Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CAA & Other Mid-Major Schools 2010-11 Basketball Thread (CAA gets 3 teams in: #8 GMU, #9 ODU, #11 VCU; VCU vs. Kansas (W 71-61), VCU in the Final Four vs. Butler L 70-62)

bushwack

Miami is not a good ACC program.

If you leave GMU, go to an elite school, or at least an elite conference. Not Miami. Miami is a football school.

It could be argued that the ACC is worse competitively than the CAA. So why is he going? Money? Because the teams in the ACC really aren't as good as the CAA teams.

Really? Like you really believe that?

CAA - VCU ODU GMU and some other teams

ACC - UNC Duke...um...VT...FSU...um NC State oh wait

LOL

Seriously though ACC is suffering poorly since expansion. I've said this a thousand times. It's not the place to be anymore.

http://twitter.com/espn4d/statuses/61452913393926144

Miami could do a lot worse than Jim Larranaga. Question might be whether he wants a late-career move to a program that needs a lot of work.

He's a good coach, he's in a weak conference

However the team as Forde says needs a ****load of work

CAA - VCU ODU GMU and some other teams

Top to bottom Duke beats GMU, UNC beats ODU, FSU beats Hofstra, Clemson prob. beats VCU. VCU got hot at the right time but they almost didn't even get in.

For more info check this out: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkc1011.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Seriously though ACC is suffering poorly since expansion. I've said this a thousand times. It's not the place to be anymore.

ACC has won the NCAA 3 times since expansion, including two of the last three years. lmao

Top to bottom Duke beats GMU, UNC beats ODU, FSU beats Hofstra, Clemson prob. beats VCU. VCU got hot at the right time but they almost didn't even get in.

For more info check this out: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkc1011.htm?loc=interstitialskip

ACC has won the NCAA 3 times since expansion, including two of the last three years. lmao

It's just UNC and Duke, boss. No other team is getting in on that.

To be honest that comment was made because this is a CAA thread and I am playing to the crowd but I really believe ACC expansion hurt the league because none of the new guys are getting in on that, or anyone else not named Duke / UNC. We could also talk about the football ramifications of ACC expansion but that's another thread.

It's just UNC and Duke, boss. No other team is getting in on that.

To be honest that comment was made because this is a CAA thread and I am playing to the crowd but I really believe ACC expansion hurt the league because none of the new guys are getting in on that, or anyone else not named Duke / UNC. We could also talk about the football ramifications of ACC expansion but that's another thread.

Just so I am clear, you are saying that after UNC and Duke the CAA teams finishing at the same spot in their conference would beat the ACC teams head to head?

I am confused, you said "I've said this a thousand times. It's not the place to be anymore." but now you are saying it was an offhanded onetime comment?

Just so I am clear, you are saying that after UNC and Duke the CAA teams finishing at the same spot in their conference would beat the ACC teams head to head?

I am confused, you said "I've said this a thousand times. It's not the place to be anymore." but now you are saying it was an offhanded onetime comment?

Alright.

I'd love that but if Coach L is leaving because of a dispute with the AD then I have to think Caputo is on the way out too.

That sounds huge, could be total cleaning in-house

Not good

Unless you're Duke or UNC...

---------- Post added April-22nd-2011 at 12:06 PM ----------

“Jim called me this morning to say that he’s accepting the job at Miami,” O’Connor said. “We’ve had good conversations in the last month. I respect Jim as a coach and a person. He’s done great things for the university and the basketball program. If this is something he wanted then it’s great for Jim. We know have to move on.”
:cry:

Archived