Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles at Redskins MNF GameDay Thread

SIXX99

Who rolled over and died?

Shanahan quit, that's the bottom line.

His job is to put the team in the best position to win. Even if it looks unlikely.

No onsides kick with 11 minutes left? Punting on 4th and 1?

Then he tells the players to get back on the field and risk injury, after he's already quit?

That's a disgrace. Not a head coach.

There will be no playoffs. Not with the Giants and the Eagles in the division. That's not even taking into account the NFC South.

I admit things look pretty grim, but crazier things have happened this year. KC was on fire, and they got the doors blown off and smashed by Denver yesterday. The Raiders rule the AFC west right now. Atlanta looks Golden, but NO is starting to get healthy at the right time. CHicago has been a pretty ugly team to watch, but they are tied for the North. A lot more DIvision games are in the last 7 games, and that means some dominoes will start to fall, if we can win a few more ball games, we might be able to sneak in as a wild card. I know none of us wants to just sneak in, but mathematically we are not completely out of the equation just yet. Though honestly, We have an upward climb to make it. We basically need to win 5 of the last 7 to make it I think. That's still an iffy prospect.

BTW my biggest criticism of Shanahan would have to be that I feel we gave up on the run game too early in the game. When you are finding yourself in a dog fight and you haven't made it out of your 15 play script yet, its time to throw it out and start calling plays.

I admit things look pretty grim, but crazier things have happened this year. KC was on fire, and they got the doors blown off and smashed by Denver yesterday. The Raiders rule the AFC west right now. Atlanta looks Golden, but NO is starting to get healthy at the right time. CHicago has been a pretty ugly team to watch, but they are tied for the North. A lot more DIvision games are in the last 7 games, and that means some dominoes will start to fall, if we can win a few more ball games, we might be able to sneak in as a wild card. I know none of us wants to just sneak in, but mathematically we are not completely out of the equation just yet. Though honestly, We have an upward climb to make it. We basically need to win 5 of the last 7 to make it I think. That's still an iffy prospect.

We need to win out. Period.

Are you smoking crack?

5 of 7 what? GAMES? You think this joke of a team can go 5-2 in the next 7? REALLY? YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT?

WOW! Do you own a television?

Shanahan quit, that's the bottom line.

His job is to put the team in the best position to win. Even if it looks unlikely.

No onsides kick with 11 minutes left? Punting on 4th and 1?

Then he tells the players to get back on the field and risk injury, after he's already quit?

That's a disgrace. Not a head coach.

Guess you loved Jim Zorn and his gadgets last season then?

Heck, maybe we can get Spurrier back? He liked to run everyone out in a pattern and believed in running up the score..even in...Preseason!!

Doesn't matter who comes in here to coach...we do not have the talent to compete here.

Pull out all the stops and throw every play in Shanny and Al Saunders' playbook. We still aren't winning tonight.

Are you smoking crack?

5 of 7 what? GAMES? You think this joke of a team can go 5-2 in the next 7? REALLY? YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT?

:drooley::drooley:

That's some good stuff right there. Especially the "do you own a tv" comment.

To be fair to the other poster, he never said we would go 5-2. He simply said we need to go 5-2 and we know that ain't happening.

Guess you loved Jim Zorn and his gadgets last season then?

Heck, maybe we can get Spurrier back? He liked to run everyone out in a pattern and believed in running up the score..even in...Preseason!!

Doesn't matter who comes in here to coach...we do not have the talent to compete here.

Pull out all the stops and throw every play in Shanny and Al Saunders' playbook. We still aren't winning tonight.

The bolded part says it all. I don't care if Vince Lombardi is the coach of this team. He's not winning many with guys like Joey Galloway and others on the roster.

I couldn't care less what playbook they use.

If your coach quits with 11 minutes left in the 4th quarter, you are done.

No excuse for quitting.

If mike does the onside kick and they get the ball you are looking at 60+ points instead of 50+ points. I think Mike would then be doing more harm then good for the football team.

Are you smoking crack?

I know the team looks bad, and we dropped an egg as stinky as the one NY and their Stadium did against the Cowboys yesterday. It hurts, because I think we are a better team than Phily, but we can't dwell too much on it. There are still games to play, and frankly I think NY could be vulnerable in our first meeting with them. I will not make any guesses on Dallas or NY later in the year though. There is no reason we can't make 5 out of seven games here, its doable, but how this team reacts to this beating will determine whether they have the fire to come back from this adversity, or belong in the cellar of the NFC and picking in the top 15 of the draft again.

I realize everyone is upset, I'm not happy we lost either, and I told a Phily and a GIants fan today, that if we lost tonight I just didn't see how we could make the playoffs sitting at 4-5 right now. However, this team has gone on a tear at the end of the season before, if the team can gel, and get some rhythm going, maybe we can bust 5 of seven and have a shot at the playoffs, but honestly, it does look grim, and I don't fault anyone for doubting we can do it. However, I'm a fan, and although I know our team has played Jekyl and Hyde all year, I'm not ready to give up on this team with so much football left to play. A lot could happen in 7 games. Eli could get knocked out for the season, Vick could go down injured, atlanta could start a massive slide, and then an opening might present itself. The key is to take them one game at a time, and fine a way to win the next couple of games. and get some confidence. If we can do that, who knows where we are standing 4-5 games from now, the situation may not seem nearly as dire.

I don't care how long of a shot is now. It is not the time to give up on this team just yet no matter how badly we feel about how they played. That's my 2 cents worth.

I know the team looks bad, and we dropped an egg as stinky as the one NY and their Stadium did against the Giants yesterday. It hurts, because I think we are a better team than Phily, but we can't dwell do much on it. There are still games to play, and frankly I think NY could be vulnerable in our first meeting with them. I will not make any guesses on Dallas or NY later in the year though. There is no reason we can't make 5 out of seven games here, its doable, but how this team reacts to this beating will determine whether they have the fire to come back from this adversity, or belong in the cellar of the NFC and picking in the top 15 of the draft again.

I realize everyone is upset, I'm not happy we won either, and I told a Phily and a GIants fan today, that if we lost tonight I just didn't see how we could make the playoffs sitting at 4-5 right now. However, this team has gone on a tear at the end of the season before, if the team can gel, and get some rhythm going, maybe we can bust 5 of seven and have a shot at the playoffs, but honestly, it does look grim, and I don't fault anyone for doubting we can do it. However, I'm a fan, and although I know our team has played Jekyl and Hyde all year, I'm not ready to give up on this team with so much football left to play. A lot could happen in 7 games. Eli could get knocked out for the season, Vick could go down injured, atlanta could start a massive slide, and then an opening might present itself. The key is to take them one game at a time, and fine a way to win the next couple of games. and get some confidence. If we can do that, who knows where we are standing 4-5 games from now, the situation may not seem nearly as dire.

I don't care how long of a shot is now. It is not the time to give up on this team just yet no matter how badly we feel about how they played. That's my 2 cents worth.

LMFAO! Man you're drunk or you need to get off the Kool - Aid.

Edit: I think you're super drunk now... "I'm not happy we won either"

If mike does the onside kick and they get the ball you are looking at 60+ points instead of 50+ points. I think Mike would then be doing more harm then good for the football team.

A loss is a loss. 40 pts, 50 pts, 60 pts. It's stilll only one loss.

Quitting on the team in the 4th quarter with 11 minutes left? That's a lot worse.

Could you imagine the Colts or Patriots quiitting with 11 minutes left? LOL

My God, that was bad coaching.

Shanahan: "Great TD Williams. Now guys, we just scored a TD, and we still have 11 minutes left. Now we are going to quit."

Archived