Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeSeanA Jackson...

SonnyJ

Wow, you usually go around hanging your hat on one game? What about the Original Post here and that DeSean is now knocked out from a hard hit? Seems like the real point proven is the OP's not yours.

One game? Of course not. Jackson has been the better of the two since Jackson entered the league. That's the point I was arguing. A few in here actually would take Moss over Jackson if given the choice. Today just reaffirmed how dumb that opinion is. And I never denied he wasn't tough. If you had read the thread you would see where I was defending the guy for NOT wanting to go over the middle, or take big shots. And that's because of his small stature. Today also reaffirmed my point that he 'shouldn't' be going over the middle. So actually all points I made in defense of Jackson came to light today.

Just another ignorant comment from a know nothing, or otherwise bitter fan from the opposition.

What do you expect from one of the smallest players in the league? He's absolutely electric as well as the fastest in the NFL. He fits within the Eagles pacakage quite well. He's offset by the larger receivers on the team

So again, why this thread? ABSOLUTE KNOW NOTHING HATERS!!!! I'm appauled by the ignorance within this thread. And for you Johnny come latelys, check my join date not the post count for I read daily and do understand this is a Skins site. There's a reason I dont post here often....It's called respect. We'll, certain posters on this topic don't deserve an ounce of it. Go crawl under that gigantic rock of ignorance that you consider to be knowledge of the game.

Get over the hate.

Not all of us are unknowledgeable. I'm a Redskins fan. But an unbiased one.

Doesn't everybody love it when a "Redskin fan" gloats about an Eagle making some plays? I'll bet he would actually be sulking if Moss had a big game. He was probably sad all last week after Moss got over 100 yards against the Packers and Jackson was non-existent against the 49ers.

And wasn't that TD pass that Jackson caught going straight down the field uncovered just completely amazing? Moss couldn't make that play in a million years. :rolleyes:

I love it when people show their true colors. I see you brought some of your fellow Eagle-Lovers with you to the board. Too bad your mancrush won't be able to play again for a few weeks.

Dude, you say some of the most ridiculous things. Yeah, I was unhappy that Moss had a good game last week, and mad that Jackson wasn't a factor. WTF?!?!...Please make some sense.

And he was uncovered, yeah. But how do you think he got to be uncovered, genius? You act like any WR in the NFL could have gotten free. Moss get that open? LOL. Nice one! Stop living in the past, dude. Its 2010. Moss USED TO BE a playmaker.

And btw, pretty ****ed up that you would make light of the guy getting hurt. Opposing player or not, that's messed up. You probably cheered when Irvin took that shot in Philly, too. You aren't right.

And btw, pretty ****ed up that you would make light of the guy getting hurt. Opposing player or not, that's messed up. You probably cheered when Irvin took that shot in Philly, too. You aren't right.

Pretty sensitive about your mancrush, aren't you? Could you indicate where I made light of him getting hurt? All I said was that it was too bad that you would be without your mancrush since he's going to be out for a few weeks. How is that making light of it? It's just the truth.

Am I supposed to be joining you in crying in misery over this development :whoknows:? Sorry, bud, it isn't that big of a deal to me. If I did that over every player that got sidelined, I'd be an emotional wreck.

BTW, good to see that you're establishing good camaraderie with the Philly fans.

Pretty sensitive about your mancrush, aren't you? Could you indicate where I made light of him getting hurt? All I said was that it was too bad that you would be without your mancrush since he's going to be out for a few weeks. How is that making light of it? It's just the truth.

Am I supposed to be joining you in crying in misery over this development :whoknows:? Sorry, bud, it isn't that big of a deal to me. If I did that over every player that got sidelined, I'd be an emotional wreck.

BTW, good to see that you're establishing good camaraderie with the Philly fans.

You made a point on several occasions to bring up his injury. You were almost gloating about it. And its not about developing comraderie (learn to spell dude) with Eagles fans. Being able to detect that an opposing player could be better than your own is simply being unbiased. You should give it a try.

Moss better than Jackson.lol Can't even believe I'm debating this. Absurd.

You made a point on several occasions to bring up his injury. You were almost gloating about it.

