Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Travel & Leisure: Bay Bridge 9th Scariest Bridge in the World

MattFancy

http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/worlds-scariest-bridges/1

Drivers are notoriously afraid of this bridge, as it’s subjected to frequent—and often violent—storms. And when the bad weather hits, forget about visibility: get to the middle of this five-mile-long bridge and you can barely see land.

I don't agree with that. I don't think its even the worst bridge in MD. I know some of the SoMDers on here would agree that the Thomas Johnson bridge is way worse.

I've driven over it 100 times. Still not the most comfortable feeling in the world. The worst aspect is that you know there are nervous drivers going over at the same time, and at any point they can cross paths with the agressive drivers. My father is law is a retired cop and won't drive over that bridge.

I think the Nice Bridge(Thats the name. Its not nice) that connects VA and MD is freaking bad. If theres a crash you other get hit head on or end up flying off into the river. Not great options

I'm with you on that one. The only bridge I've ever driven on in a storm was the Nice Bridge, and it was at night too, I couldn't see a thing. If it wasn't for this huge bus that was in front of me, I probably wouldn't be alive right now.

You don't think so? I hate driving across the Solomons Bridge. Have you ever been underneath the bridge on a boat? You should see all the cracks lol

My grandparents live right by the river. From their back yard patio you can see the entire bridge and cars going over it. Me and my family have been under the bridge tons of times when we're out on boats or waverunners. Yeah the bridge has a lot of cracks.

Archived