Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Eagles coaches were furious with defense after Redskins loss

tr1

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/13/eagles-coaches-were-furious-with-defense-after-redskins-loss/

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 13, 2010, 10:18 AM EST

Unlike Trent Cole, Ernie Sims thinks Donovan McNabb is a great player. That’s one reason why Sims is looking forward to taking McNabb down on Monday.

“I’m definitely hoping I can get me a good lick on McNabb,” Sims said via Geoff Mosher of the News Journal. “I’m excited about that.”

Sims mentioned that the Eagles coaching staff was furious with the team’s defense after their last game against the Eagles. Defensive coordinator Sean McDermott “challenged the group’s manhood” after the Redskins loss, and even Andy Reid ripped them — a rarity.

“Lets just say this, man. When we got to that team meeting, it definitely wasn’t a happy moment,” Sims said. “You can put it like that. We walked out of the room like, ‘Man, Coach Reid really meant what he said.’ That’s what I got out of it. That was an awkward day and I just pray I don’t have to go through that again.”

These Redskins-Eagles games clearly mean a little extra to Reid and his staff this year. That’s why all the positive things the Eagles have done this year would feel somewhat hollow if the Redskins pull off another upset on Monday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/13/eagles-coaches-were-furious-with-defense-after-redskins-loss/

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 13, 2010, 10:18 AM EST

Unlike Trent Cole, Ernie Sims thinks Donovan McNabb is a great player. That’s one reason why Sims is looking forward to taking McNabb down on Monday.

“I’m definitely hoping I can get me a good lick on McNabb,” Sims said via Geoff Mosher of the News Journal. “I’m excited about that.”

Sims mentioned that the Eagles coaching staff was furious with the team’s defense after their last game against the Eagles. Defensive coordinator Sean McDermott “challenged the group’s manhood” after the Redskins loss, and even Andy Reid ripped them — a rarity.

“Lets just say this, man. When we got to that team meeting, it definitely wasn’t a happy moment,” Sims said. “You can put it like that. We walked out of the room like, ‘Man, Coach Reid really meant what he said.’ That’s what I got out of it. That was an awkward day and I just pray I don’t have to go through that again.”

These Redskins-Eagles games clearly mean a little extra to Reid and his staff this year. That’s why all the positive things the Eagles have done this year would feel somewhat hollow if the Redskins pull off another upset on Monday.

stopped reading after this "Sims mentioned that the Eagles coaching staff was furious with the team’s defense after their last game against the Eagles."

stopped reading after this "Sims mentioned that the Eagles coaching staff was furious with the team’s defense after their last game against the Eagles."

Im glad I wasn't the only one who caught that. I love how all these players are now talking McNabb down. There is no better way to shut up all the critics then to have a big game on Monday Night football.

I hope LaRon Landry is reading all the **** talking the Eagles have been doing the past week. This is crazy. You do realize we hit hard too. We are the reason Mike Vick had fractured ribs. We did beat you with a poor second half. Stop talking reckless like your the New England Patriots or the Steelers. Monday night is going to be a blood bath. Keep talking ****

Go get em LaRon

Hail!.

Im glad I wasn't the only one who caught that. I love how all these players are now talking McNabb down. There is no better way to shut up all the critics then to have a big game on Monday Night football.

Hell, he could have a horrible game. If we take 2 from the Eagles, nobody in their right mind will say that it was a bad trade. When was the last time we swept the Eagles?

You know, the Eagles players and coaches are talking a lot more trash through the media than I'm accustomed to. They're saying a lot of things about last game... it's getting pretty ridiculous. You'd think Andy would put a stop to it, but their guys are all coming out talking about how they're going to do this and that and they won't be fooled again and whatnot. Heck, even their rookie safety who is going to fill in for their other rookie Safety, Nate Allen I believe who is out due to a neck injury, is talking about how he's not going to get fooled again like last time when he came in the game... I mean, really?

I think most of the National media will have a heart attack if the Redskins beat the Eagles again. The way that most of them have talked about this game, you would think the first game never happened. You know the first game, when the lowly pitiful Redskins managed to BEAT the Soaring Eagles. I mean, my GOD how does that happen? FLY EAGLES FLY!!!! :rolleyes:

God I wish I could be as confident in this game as some of you guys. I think I am just so used to us sucking in situations like this. The bottom line is we get to see who we really are in this game. You can't lose after a bye, with the division up for grabs at home in this spot. You just can't. If you do, you just don't have it and we need to just get back in the laboratory and work on getting more talent in the off-season. Win, and the season is gonna be something special and real turn-around from last year. This game is huge.

Archived