Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeSeanA Jackson...

SonnyJ

1st downs move the chains. The difference between their TD totals is so small it doesn't matter, Moss gets us the ability to score. How is it not obvious to you that the talent level we have played is lightyears ahead of what the birds have played so far? I can't wait till we play the Jags and Lions....Bubble Screen, please go back to the birds message board or go dogfight with your boy Vick, you are no skins fan.

1st downs move the chains...BUT Jackson takes it to the house!! And how is 4 TDs to 1 TD a "small" difference? You don't even make any sense.

And to bring up the talent level of the teams each has faced is pretty silly, too. Weren't the Falcons rated as one of the top passing defenses in the NFL coming in? And didn't he completely shred their defense in the first half?

Btw, I can tell you are a defeated man because you are constantly reverting back to accusing me of being an Eagles fan in each thread. Lame. Sorry bro, but some of us, Skins fans or not, are objective about things. And if someone is wrong (even a fellow fan), I'm gonna call them out on it.

1st downs move the chains...BUT Jackson takes it to the house!! And how is 4 TDs to 1 TD a "small" difference? You don't even make any sense.

And to bring up the talent level of the teams each has faced is pretty silly, too. Weren't the Falcons rated as one of the top passing defenses in the NFL coming in? And didn't he completely shred their defense in the first half?

Btw, I can tell you are a defeated man because you are constantly reverting back to accusing me of being an Eagles fan in each thread. Lame. Sorry bro, but some of us, Skins fans or not, are objective about things. And if someone is wrong (even a fellow fan), I'm gonna call them out on it.

As a receiver he only has 3, and again he has way more carries than Moss does, in fact Moss only has 1 rushing attempt.

The Falcons are the only team that was rated high, and there secondary was very suspect coming into the game. They also put him out of the game, which again is what this thread is based on.

A defeated man would be you, defending a bird, and claiming that anyone who doesn't agree with you as a homer. The responses to you going back to philly are only posted on replies to you calling me a homer, which I have no problem with being. Fan is short for...?

There is no reason for anyone to think that Moss is better than Jackson. Jackson is faster, has better hands, and is younger. I am a DIEHARD Skins fan but I watch EVERY Eagles game EVERY Sunday as well because my wife is an Eagles fan and let me tell you Jackson is special. Jackson, will be a pro-bowler for years to come if he can come back from this serious concussion and play at the same level he was playing. It really isn't even an issue for debate.

lmao, he can't make the pro bowl sitting on the bench asking "what day is this?"

lmao, he can't make the pro bowl sitting on the bench asking "what day is this?"

Exactly, which is exactly why this thread was created, something I keep on having to repeat for them. It's why it is labled Deseana Jackson...smh, they need to move back to philly.

By the responses of some of the Moss homers in this thread, you'd think that they were the ones what were concussed.

Absolutely ridiculous that anyone would think Moss is better than Jackson.

You know you've been owned when you don't try to rebuttle what anyone has said, but instead just nanny, nanny, boo, boo stick your head in doo doo.

Lol, okie dokie there cool guy, way to go all Ryman.

Here you go:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&conference=null&season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

This link is the immediate link when you go to NFL.com and go to League Leaders on Offense, can you tell me where Jackson ranks, and where Moss ranks per the NFL's default ranking statistic?

For that matter...look who is the best QB in the league. Since we're going off of nfl.com's default ranking statistic.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=2010&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go

For that matter...look who is the best QB in the league. Since we're going off of nfl.com's default ranking statistic.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=2010&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Other than the Sacks Vick was playing great ball. Great shot at the probowl, comeback player of the year and MVP.

You know you've been owned when you don't try to rebuttle what anyone has said, but instead just nanny, nanny, boo, boo stick your head in doo doo.

I've rebutted everyone's opinion in here. But at some point you have to realize that other people don't understand the game as much, thus are gonna have differing opinions. Its pretty much a lost cause of getting the Moss homers in this thread to see the light.

The problem with Jackson is that once he loses his speed, he's done in this league. He brings nothing else to the table other than his home run ability. Once that's compromised, he'll be on the outs. Moss has been a mainstay because he can takes the licks, run block, and play consistently across the field. I don't think Jackson's career will compare to Moss's down the road.

The problem with Jackson is that once he loses his speed, he's done in this league. He brings nothing else to the table other than his home run ability. Once that's compromised, he'll be on the outs. Moss has been a mainstay because he can takes the licks, run block, and play consistently across the field. I don't think Jackson's career will compare to Moss's down the road.

