Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Run the ball, Kyle.

MonkFan8

Seriously, the way he's calling this game you'd think we were down 4 TDs. We pick up a first on the ground, and he goes back to the air for 3 consecutive plays. It's plainly obvious we cannot pass protect today, so why are we even trying when Torain appears to be our best offensive player thus far?

I'm starting to think Kyle is in over his head every bit as much as Zorn was.

It's not the run pass distribution, I'd argue our Run-run (for few yards) HAVE to pass strategy is a big disaster.

Maybe we don't run because most of our runs end up for ____? Not that our passes are doing much better. Also, their ILB and S are out, that SHOULD play into our hands.

It's not the run pass distribution, I'd argue our Run-run (for few yards) HAVE to pass strategy is a big disaster.

Maybe we don't run because most of our runs end up for ____? Not that our passes are doing much better. Also, their ILB and S are out, that SHOULD play into our hands.

I'd agree the distribution isn't the problem. The order in which the plays are being called really confuses me much of the time. A PA fake on first down is only going to work so many times.

And the red zone play calling still leaves a lot to be desired. Granted we have literally no receivers that are capable of making our QB look good, but still. Just don't see much to get excited about with Kyle as our playcaller.

Not trying to be negative but lets face it folks....you can have the best offensive system in the universe but you have to have players to execute it. We have no one on this team at WR that would be a number 1 reciver on anyother NFL team. Our running game has been in steady decline for years and gets worse the longer Prtis holds on....Torrain might be the answer but we will never find out because we are not a threat in the passing game so they can key the run. Look at the runs he had earlier he had to fight tooth and nail for every inch.

Add to that we are playing thr Packers....hey lets face it they are good and are a favorite to go deep in the playoffs possibly win the Superbowl. Lets call it what it is folks.....this is a 6 win team who might squeek out an 8-8. We are moving in the right direction but have alot of work to do....we still need O-line help, reciver help, RB help, D line help, and yes QB help even if we resign Mcnabb he cant play forever and is very prone to injury. We have to build for the 2013 season not 2011.

All that being said I am still hoping we can get something going in the second half and beat the Packers....what can I say I love this team and root for them no matter what the odds!

You guys claiming that the play calling sucks and that KS is overwhelmed are completely clueless. our oline can't block period. Doesn't matter what plays you run or who calls them. If you can't block you're done.

You guys claiming that the play calling sucks and that KS is overwhelmed are completely clueless. our oline can't block period. Doesn't matter what plays you run or who calls them. If you can't block you're done.
So call some plays that take pressure off the O-line? Or should he keep trying the exact same things and hoping they somehow magically work?

And don't act like McNabb isn't culpable for a lot of those sacks. He is playing terribly, and doesn't seem willing to step up.

So call some plays that take pressure off the O-line? Or should he keep trying the exact same things and hoping they somehow magically work?

And don't act like McNabb isn't culpable for a lot of those sacks. He is playing terribly, and doesn't seem willing to step up.

Don't be rediculous. Half the pass plays he's called have rolled him out of the pocket. Even HOF QBs start to suck when they're getting pressured every play.

This is the same Kyle S that called plays for the #1 offense last season btw. Do you think he came to the Skins and forgot how to call plays?

This is the same Kyle S that called plays for the #1 offense last season btw. Do you think he came to the Skins and forgot how to call plays?
Considering they're right up there again and Kubiak definitely called plays some last year, I don't attribute it to Kyle.

If you can't see that his his play calling left a lot to be desired today, then I don't know what to tell you.

I wouldn't call run plays either the way Raji was manhandling the entire Oline. I just wish Kyle had more than 2 weapons for McNabb to work with. Thank god Armstrong contributing a bit. Still, this is a team that starts Joey Galloway and who's starting RB is a 5th round pick that nobody had ever heard of until 2 weeks ago.

My only criticism is that I feel like there are times when the D is teeing off on the run but we run anyway. Or They are in a nickel package and we line up with no back in the backfield. At least put the thought in the back of their mind it might not be what they expect. Idk everything looks bad when your O-line is MIA.

uh, I'll take the ball in McNabb's hands over Torrain's. Thanks Kyle. The running game wasn't working.
FWIW, I made this thread after the first half when the passing game wasn't working either.

While the running game was ineffective in the second half, I was less than pleased with much of the play calling. I think we got away from the running game a bit too much, but we won, so I can't complain.

Archived