atl

Dec 12 @ Washington

Dec 19 Vs Detroit

Dec 26 Vs Seattle

Jan 2 @ NO

At 6-3 the only two potential gimmes (assuming we are still fighting on dec 12th, is Detroit and Seattle) SF has played better at times this season, and Are a wild card this week. However, games @ Baltimore, Vs Atlanta, and NO put Tampa ina hard position to try and wina Wild Card berth in my opinion. They'd need to beat SF, Atlanta, and NO, just to ensure getting to 9-7, Though they could get there by beating Detroit or Seattle or Us or SF as well, It is just as likely that they lose both division games and then even if they beat Seattle Detroit, and SF they are sitting at 9-7 with no tie breakers ove any one who matters. So their game against us could be key for a Wild Card Berth, and if we are out of it may end up as spoilers potentialy.

What does this tell me? We have potential Tie Breakers over both Chicago and Green Bay. If we are on an even playing field and the NFC east somehow manages to get 2 WC slots again, we just have to be at least 9-7 with wins over Jaxsonville, giant, Tampa, Minnesota, and either a second win over dallas or a sweep of the Giants. I know that looks pretty daunting, and if we don't win the next three it may not matter. So we must win the next three games before Dallas, if we do then I think mathematically we could potentialy be in the hunt for another Wild Card and may be fighting with NY for ceding potentially depending on how they do down the stretch.

Yeah losing to Phily tonight really took the error out of our sales. We could lose to Minny at home, and sweep NY Dallas, and beat tampa to get 4 of the 5 wins needed to get to 9-7 (A sweep of te gians potentially gives us the tie breaker over them if records are identical. This is why I say there is still some fight left in this team on paper. The question is do they have the heart to win 4 of the next five or 6 games to set up that show down at home against the Giants on Jan 2nd.

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but since many people feel the game was over after that first play................Did anyone else see the blatant hold on Orakpo? Not saying we would have won, but if the hold is called, it backs them up to the six, and then maybe they're less likely to go for a deep post on 1st and 16, throwing from the goal line. Coulda kept us in it a little longer and changed the whole tenor of the game.

The hold was pretty freakin obvious (both hands were on the outside of his shoulder pads, clutching).

The Redskins have the ability to finish 7-9 or even 8-8. The Eagles could do no wrong last night and Vick was making some amazing plays avoiding the rush. Our D-Line was getting decent pressure all night. And yes; Orakpo was held on that first TD pass. It was obvious, but I don't know if that would have made much of a difference overall. We need a better O-line and more speed at receiver. I still cannot figure out why Galloway is out there. I think the Eagles got two of their picks on passes intended for him.

I heard Merrill Hodge this morning, say that the Redskins Defenders were in the right position most of the game, but because Vick was scrambling so well and buying time; it allowed receivers to separate just enough for his accurate passes.

Oh well, its past and time to move on and come back strong next week.

Wow, I can't believe this thread is still open. Last night, it appeared as though the Eagles were team that had the bye week and Skins just walked into a buzz saw. It honestly looked like a video game out there last night and Eagles were the Colts and the Skins were a last place team playing them. I think they were so concerned with the benching debacle, that were just putting the finishing touches on the extension and were not focused on the game at all.

• 8 months later...
Why necro a bad night

Ever since they started signing everyone I can't stop thinking about what took place last year and what could take place this year. First things first, we can help our team by at least being at the home game. The Eagles fans always come takeover. At the bare minimum we could boost our teams energy just being there.

Hail!

Ever since they started signing everyone I can't stop thinking about what took place last year and what could take place this year. First things first, we can help our team by at least being at the home game. The Eagles fans always come takeover. At the bare minimum we could boost our teams energy just being there.

Hail!

Don't worry I'm there and I hope the rest of the Die Hard Fans will be...

Oh sweet. I was just sitting here thinking that I'd really love to relive the most frustrating day of 2010 and then this gets bumped. WHAT LUCK!

Sorry bro but its a great way to start plotting for our home game against them this year. Obviously we can't control what takes place on the field but if we can get some of the fans who post here not to sell their tickets to Eagles fans we could potentially minimize some of their turnout.

Archived