Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoffs? We can't even win a game(10 is in, 9 to think about getting in)

TheSteve

Chachie, kind of disagree. We are 4-4 right now. Even if 7-9 marks an overall improvement record-wise over 2009, I don't think you're going to find many folks on here happy with a 3-5 finish to the season.

Good call, because quite honestly, exactly what you just posted is the biggest problem with the majority of redskins fan base. It's NEVER good enough...

10 wins or we don't go. Can we get it? Absolutely. Will I be pissed if we don't? Absoluetly not...

I see the eagles as the team we have to pass, and possibly tampa bay. The bears could be close if they figure out how to not suck on offense, but between their o line and their interception machine and the fact that we have the tiebreaker, im not worried about them.

If we are going to be in playoff contention i think its quite possible that the game against TB could be the 2nd biggest game left on the schedule. It wouldnt shock me if TB falls off and only wins 8 games, but they look pretty good, so I think that will be a critical game for us.

The biggest game of the year is next monday. Of course, if we are able to close the gap on NY Giants, those games would be bigger and possibly for the division title, but given how they are playing compared to how we are playing, I'm not even going to entertain that idea. But the Eagles are going to be the biggest problem, because its probably a safe bet that between new orleans and atlanta, one will win that division and the other will get the first wildcard.

If I had to rank the teams fighting for the 2nd wildcard spot, its the eagles by a lot, followed by tampa bay, then us. I have little faith in minnesota but there is always the favre factor, so dont rule them out. But they are another team we get to face.

In short, all the teams who are a serious threat to us are coming up on our schedule. This is a blessing in that the games we have lost so far have been comparatively less meaningful, and our wins over philly and chicago are big. In my opinion if we beat minn, philly, tb, and two other games (hopefully one of the giants games) we will be in.

Playoffs? Us?? teeheehe.. I guess it's something to discuss and think about, but realistically, we dont have a snowballs chance at making the playoffs.. At this point, Im not sure we have much of a chance at getting the 5th win of the season.. I'll be happy if we just dont embarrass ourself on MNF..

The Eagles game is critical for many reasons. One is how they recover from the McNabb benching fiasco. They need to set a tone with their style of play next Monday night. They need to show that they're past that BS with how the offense plays especially. Every offensive play is going to be magnified because all the crap that went down. They need to get in rhythm and be in rhythm early. The Eagles are really going to flying high after getting by the Colts. The game is also important because of the playoff implications. If they beat the Eagles and they have the automatic tie-breaker against them. It's a division and conference game. They need to teams like the Eagles, Vikings, and the Bucs to gain as many advantages as they can get, otherwise the road gets much tougher because of the losses to the Rams and Lions. The MNF game is a must win on so many levels and they need it in the worst way.

Archived