Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro Football Talk reports Wade fired as Cowboys coach

graffjd

It pains me to say this, but we need the Girls to start winning. At this rate, they'll have a top 5 draft pick, and we all know we can't afford to have that team stockpile anymore talent. When they get their heads screwed on, we'll be screwed. They'll have a good pick anyway, but we don't want them to get a top player. Plus, it's not like they're going to the playoffs anyway.

Don't worry Jerry will pick a skill player or a DB and ignore the O'line and linebacker needs they have. Just like Vinny did here for years.

The issues the Cowboys have start with Jerry and he is going nowhere. Thankfully.

We're in much bigger need of DBs than LBs. Ware/Spencer/James/Lee is not too bad of a LB corp for next year. Newman/Jenkins/Scandrick/Sensabaugh/Ball scare the absolute crap out of me for next year.

I think you need ILB help badly, when I watch the Cowboys the only linebacker who shows up getting off blocks and making plays is Ware. I agree you need help at safety but your corners should be playing much better than they are - my theory is they just dont trust their safety help and are being tentative. Everyone playing the same coverage and actually trying to tackle would be a big bonus as well.

I hope that Bill Cowher isn't looking to coach again ever. Not that I think he would work with that Jerry Jones ever...

If cowher coaches, he'll coach in Carolina, since there is almost 100% certainty he will not be retained. His home is in carolina, and I believe he expressed interest in the panthers' HC gig a year or two ago.

Please football gods...let the brokebacks hire Garrett as HC permanantly. Please please please....

There are a few things that are pretty interesting about this development:

Jerruh said he'd never make a move mid-season...is this Wade's doing? Did he figure it'd be better to quit than hang around with the bunch of under-achievers he has?

And, second, isn't it ironic that most of Jerruh's criticism this year has been on the offense...in particular, the playcalling that ignored the running game and Felix.

If I were Garrett, I'd realize that the only way to save my job, and possibly get promoted, would be to finish out with a string of wins.

Not likely.

So, now we go through the endless media barrage of 'who' will be the next leader of this TALENTED team.

:rotflmao:

Expect the pukes to be pre-Parcells.

Inept.

For many years.

This is just too sweet!

You know, i think that this firing was more emotional than logical. Wade hasn't had a loosing season since being the cowboys head coach. This season was a real stinker, but that's on the players. None of them stepped up yesterday and the cowboys key player, Romo sits to pee, was injured. Did Jones really expect Wade to win another game without Romo sits to pee? I mean, you can tell Kitna or whatever his name is is just about the worst replacement for Romo sits to pee.

Firing wade is going to be a mistake. Good for us though. For seasons to come. This almost makes me wish we still had Jim Zorn coaching, then we might have gotten a chance to land Wade.

There should be lots of fun still as it is reported that Garrett is to be the interim, lol

I'm worried about this, actually. Let's assume for a moment that Garrett actually has/had half a mind. Now imagine that he used that half a mind and tanked his offense to make Wade look bad so that he might get him fired midway through the season so he could take over as HC. So, what if Dallass actually responds positively to this move. It's a very scary thought and I hate that I had it.

I'm worried about this, actually. Let's assume for a moment that Garrett actually has/had half a mind. Now imagine that he used that half a mind and tanked his offense to make Wade look bad so that he might get him fired midway through the season so he could take over as HC. So, what if Dallass actually responds positively to this move. It's a very scary thought and I hate that I had it.

http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1744610086883329

I think Garrett has plenty of ability as a coach, but from what I hear majority of players in that locker room "don't like him at all"...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/08/report-cowboys-players-not-big-jason-garrett-fans/?related=1

Report: Cowboys players not big Jason Garrett fans

Posted by Mike Florio on November 8, 2010 5:09 PM ET

As Jason Garrett gets settled in as interim coach of the Cowboys, Albert Breer of NFL Network sprays a little rain (or possibly a less clear liquid) on Garrett's parade.

Breer reports that he hears a majority of the players in the locker room "don't like [Garrett] at all."

Of course, it's not a popularity contest. As one league source told us on Sunday morning regarding the current head coach of the Vikings, "Brad Childress is disliked by all."

And yet when the players had an opportunity to lay down late in Sunday's game against the Cardinals to ensure Chilly would be fired, they chose winning.

So who cares if the players don't like Garrett. They apparently liked Wade Phillips, and that was good for one win in eight games.

Who knows if there's anything to it, but I like any type of problems in Dallas :ols:

Archived