Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoffs? We can't even win a game(10 is in, 9 to think about getting in)

TheSteve

Maybe we played them without Vick but the way I saw that game was they were not beating us even when Vick was in the game, which was almost one half

Umm, I might be mistaken, but wasn't it still 1st qtr when Vick went down? And he injured on a play in which he scrambled for 30+ yards and was inches away from a touchdown. I thought he came out looking pretty sharp until he went down.

Either way, Philly has built up a lot of momentum after last night's win over Indy. Vick looks sharp, did you see how pumped he was? They are definitely a re-energized team. Desean Jackson will be 100% again as well. I'm just glad that were coming off a bye, so we'll have lots of time to prepare. and were at home. But I definitely feel that if we don't win Monday night against Philly, our playoff hopes are all but over.

1. NY Giants 6 2

2. Atlanta 6 2

3. New Orleans 6 3

4. Green Bay 6 3 0

5. Philadelphia 5 3

6. Tampa Bay 5 3

7. Chicago 5 3

8. St. Louis 4 4

9.Washington 4 4

10. Seattle 4 4

11. Minnesota 3 5

12. Arizona 3 5

There is just one flaw to this. Division winners automatically get spots 1-4. If the playoffs were to start now, STL would jump from 8 to 4, and TB would be out. Based off how playoff teams are determined (without having to go into tie-breakers just yet) the standings are actually this: (and no it has no effect on our standings but would have an effect on our tiebreaker situations)

1. NYG 6-2

2. ATL 6-2

3. GB 6-3

4. STL 4-4

5. NO 6-3

6. PHI 5-3

7. TB 5-3

8.CHI 5-3

9. WAS 4-4

10. SEA 4-4

11. MIN 3-5

12. ARI 3-5

That is the downside to having 4 divisions. Division winners are automatically in the playoffs and seeds 1-4. So to continue with what I was saying, if playoffs started now, STL would host NO in the wildcard game even though they have a lower record. Unfair in someways, but it is how it works.

As to why I say it helps us in the tiebreaker. We already beat CHI, that could move us up to 8th, TB has a tougher reaming schedule, and even if we happen to loose to them, I see us finishing 1 or 2 games better (moves us to 7th) and we already beat philly once and we will again so we would hold tiebreaker and be 6th seed.

I think GB will finish 2nd and ATL 3rd, leaving us to have to play them in the Wildcard game. Not sure if I like that possibility or not

You all need to start thinking realistically towards this season. First improvements, and then we start talking about the play-offs in upcoming seasons when this team is more built to Shanahan's image.

I can see us making it TO the playoffs, but the only chance I see us winning a playoff game is if we wind up playing STL in the first round. They are going to win their division and go into playoffs either 3rd or 4th seed. if they can catch the 3rd seed, and we make it in (I don't see us doing better then 6th seed) we would play them again, otherwise it would probably be either GB or ATL (we won't get GB twice in one year sorry)

I'm not at all pessimistic about the the future of the Redskins but I just don't think we have the personnel or the continuity to get into the post season in 2010. I've been calling 7-9 all season and see no reason to back away from that. It's a good improvement over last season.

Agreed. I said 8-8 at the beginning and getting a few big wins against the Pack and Eagles sure made it look better than it was. I think there are too many other teams in the NFC that are playing alot better than we are. No way 2 WC teams come from the NFC East. I think the South gets one and the East/North will split the other.

No. :doh: I have them as a #2 seed they obviously get the 2nd bye after the Giants.

Would be great if they vaporized. Then there would be an extra wildcard!

I must be missing something then. You have the Falcons, Saints, Eagles, and Skins all making the playoffs? That's not possible. Either Atlanta or New Orleans wins the division. Then there are two wildcard spots available. Who are you suggesting gets the two wild card spots?

I must be missing something then. You have the Falcons, Saints, Eagles, and Skins all making the playoffs? That's not possible. Either Atlanta or New Orleans wins the division. Then there are two wildcard spots available. Who are you suggesting gets the two wild card spots?

