Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New trailer for a brand new FPS game called Homefront (pretty good video imo)

kiingspadee

The only thing we can do is pray that Infinity Ward never has the opportunity to make a COD game ever again. They managed to ruin COD 4 with equiping people with 3 grenades that leveled anyone around them within 50ft. And MW2....hahah. Biggest piece of junk company to ever make COD. Your in the minority for black ops here, cause the game is perfect. This homefront game looks pretty good I'll probably try it out.

i rather play 4 than blacks ops or world at war those games sucked and a complete waste of money. 4 at least was the start of great modern warfare games. mod 2 was weaker cuz i was hyping it up so much.

i rather play 4 than blacks ops or world at war those games sucked and a complete waste of money. 4 at least was the start of great modern warfare games. mod 2 was weaker cuz i was hyping it up so much.

I don't want to hijack this thread......But MW2 was the biggest fail ever in COD and you won't find to many people who would disagree. I just hope games like these start taking over for the COD series. If Infinity Ward makes the next COD I will move on to something else rather than wasting money on an incompetent company who doesn't know how to produce games. Hopefully this homefront game is going to be as good as the trailers/gameplay is looking.

I'm going to rent this game first. I've been burned one too many times now on FPS. First Medal of Honor (my god what a piece of **** game that was), followed by Black Ops and then most recently Killzone 3. Homefront kind of looks like MAG and I actually enjoyed that game even if the graphics were subpar.

SOCOM was a lot of fun, it had an element of teamwork that's been missing in the COD series.

Apparently that's what Homefront is supposed to be. A lot more team-oriented than COD. Working together and communication.

i'll try to find the review i found where someone was talking about it in his Homefront beta review.

---------- Post added March-14th-2011 at 10:06 AM ----------

also big fan of medal of honor the new one was rediculous.

yeah, i fell into that trap with the new MOH too...lol.

Well, it's out and reviews look pretty good. From the gameplay I've seen it looks great, I'll probably be picking it up within the week.

Really? I thought the reviews made it sound pretty mediocre. One line I read: "feels like a budgeted playstation 2 game."

Well, it's out and reviews look pretty good. From the gameplay I've seen it looks great, I'll probably be picking it up within the week.

awesome. I knew it was good, and I have it pre-ordered (you get two separate DLC's for pre-ordering) but i don't get out of work until 20:00, home by 22:00 so I wont be playing it until about eleven tonight. Now all i need is the Gears of War 3 beta to come out, and between homefront, GOW3 beta, and NBA2K11, im good until Skyrim comes out.

---------- Post added March-15th-2011 at 05:01 PM ----------

Really? I thought the reviews made it sound pretty mediocre. One line I read: "feels like a budgeted playstation 2 game."

I have read that the graphics are about equal to Halo type graphics, but that's because the environments are huge, and the levels expand. Im ok with compromising grpahics for game play. Whats the use of playing a really pretty game if it plays like crap?

Graphics are definitely sub par. The servers were getting hammered last night with so many people it was almost impossible to get on to play. I played for a while earlier in the day and so far I'm not all that impressed.

Seems like there's always too much going on. Drones on the ground, in the air, choppers, vehicles, airstrikes, etc. Hopping in a vehicle seems pointless too, I've never lasted longer than 20 seconds or so before somebody takes me out. And despite the bigger maps someone always seems to be behind you or sniping you from across the map.

I'm going to keep giving it a chance, I like the concept, just not sure it's going to be enough to hold my interest for long. It just doesn't play as smoothly as COD either. Seems choppy, kinda hard to explain.

I'm just so sick of FPS games, and online play. But for people who like this genre, whew have they got their hands permanently in your wallets. I mean, you basically HAVE to move on to the next big FPS eventually, because the droves of like-minded gamers move on, eventually making it impossible to play the older games online in the same fashion. Its like a constant revolving door...I'd rather play some games that have longevity, that you can get your money's worth out of. I mean, by the time you can by one of these games used at a good price at a Gamestop, there's no point, because the next big thing is out and everyone's bought it and moved on...and the single player mode has very little re-playability.

I'm just so sick of FPS games, and online play. But for people who like this genre, whew have they got their hands permanently in your wallets. I mean, you basically HAVE to move on to the next big FPS eventually, because the droves of like-minded gamers move on, eventually making it impossible to play the older games online in the same fashion. Its like a constant revolving door...I'd rather play some games that have longevity, that you can get your money's worth out of. I mean, by the time you can by one of these games used at a good price at a Gamestop, there's no point, because the next big thing is out and everyone's bought it and moved on...and the single player mode has very little re-playability.

Not really. There are still tons of people playing COD4 and MW2.

---------- Post added March-16th-2011 at 12:13 PM ----------

Anymore reviews from the ES'ers? Should I go buy this?

Honestly I wouldn't. Rent it first and see if you like it.

I played last night as well. The graphics are average, i dont think they are as bad as some make it out. The draw distance is huge though. There is a lot going on, but because it is team oriented, some of the game modes are dependent on communication and teamwork. Id get mopped up sometimes, but in the rooms that there wasa aconstant communication (about the game) going on, it was much more fun. There are a couple of different/ unique games modes as well. The FPS controls and gameplay seem a tiny bit slow, almost clunky at times, but i think its because im not used to the flow of the game yet. The storyline is great though, and playing through the story mode the first chapter gets your heart pumping as you see the progressive destruction of the US going on. It has a lot of potential, especially with dedicated servers. I think the game has loads of potential and will keep playing for a while.

I like this game so far. yes, the graphics aren't great, but as others have already mentioned, i think it's because the maps are so big and expand as the battle goes on.

this game is absolutely NOTHING like COD, so it's definitely a nice change of pace. It'll hold me over until Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3 come out in the fall/winter. Black Ops and Killzone will still be in rotation, but this game will get a lot of play from me as well.

if anybody from the Playstation crew has it, add me. "Matt-chew82" about 5 people on my crew have this game, and partying up/communicating definitely helps in this game. Much more so than call of duty.

Im still playing the single player story. Pretty good, and now that I have the hang of the controls it doesn't feel nearly as slow or clunky. Pretty good game in my opinion. Playing later at night during the week, I didn't have as many server problems. When Black Ops first came out, there was so much lag in all the rooms it was ridiculous, and I was hard wired into the modem, no router. Its problematic of most good FPS when they come out, but these things get worked out.

yeah, i've been on the single player a lot lately too. That damn Goliath. OMG.

LOVE this game online. LOVE IT! In my opinion, this is what Battlefield 2 SHOULD have been. I know opinions may differ, but yeah. Amazing online game. The White Phosphorus airstrike gives me goosebumps everytime I unleash it.

There have been some problems with the servers being swamped because KAOS admitted they didn't know the game would do so well. I've been trolling the forums and apparently they will have more servers up and running by the end of this week.

Archived