I don't know about all this. I mean, Galloway is, what, 38? And he's still in the league. Granted, he isn't that productive. But he still has pretty good speed for an old guy.

Jackson will probably get bigger as he gets older. If not, I think he will at the very least be a return guy for a long time. He'll be around.

I don't know about all this. I mean, Galloway is, what, 38? And he's still in the league. Granted, he isn't that productive. But he still has pretty good speed for an old guy.

Jackson will probably get bigger as he gets older. If not, I think he will at the very least be a return guy for a long time. He'll be around.

It's pure speculation at this point, Whether or not Jackson can maintain his level of play remains to be seen. I think it's rarer for someone to keep it than for it to fade. Someone like Joey Galloway is special, not all fast guys are going to keep their speed like him and Darrell Green. Galloway's had a successful career, but I wouldn't say all he's ever brought to the table is speed either He's been a pretty complete receiver throughout his career. At this point, I don't see Jackson as a complete receiver--so what does he bring to the party IF he loses a step?

I've rebutted everyone's opinion in here. But at some point you have to realize that other people don't understand the game as much, thus are gonna have differing opinions. Its pretty much a lost cause of getting the Moss homers in this thread to see the light.

Nope you sure haven't, you have side stepped just about everything I have posted besides the 1st down stats, and the fact that you believe that because Moss has better numbers Jackson is the better player....uh, say what?

Are you Ryman with a new account? You have no idea what you are talking about so you just disagree, provide no facts, in fact you have provided innaccurate stats, and then because someone disagrees its because they don't understand the game as much? You're an idiot. Did you even notice that Vick was the top ranked QB, no because your head is stuck up your butt.

One thing is for sure, Moss knows when it's zone coverage and not to run man routes through it.

Yup, which is why he will be playing Sunday and Jackson will not. The OP of this thread is lost on some people, please Bubble Screen reread the OP so you can understand the argument that is being made. You will look less stupid and can just come in here and say, "My bad, I didn't know what we were talking about earlier."

While he is undoubtedly an explosive and dynamic player, is there any question as to whether he is the biggest ***** to every play in the NFL, possibly ever? The guy avoids contact more than a vampire avoids sunlight.

Yes, he's a homerun hitter and he has done more than all the Redskin 2nd round picks from 2008 combined. That said, I would hate to have such a girl on the Redskins. Toughness is a big part of the NFL creed. I wonder how he's viewed in the Eagle locker room - I gotta feel that there is a certain lack of respect from his teammates.

This is the OP Bubble Screen, please read this. What you are arguing is not what this thread is about. If you had actually responded to me when I had told you this before we wouldn't have had this long, drawn out discussion. Stats aside, I wouldn't want Jackson on my team because he's a fragile little girl, which is exactly what the OP is talking about. Comprehension may not be your friend, but a little light reading never hurt anyone.

Here are some facts to support my "opinions".

- DeSean Jackson led the league with eight TD's over 50 yards in 2009, some may say that this was because of McNabb was throwing him the ball. Is Santana on pace to come close to that this year with McNabb at the helm? Um, no. Santana only has 1 TD on the season and that one was a 21 yd catch in the Rams game. This speaks to Jackson's game-changing ability and the fact that he can score from anywhere, at any time with the ball in his hands. Can we truly say that without being blind homers about Moss?

- Jackson has made the same amounts of pro-bowls as Moss (1) and Moss has been in the league for 10 years and Jackson has been in the league for 3 years. Jackson is on his way up while Moss is on his way down.

Here are some facts to support my "opinions".

- DeSean Jackson led the league with eight TD's over 50 yards in 2009, some may say that this was because of McNabb was throwing him the ball. Is Santana on pace to come close to that this year with McNabb at the helm? Um, no. Santana only has 1 TD on the season and that one was a 21 yd catch in the Rams game. This speaks to Jackson's game-changing ability and the fact that he can score from anywhere, at any time with the ball in his hands. Can we truly say that without being blind homers about Moss?

- Jackson has made the same amounts of pro-bowls as Moss (1) and Moss has been in the league for 10 years and Jackson has been in the league for 3 years. Jackson is on his way up while Moss is on his way down.

Love the cherry picking stats, so Mcnabb in his 11th year in a system should be just as good in his 1st year in a new system, got it.

Moss has also had Jason Campbell throwing to him for the majority of his career, but hey, don't let that get in your way. I mean Campbell and Mcnabb are completely interchangeable.

You are also in the same spot as BS (Bubble Screen), please read the post above yours so you can better understand what this thread is about.