Point out, right now, where I have pointed it out on several occasions. And then show how I was gloating about it. Just because you are sensitive about it doesn't make you the arbiter of other's intent. I'm sorry if it isn't that big a deal to me - it's football and people get hurt. Nowhere did I say that this was another instance of him being a *****. I didn't write it explicitly, nor did I imply it.

And its not about developing comraderie (learn to spell dude) with Eagles fans.

It's pretty sad to get on another poster about spelling mistakes. Lord knows I could dissect this post of yours alone for any number of flaws. But you know what is worse? When you do it and you are 100% wrong:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/camaraderie

The link is for your benefit. I didn't need it to know that I was right. Don't bother thanking me.

Being able to detect that an opposing player could be better than your own is simply being unbiased. You should give it a try.

Moss better than Jackson.lol Can't even believe I'm debating this. Absurd.

And you have yet to say anything that would indicate this, other than that Jackson can be dangerous, a point already made in MY OP. You fail miserably in analyzing the complete picture. You are anything but unbiased - you've already indicated that you can't stand Moss, so it's clear that you're bringing bias to the table. A number of posters in this thread have agreed with me - are they all blind homers, too? Why is it impossible for you to see that a receiver doesn't operate in open field in a vacuum, that there are other facets to the game that are just as important?

And you have yet to say anything that would indicate this, other than that Jackson can be dangerous, a point already made in MY OP. You fail miserably in analyzing the complete picture. You are anything but unbiased - you've already indicated that you can't stand Moss, so it's clear that you're bringing bias to the table. A number of posters in this thread have agreed with me - are they all blind homers, too? Why is it impossible for you to see that a receiver doesn't operate in open field in a vacuum, that there are other facets to the game that are just as important?

Compare the two players' stats since Jackson entered the league, dude. Jackson went to the Pro Bowl at TWO positions! He can score from anywhere on the field at any time. Can you honestly say the same thing about Moss? Your only reasoning for taking Moss over Jackson is because he's "tougher". What a BS defense. As if that means a hill of beans in the big scheme of things. And you've argued that Jackson doesn't like to get hit, or that he never goes over the middle. There's a REASON why he doesn't do it, or like to. Today is as great an example as any.

And I love how you keep bringing up that other posters have agreed with you in this thread. Yeah, dude, and they're all Redskins homers just as you are. Its a REDSKINS board. There wouldn't be any bias here in a thread like this...NAAHHH. No way. Seriously, get a clue.

Wow this thread is still ongoing? I had thought it would be dead....with a "we'll-just-have-to-agree-to-disagree" conclusion.

I actually watched all the Skins game tonight (great game!). I saw Moss MULTIPLE times get the ball in the middle and then dive to the ground at the tackler's feet. He's obviously got at least 15# on DJackson and can't get open deep anymore so he HAS to catch balls in the middle.

Regarding DJax's injury, when he wakes up he needs to punch KK in the face for the ridiculous "hospital-pass", as we used to say in rugby.

Compare the two players' stats since Jackson entered the league, dude. Jackson went to the Pro Bowl at TWO positions! He can score from anywhere on the field at any time. Can you honestly say the same thing about Moss? Your only reasoning for taking Moss over Jackson is because he's "tougher". What a BS defense. As if that means a hill of beans in the big scheme of things. And you've argued that Jackson doesn't like to get hit, or that he never goes over the middle. There's a REASON why he doesn't do it, or like to. Today is as great an example as any.

He doesn't like to get hit because he's a *****. Just like I've said.

And I still find it hilarious that you will excuse a Jackson performance for who has been throwing him the ball, but you make no acknowledgement as to who Moss has had throwing the ball to him for YEARS. You don't think that that has had ANY effect on Moss' production?

And I love how you keep bringing up that other posters have agreed with you in this thread. Yeah, dude, and they're all Redskins homers just as you are. Its a REDSKINS board. There wouldn't be any bias here in a thread like this...NAAHHH. No way. Seriously, get a clue.

Memo to ES: if you disagree with Bubble Screen, you obviously lack any objectivity. :rolleyes:

Which Eagle boards are you posting at, fantasy boy? I imagine you have quite a few so you can follow your mancrush.

