Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New trailer for a brand new FPS game called Homefront (pretty good video imo)

kiingspadee

LOL. I kinda liked Battlefield, but the snipers were just too much. In the Call of Duty games and in Homefront, there is plenty of cover to hide behind.

But with Battlefield's large and wide open maps, the camping snipers were just too much for me. having to run 45 seconds to run back to the action when spawning, only to get picked off by a camper hiding in a tree with a 12X scope sniper rifle...i couldn't deal with it LOL.

I played through the story mode and the only complaint I really had was that it was short... only six chapters? I hope they DLC some mor echapters, or ranother story. it was very engulfing, and gritty, and I liked it.

I played all weekend with no server issues.

I like this game. The game modes and perk variations are pretty cool. Running around with that wolverine drone with the perks for it is pretty cool. I also like how vehicles are easy to destroy and not just rolling fortresses.

Battlefield is a good game, no complaints with that, there just arent as many players as there used to be, especially after Black Ops and now Homefront came out. Homefront is a good game though. very solid.

Yeah, I really got into the story mode. It's such a breath of fresh air to be playing an FPS on American Soil. Seems like we're always in the middle east or Eastern Europe LOL. Certain parts of the game really had me angry at the KPA :ols:

My wife made it to level 44 last night, she unlocked the cluster bomb. MY GOD . she got a 5-kill her first time using it. :excited:

one of the things i love most about the game...the maps are so big. especially on ground control when you can fall back two different ways.

I just hope KAOS gets the servers fixed so they don't lose a lot of their fans. The game sold A LOT better than they expected it to, so the servers are just swamped, which is a good thing. Don't end up blowing it and not getting the problems fixed in a timely manner to where they might lose some folks.

Okay, I'm seriously lacking an understanding of some of the basic concepts of this game. First of all, if you leave a drone, does it ever do anything at all again or does it just sit there even if someone is shooting it from five feet away?

Second, when calling in an airstrike, is there supposed to be a way to recognize who's who? Unless you've got the layouts of the maps memorized - which I don't - when the black and white targeting screen comes up, I can't tell who I'm aiming at.

Third, how do you get points to improve your infantry skills? I'm up to something like Level 15 and still haven't been able to change anything.

And fourth, is getting a bunch of kills just something that comes with a good understanding of the maps and absurdly quick trigger finger? I can often win HALO deathmatches, but in HF, 10 kills in a single round is a very good round for me, while the leader usually has around 30. I've tried camping, I've tried sniping, I've tried just sprinting into a fight over and over again, but nothing seems to work.

one of the things i love most about the game...the maps are so big. especially on ground control when you can fall back two different ways.

I just hope KAOS gets the servers fixed so they don't lose a lot of their fans. The game sold A LOT better than they expected it to, so the servers are just swamped, which is a good thing. Don't end up blowing it and not getting the problems fixed in a timely manner to where they might lose some folks.

Oh they've definitely lost a bunch of people already. Heck the game has already been discounted and is going for $40 brand new some places. Not a good sign. The reviews continue to go downhill too. http://www.amazon.com/Homefront-Xbox-360/dp/B003Q53VZC

Oh they've definitely lost a bunch of people already. Heck the game has already been discounted and is going for $40 brand new some places. Not a good sign. The reviews continue to go downhill too. http://www.amazon.com/Homefront-Xbox-360/dp/B003Q53VZC

On some of the reviews people said they don't play multiplayer and don't care for the experience. How in the modern age of video games do you not play online? It brings a whole new experience to games that wasn't there before.

On some of the reviews people said they don't play multiplayer and don't care for the experience. How in the modern age of video games do you not play online? It brings a whole new experience to games that wasn't there before.

Yeah it's surprising. Personally I could care less about the single player modes on most of these shooters. The same old formula these games use is tired and played out.

Okay, I'm seriously lacking an understanding of some of the basic concepts of this game. First of all, if you leave a drone, does it ever do anything at all again or does it just sit there even if someone is shooting it from five feet away?

Second, when calling in an airstrike, is there supposed to be a way to recognize who's who? Unless you've got the layouts of the maps memorized - which I don't - when the black and white targeting screen comes up, I can't tell who I'm aiming at.

Third, how do you get points to improve your infantry skills? I'm up to something like Level 15 and still haven't been able to change anything.

And fourth, is getting a bunch of kills just something that comes with a good understanding of the maps and absurdly quick trigger finger? I can often win HALO deathmatches, but in HF, 10 kills in a single round is a very good round for me, while the leader usually has around 30. I've tried camping, I've tried sniping, I've tried just sprinting into a fight over and over again, but nothing seems to work.

I'll try to tackle this one.