BTW, Jackson looks pretty ordinary this year, and him being out for the next few weeks doesn't help his Pro Bowl bid that you seem to believe he is getting. That hits right on the head of what the OP is talking about, please read before posting. Do not just post, it makes you look bad.

Love the cherry picking stats, so Mcnabb in his 11th year in a system should be just as good in his 1st year in a new system, got it.

But, McNabb in his first season of a system is far better than Campbell. This you definitely agree with because of what you said next.

Moss has also had Jason Campbell throwing to him for the majority of his career, but hey, don't let that get in your way. I mean Campbell and Mcnabb are completely interchangeable.

I agree, McNabb is better than Campbell.

You are also in the same spot as BS (Bubble Screen), please read the post above yours so you can better understand what this thread is about.

I get it, Jackson is a small guy that avoids contact. So does almost every player his size, Moss included.

BTW, Jackson looks pretty ordinary this year, and him being out for the next few weeks doesn't help his Pro Bowl bid that you seem to believe he is getting. That hits right on the head of what the OP is talking about, please read before posting. Do not just post, it makes you look bad.

No, but Moss has looked pedestrian since 2005. He had seasons of ('06) 790 yds 6 TDs, ('07)808 yds 3 TDs, ('08)1,044 yds 6 TDs, and ('09) 902 yds and 3 TDs. Jackson in his rookie year: ('08) 912 yds, 3 TDs (2 rec, 1 rush), sophomore season where most slump ('09) 1156 yds, 10 TDs (9 rec, 1 rush). So Moss did slightly better than a rookie Jackson in 08 (142 yds, 3 TDs) and Jackson was far better than Moss in 09 (254 yds, 7 TDs). This year Moss has 485 yds and 1 TD, Jackson has 395 yds, 4 TDs (3 rec, 1 rush). The big difference is Jackson can still make plays and score without Mcnabb. Sure Moss has more yards but as Redskins fans we know the only thing that really matters is points on the scoreboard. Jackson will probably not get a Pro-Bowl bid if he is out for a significant amount of time, I am not disputing this fact.

BTW, I understand what the OP is about, a Skins fan stating that a small player shy's away from contact, whoopidy doo, my reply was to you and the other blind homers that believe that there are no other players better than our beloved Skins. Don't be a blind homer, it really, really, makes YOU look bad!

"Shying away from contact."

That's laughable. Emmit Smith routinely stepped out of bounds when he could have gained additional yardage and they put him in the hall of fame. In his words..."It's a business decision."

Now I've never played in the NFL, however, I can only surmise that if you have any chance at career longevity, you've gotta avoid a good percentage of hits along the way. Let's face it, it's an entirely different NFL. The fact that "we" sit here and argue over a guys supposed "toughness" is ridiculous in nature.

Gone are the days of the two-way player...three yards and a cloud of dust. This whole "he ain't tough" crap is usually espoused by those who never have or couldn't play at the professional level. Please leave your highschool playing dramatics out of the equation.

Mcnabb's best statistical year as an Eagle came last season. He set franchise records across the board in many categories. I wonder how all those yards pilled up? That was only Desean's second year on the team and in the NFL. Maclin was a rookie. Brent Celek was in his second year as a starter. Leonard Weaver was in his first year as an Eagle as well as Jason Peters, Stacy Andrews and Lesean Mccoy. Thats half of the offense learning a new system. So how was Desean able to lead the league in yards per catch? The greatness of McNabb?

You want to call him a *****? Go ahead, fine, agreed, you win. He's a ***** and I'm damn happy he's our *****!

But, McNabb in his first season of a system is far better than Campbell. This you definitely agree with because of what you said next.

I agree, McNabb is better than Campbell.

I get it, Jackson is a small guy that avoids contact. So does almost every player his size, Moss included.

No, but Moss has looked pedestrian since 2005. He had seasons of ('06) 790 yds 6 TDs, ('07)808 yds 3 TDs, ('08)1,044 yds 6 TDs, and ('09) 902 yds and 3 TDs. Jackson in his rookie year: ('08) 912 yds, 3 TDs (2 rec, 1 rush), sophomore season where most slump ('09) 1156 yds, 10 TDs (9 rec, 1 rush). So Moss did slightly better than a rookie Jackson in 08 (142 yds, 3 TDs) and Jackson was far better than Moss in 09 (254 yds, 7 TDs). This year Moss has 485 yds and 1 TD, Jackson has 395 yds, 4 TDs (3 rec, 1 rush). The big difference is Jackson can still make plays and score without Mcnabb. Sure Moss has more yards but as Redskins fans we know the only thing that really matters is points on the scoreboard. Jackson will probably not get a Pro-Bowl bid if he is out for a significant amount of time, I am not disputing this fact.

