Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm never wearing my McNabb Jersey again!....(at least not untill the off-season)

Chase M

It all started when I was a young chap when I first started to go to the local bars to watch the Skins when they wern't on TV. I would be so proud to rock my Skins Jersey. As I got older I started noticeing something....something unusual. About 95% of the time I rocked my Skins Jersey, the Skins would lose! And not just lose, but lose the Heart Breakers.

This season

Week 1- I didn't have a McNabb Jersey(We won and missed the Heart Breaker)

Week 2-Bought my Mcnabb Jersey and LOSE in a Heart Breaker

Week 3-Rock my Jersey and LOSE to the Rams!?!?

Week 4- Sat at home in just a White-T and.......Avoided the Heart Breaker!

Call me superstitious but I'm not going to be rocking any Redskins gear untill our Season is over!

Do you guys have any Superstitions?

Week 1 wore ST throw back (W) - tailgating i wore my Gold Jesus Hates The Cowboys Shirt

Week 2 wore ST throw back (L)

Week 3 wore LL burgundy (L)

Week 4 wore Burgundy Jesus Hates The Eagles (ghetto version with Eagles written on paper and taped to the shirt)...

needless to say next week its Gold Jesus Hates The Packers shirt :D

HTTR!!!

I pulled one of my skins jersey's out of my closet, not knowing which one it was until I got it out. It was Terry Allen. lol I think I'll wait until we play our next division game to pull it out again. i don't want to waste it on a non-division game.

So far I'm 0-2 with my moss jersey, but he had good games in the losses.

1-0 in Terry Allen

1-0 in skins/dallas rivalry t-shirt.

Think I'll try cooley or portis next week.

September 19th, 2005.

Watching a painful game at home with a bunch of friends. Redskins look horrible. Awful. Need a spark.

I walk into my room, unlock my drawer, and pull out my autographed Darrell Green jersey. I swore I'd never wear it, but this night we needed something, anything, to get us going. I don the jersey and come back out for the 2nd half. This is the one and only time I'll wear this jersey until it is permanently encased.

Skins go on to pull out one of the greatest comebacks in Redskins history.

Skins: 14

Pukes:13

It works both ways ;)

Call me superstitious but I'm not going to be rocking any Redskins gear untill our Season is over!

Do you guys have any Superstitions?

Funny to read this because we always lose when I wear Skins gear. Never fails. I quit buying or wearing Redskin shirts/hats/etc a couple seasons ago.

I wear my "Horny for Zorny" tshirt during the week as pennance for being such an absolute homer that I actually supported the guy for longer than I should have. ('Fess up, many of us did)

On gameday, I don't call anyone to discuss the game. I don't even log onto Extremeskins or NFL.com to look at stats. I just watch the game. I wait until the very end of the game before calling anyone or logging onto any websites for game discussion. I learned this after the Houston game when at the half, I called my buddy to brag about the game, thus jinxing us....

I used to sing "Hail to the Redskins" at the top of my lungs after every score, but I ceased that practice after the Houston game. I still get excited and announce score updates to my wife, though. She typically watches TV upstairs while football is on. (she's not really a football fan, but she genuinely appreciates the rivalry of Redskins vs. the rest of the NFC East, especially the Cowboys)

Now that you mention this, I had on a plain black T on in the beginning of the game because I was eating and didn't want to mess up my Cooley jersey. Didn't put it back on until we were up 14-0, after Cooley scored the TD. We only kicked one FG after I put it back on. Um just saying.

So,...what about all the fans that rocked their gear the entire game? Um just saying.

It's totally irrational, kind of self-centered,....almost egotistical on some level, to think that either wearing or not wearing Skins gear (or whatever team you like) would have a positive or negative out come on the game. Just wear your gear, be proud and root for the team.

Me and my friend thought it would be funny if we got Dexter Manley and Dave Butz jerseys. We would wear them to the games and sit together hoping girls would notice our "Manley Butz" . We wore them together a few times, got a few laughs but never won. I don't think we have done that in 4 or 5 years though. I think we lost most of those games because the opposing team scored more points than we did. It had nothing to do with the jersey that I wore to the game.

Ok so we are 2-0 if I go to this chicks house and watch the games..0-2 if I stay at home. She's a Texans fans so I didn't go the 2nd week..dammit I should have gone, maybe we would have won LOL.

Ok so this week, I'm gonna be in NYC but the week after that she hates the Colts so I'll be at her house again.

Archived