I saw Moss MULTIPLE times get the ball in the middle and then dive to the ground at the tackler's feet. He's obviously got at least 15# on DJackson and can't get open deep anymore so he HAS to catch balls in the middle.

Perhaps, but did you also notice that he never flinched from actually catching the ball? Also, he's caught multiple deep balls this year, so I'm not sure where you get that he can't get open deep.

He doesn't like to get hit because he's a *****. Just like I've said.

Maybe this is why people have difficulty debating this with you? I think DJ is way better than Moss, but I've refrained from calling Moss names, as I think that points to a lack of subjectivity, but that's just me and I don't mean it to come across self-righteously.

Also, he's caught multiple deep balls this year, so I'm not sure where you get that he can't get open deep.

His ypc reflect otherwise. He's not even in the top 50 in the NFL. I can't remember last time he's caught a bomb and taken it to the house, beside the Dallas game a few years ago.

Maybe this is why people have difficulty debating this with you? I think DJ is way better than Moss, but I've refrained from calling Moss names, as I think that points to a lack of subjectivity, but that's just me and I don't mean it to come across self-righteously.

His ypc reflect otherwise. He's not even in the top 50 in the NFL. I can't remember last time he's caught a bomb and taken it to the house, beside the Dallas game a few years ago.

Yeah, pointy its pretty much pointless to debate with the guy. I mean, Jackson is probably 170 lbs soaking wet, yet this guy thinks he's a ***** for not wanting to get hit by guys that outweigh him by 50 lbs or more.

As for that last point: looks like Sonny got owned on that one. I knew he hadn't really caught many deep balls this year. But didn't want to waste any more time on the guy by looking it up. He's pretty much embarrased himself enough as it is.

Not even in the top 50 lol.

Just to clarify what's being constantly repeated. There isn't one GM who would take Moss over Jackson. Repeat. There isn't one GM who would take Moss over Jackson. One more time, there isn't one GM who would take Moss over Jackson.

Also, you're all a bunch of homers. Again, you're all a bunch of homers. One more time, you're all a bunch of homers.

Thank you.

Absolute crazy talk to think that anyone would want Moss over Jackson.

Maybe if he gets a 3rd concussion, people will be less sold on him, but he's money, and I have no idea why people would think Moss can outperform Jackson.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=0015&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&season=2010&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Moss is ranked no.2 in the NFC

Jackson?? 32nd and is out for next weeks game.

Just to clarify what's being constantly repeated. There isn't one GM who would take Moss over Jackson. Repeat. There isn't one GM who would take Moss over Jackson. One more time, there isn't one GM who would take Moss over Jackson.

Also, you're all a bunch of homers. Again, you're all a bunch of homers. One more time, you're all a bunch of homers.

Thank you.

Homer yes, but i for one can still remember where i parked my car.

I want to preface this by saying I think DeSean Jackson is a great player. And yes, I'd put him above Moss right now. I just don't know why you guys have to talk about Santana Moss like he's garbage, and completely make things up to try to prove your point. So that said...

You have a horrendous memory. Moss has scored deep TDs every year he's been on this team, even with arguably the worst deep ball QB in the NFL for the last 3.5 years. He had two just last year, vs. Detroit and Tampa. And who knows how many times he was overthrown by JC.

In 2008 DeSean Jackson had 0 receiving TDs over 30 yards, and 2 total receptions over 40 yards, playing with one of the best deep ball QBs in the game. That same year Moss had 2 TDs of 50+ yards, playing with the Oakland Raiders' current backup QB.

As far as him not being in the top 50 ypc, there are a dozen or so receivers in that "top 50" who have caught only one or two passes this year. Jim Dray (who??) is currently at #3 in the NFL with 1 catch for 24 yards. Obviously, the number of passes you catch has a huge impact on your average.

Of the recievers with 30 or more catches, Moss is #8, right above those scrubs Roddy White and Brandon Marshall. Moss currently has 37 catches, and the only receiver with 37+ catches and a higher ypc than Moss, is Reggie Wayne, who is averaging .3 ypc higher.