1) Drones. you control them. you can leave a drone early (before it's battery life runs out), and it will sit idle in the air or on the ground. If it isn't destroyed while idle, you CAN get back to it and continue to use it. (not sure if i answered your question)

2) Airstrikes. There are red boxes around enemy players when using airstrikes, much like when using a chopper gunner in Call of Duty. You can also zoom in with airstrikes by using the aim button (just realized that myself this weekend). Sometimes they are hard to see, so try to be patient as you have about 20 seconds to fire the airstrikes before the predator's battery runs out. Now that i've got the hang of it, i've been getting at least a triple kill with phosphorus strikes most of the time.

3) Custom Classes. I believe you have to hit level 10 or so to begin to customize your classes. The very first class then unlocks and allows you to select a weapon and "infantry abilitiy" (aka "perks"). Once you get a certain amount of kills with a weapon, it unlocks different attachments. red dots, grenade launchers, holo sights, acog sights, silencer, etc. as you continue to rank up, you'll go down the list of classes until all 5 are unlocked. (again, hope i answered your question)

4) Kills. Kills aren't quite as easy to come by. Usually those players with 80% of their teams kills are the ones who call in the Apache helicopter. Because most people are still low in rank, they haven't unlocked certain weapons that can shoot down aircraft and haven't unlocked the "boomer" perk (danger close equivalent) which does more explosive damage to vehicles. Once the community ranks up a lot more, Apaches won't mean easy kills because they'll easily be shot down. I consider myself a "good" player, and I average a k/d of around 1.5, usually 15-5, or something like that. I'm aggressive and I go for objectives, but i also play cautiously and move from cover to cover as I move around the map. Also, a quick tip. the personal UAV is BY FAR the best killstreak in the game. :)

---------- Post added March-22nd-2011 at 10:00 AM ----------

It's too bad, too. From the friends that i've talked to and random people i chat with in games, most people seem to LOVE this game, when it works. Such a great change of pace from Call of Duty. I thought Battlefield was okay, but I absolutely love this game. if you visit the Homefront forums on the game's main website, most folks tend to agree. Everybody LOVES this game, when it works. LOL. Devs say they are working on getting a patch out by Friday. We'll see what happens.

Honestly I wish I knew what I was missing. I thought the multi-player was crap.

I have been waiting between this and Crysis 2, which came out today. After reading reviews on Crysis 2 I think I am headed in that direction.

82, awesome, very helpful. A couple follow-ups:

1) Do enemies show up in red boxes for a Hellfire strike? That's all I have right now, and I haven't seen the boxes. (And speaking of that, when the hell do better airstrikes become available? Like I said, I'm Level 15.)

2) Are you supposed to be able to use the perks on guns you pick up? I've picked up guns with, say, grenade launcher attachments, and so far haven't been able to launch grenades.

I think i may try renting this to see for myself. The story line seems interesting if you don't think about it to much. Like most games though, I only use playing through the story as training for the online mode.

I don't understand all the hate for Black Ops. Now I am someone who gets a game and sticks with it for a while. i think the last game I played for an extended period is was a Rainbow Six game. But I bought Black Ops and am addicted. Just ask my wife. So why all the hate? And what makes these other games so much better? And remember, no one really cares about story line because we all know its all about the online mode.

Renting this game may cause some problems if the game does not include the code you need to register before you can play. Anyone else have issues with it after they entered the code and it never seem to accept it?

So did White Castle, Hooters, etc pay to get screen time in this game, or did they get paid??

i was wondering this myself.

Also, to those who have played the game. BESIDES the obvious server problems, do you like the game itself? When you have been able to get online and into a match, did you enjoy the gameplay? I absolutely LOVE this game, and there are thousands on the various homefront forums who love the game as well. Many of the die hard fans are furious that Homefront got such average reviews.

Again, just FYI, the Homefront developers expect to have a "fix all" patch released either Friday or Saturday...

---------- Post added March-23rd-2011 at 09:03 AM ----------

Finally hope is on the horizon:

- Xbox 360: The Homefront team is finishing up our first Critical Title Update that will address the Profile Corruption issue (also known as the ‘Freeze’ bug), as this is our highest priority. We are also including a fix for multiplayer connectivity and ping time issues, where players are being sent to distant server locations at the expense of performance. We expect this update to be submitted to Microsoft and Sony really soon and we will be working with them very closely to get this approved and deployed as quickly as possible.

Homefront Update Plans

1. Update 1: Xbox 360 Critical Title Update

- Scheduled for Microsoft Submission in the next day or two

- Fixing the Xbox Live Profile Corruption ‘Freeze’ Issue

- Fix for players being matched in distant server locations

2. Update 2: Additional Game Issues Fixes

- Playstation 3 Update will release as soon as fixes are ready.

- Xbox 360 will submit as soon as Update 1 is released live.

- Fixes include:

o Multiplayer Freezing (affecting X360 & PS3)

o Experience and Statistics Resets (affecting X360 & PS3)

o Improving Party Matchmaking & Joining with Friends (affecting X360 & PS3)

o Fixing the Beacon Error (affecting X360 only)

o Correcting inconsistent Leaderboards data (affecting X360 & PS3)

Archived