This is correct. Looks like Either Seattle or the Rams will win their division and they would make the playoffs. That means in order to be a wild card in the NFC you'd have to be in the top 5 record wise.

The playoff teams are probably St. Louis, Green Bay, Atlanta, New York , New Orleans or Tampa Bay, Philadelphia. I don't see the Redskins being anywhere near a playoff spot as we still have 3-5 more losses possible which would have us finish anywhere between 9-7 and 7-9 and that isn't getting us a playoff birth.

If you noticed, in my earlier post I ammended that I forgot about the Rams pretty much winning their divison since they all suck in the NFC West. Leaving us and philly and everyone else in the race for one.

You guys are a pretty miserable bunch. Yeah this team isnt that strong but outside of Atlanta, New York, New Orleans and Green Bay who exactly in the NFC has looked good? that 1 spot is up for grabs so stop being negative nancy. Until we lose to Philly I will be optimistic.

The playoff teams are probably St. Louis, Green Bay, Atlanta, New York , New Orleans or Tampa Bay, Philadelphia. I don't see the Redskins being anywhere near a playoff spot as we still have 3-5 more losses possible which would have us finish anywhere between 9-7 and 7-9 and that isn't getting us a playoff birth.

Pretty much every team except St. Louis has 3-5 more losses probable. Philly will lose atleast 2 not including our game. No wildcards have a walk in the park the rest of the way. Chicago has a rediculously tough schedule. Minnesota is hoping for miracles to win out, etc. Philly is our main competition unless the loser of the NFC South race in Atlanta or New Orleans we expect to drop to 6 losses and have a tie breaker.

6th spot is ours for the taking we just have to beat Philly and split with New York.

If you noticed, in my earlier post I ammended that I forgot about the Rams pretty much winning their divison since they all suck in the NFC West. Leaving us and philly and everyone else in the race for one.

You guys are a pretty miserable bunch. Yeah this team isnt that strong but outside of Atlanta, New York, New Orleans and Green Bay who exactly in the NFC has looked good? that 1 spot is up for grabs so stop being negative nancy. Until we lose to Philly I will be optimistic.

It has nothing to do with being miserable or a negative nancy. I actually think we have a better shot to make the playoffs than a lot of people do. But you had Atlanta, New Orleans, Philly and the Skins all making the playoffs, and I'm just saying that's not possible, because there are only two wildcard spots, and Atlanta and New Orleans are in the same division.

Alerting you to the fact that there are only two wild card spots available is not being a negative nancy.

Playing NY twice in the second half of the season decimates our playoff chances.

It's funny, people were rooting for the Giants to beat Dallas a couple weeks back, saying, "hey, we still play the Giants twice--we'll take them out then!" As if we're going to sweep them. If we split with the Giants I'll be pleased. Although it's possible the Giants will be resting starters for the final game of the season against us. So if we can miraculously steal the game from them at the Meadowlands, it's conceivable we could sweep them thanks to their resting starters. But it's possible I could win the lottery tomorrow too.

If we beat philly and our Oline decides to show up for the rest of the season (or most of the games) I think the Skins have a real shot at making it to the playoffs, or at least scraping it in.

This Monday game will be huge.

I'm just happy that this team has improved from last year. We're about where I thought we'd be (though figured we'd lose/win a couple different games). Don't really wanna get my hopes up too high with this team, the Oline still terrifies me and if they continue to look so shoddy, we're gonna be fighting an uphill battle the rest of the season.

It's funny, people were rooting for the Giants to beat Dallas a couple weeks back, saying, "hey, we still play the Giants twice--we'll take them out then!" As if we're going to sweep them. If we split with the Giants I'll be pleased. Although it's possible the Giants will be resting starters for the final game of the season against us. So if we can miraculously steal the game from them at the Meadowlands, it's conceivable we could sweep them thanks to their resting starters. But it's possible I could win the lottery tomorrow too.
We're 2-8 vs the Giants in the last 5 years.

The last time we've beaten them was in 2007. :(

Archived