As for that last point: looks like Sonny got owned on that one. I knew he hadn't really caught many deep balls this year. But didn't want to waste any more time on the guy by looking it up. He's pretty much embarrased himself enough as it is.

Not even in the top 50 lol.

Santana is currently 3rd in the NFC for 40+ yard receptions in 2010. As far as the "top 50" garbage, please see above.

I want to preface this by saying I think DeSean Jackson is a great player. And yes, I'd put him above Moss right now. I just don't know why you guys have to talk about Santana Moss like he's garbage, and completely make things up to try to prove your point.

I don't think Santana's garbage. Never said he was. Just that DJackson is better. Actually others were much more derogatory in their description of DJ. Santana, at this stage in his career, would be an excellent slot receiver. Yes, he's caught a lot of balls, but he is not a #1, and maybe not even a #2 anymore. That being said, I don't think DJ is a #1 either - I think Maclin is more so than DJ is.

You have a horrendous memory. Moss has scored deep TDs every year he's been on this team, even with arguably the worst deep ball QB in the NFL for the last 3.5 years. He had two just last year, vs. Detroit and Tampa. And who knows how many times he was overthrown by JC.

In 2008 DeSean Jackson had 0 receiving TDs over 30 yards, and 2 total receptions over 40 yards, playing with one of the best deep ball QBs in the game. That same year Moss had 2 TDs of 50+ yards, playing with the Oakland Raiders' current backup QB.

As far as him not being in the top 50 ypc, there are a dozen or so receivers in that "top 50" who have caught only one or two passes this year. Jim Dray (who??) is currently at #3 in the NFL with 1 catch for 24 yards. Obviously, the number of passes you catch has a huge impact on your average.

Of the recievers with 30 or more catches, Moss is #8, right above those scrubs Roddy White and Brandon Marshall. Moss currently has 37 catches, and the only receiver with 37+ catches and a higher ypc than Moss, is Reggie Wayne, who is averaging .3 ypc higher.

Yes, not in top50 without excluding those with a few catches was probably disingenous. However, I would imagine if you only looked at those with 10+ catches he would probably still not be in the top 30-35.

As to comparing numbers from Jackson's rookie season (2008), I don't think it helps your cause when he had an incredible year, even compared to Santana Moss's year (which is the best he's had in 5 years). Yes DJ played with a QB that could chuck it deep. However, so is SM right now and how many deep TDs does he have through 6 games?

Santana is currently 3rd in the NFC for 40+ yard receptions in 2010. As far as the "top 50" garbage, please see above.

I know, which, combined with his 1 TD makes him a very good possession receiver. I'd love to have him on the Eagles as I think he would do fantastic in the slot. My point from the beginning of this thread is/was to say he's not as good as DJ, that's it.

cheers,

PF

I don't think Santana's garbage. Never said he was. Just that DJackson is better. Actually others were much more derogatory in their description of DJ. Santana, at this stage in his career, would be an excellent slot receiver. Yes, he's caught a lot of balls, but he is not a #1, and maybe not even a #2 anymore. That being said, I don't think DJ is a #1 either - I think Maclin is more so than DJ is.

So, Moss is top 10 in every relevant WR statistic, and he's "maybe not even a #2 anymore?" That is absurd.

Yes, not in top50 without excluding those with a few catches was probably disingenous. However, I would imagine if you only looked at those with 10+ catches he would probably still not be in the top 30-35.

Comparing him to players with only 10 catches would still be disingenuous. I compared him the honest way.

As to comparing numbers from Jackson's rookie season (2008), I don't think it helps your cause when he had an incredible year, even compared to Santana Moss's year (which is the best he's had in 5 years). Yes DJ played with a QB that could chuck it deep. However, so is SM right now and how many deep TDs does he have through 6 games?

Jackson had an excellent rookie season, but Moss' numbers were still better than his "incredible" numbers that year.

Through 6 games he has as many TDs as Brandon Marshall, and one more than Marques Colston.

I do have to say I'm impressed with you PF. Usually when I try to talk to an Eagles fan all I get in response are grunts, middle fingers, and incoherent rants about how Donovan McNabb sucks. So thanks for being better than that.

Archived