BTW, I understand what the OP is about, a Skins fan stating that a small player shy's away from contact, whoopidy doo, my reply was to you and the other blind homers that believe that there are no other players better than our beloved Skins. Don't be a blind homer, it really, really, makes YOU look bad!

What other Skins are we talking about? You look like a fool. So Jackson had one good year? That's what you are hanging your hat on? There are many players talent wise that are better than our skins, heck the OP even stated Jackson was an explosive player. How long does that last though? Moss may have had inconsistencies because of the talent at QB, but right now he's on par to put up about 1300 yards, and almost over 100 catches. Right now Jackson is in the hospital. When was the last time you saw Moss out for getting lit up?

What you are basically saying is Mcnabb is better than Campbell, and even though Jackson has only had one good year, he is better than Moss, even though Moss' numbers are better....and it doesn't matter that Mcnabb is in his first year here, he should be going lights out from the get go....because all QBs are stars their first year?

No no, there are, but there are also small players who don't shy away from hits (Wes Welker) and playmakers who don't care about getting hit (Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Calvin Johnson). And there is a difference between diving/sliding after you catch the ball to not get hit (Moss), which is pretty smart, and stopping routes and not trying to catch the ball because you're afraid you're going to get hit (Jackson). My big thing is he's so "careful" or what have you that it costs the team.

No no, there are, but there are also small players who don't shy away from hits (Wes Welker) and playmakers who don't care about getting hit (Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Calvin Johnson). And there is a difference between diving/sliding after you catch the ball to not get hit (Moss), which is pretty smart, and stopping routes and not trying to catch the ball because you're afraid you're going to get hit (Jackson). My big thing is he's so "careful" or what have you that it costs the team.

Exactly, Jackson alligator arms a lot, and that's not going to go away now that he got lit up. I blame corncob for putting Jackson in the position, but Jackson also has to understand that the route that's taking him through the middle is made for man coverage, and it was zone. Something he would know if he was an elite talent.

What other Skins are we talking about? You look like a fool. So Jackson had one good year? That's what you are hanging your hat on? There are many players talent wise that are better than our skins, heck the OP even stated Jackson was an explosive player. How long does that last though? Moss may have had inconsistencies because of the talent at QB, but right now he's on par to put up about 1300 yards, and almost over 100 catches. Right now Jackson is in the hospital.

You hang your hat on the fact that Jackson has only had ONE good season, I guess the fact that a three year pro with half of his completed seasons as a pro-bowler doesn't mean anything. If Moss were to take that same hit I can guarantee that he would have suffered the same fate. When is the last time Moss has taken a hit that big? Maybe it hasn't happened because Moss shy's away from contact just as much as Jackson.

When was the last time you saw Moss out for getting lit up?

This is a downright retarded statement. What you are basically saying is Moss is Superman and if he were to have been hit like that he would have brushed it off and gone right back to the huddle. If Moss were to take that same hit I can guarantee that he would have suffered the same fate. When is the last time Moss has taken a hit that big? Maybe it hasn't happened because Moss shy's away from contact just as much as Jackson.

What you are basically saying is Mcnabb is better than Campbell, and even though Jackson has only had one good year, he is better than Moss, even though Moss' numbers are better....and it doesn't matter that Mcnabb is in his first year here, he should be going lights out from the get go....because all QBs are stars their first year?

Yes, McNabb is better than Campbell. Yes, Jackson is better than Moss although Moss' yardage and catches are better, Jackson averages more ypc (20.8 yds) than Moss (13.1 yds) and has more TDs than Moss as well. Moss has 18 more receptions and only 90 more yards than Jackson at this point, so they relatively the same in that aspect.

Is McNabb a rookie? I didn't think that was possible. So he forgets how to play football all of the sudden. I guess Favre going to the Jets (1st year) and lighting things up before he tore his biceps was a fluke. I guess his play last year (1st year with Minnesota) was a fluke as well. I guess you can say that the system was similar to the one he was running in Green Bay. Please, great players play great no matter where they go. Stop making excuses that fit your argument how bout you support with facts.

It's funny how you can dispute the fact that in the past two seasons Jackson has put up no only more TDs, but more big play TDs, and ypc than Moss but Moss is still better because he is older (10 year vet, with 1 pro-bowl) and has more catches and BARELY more yards this year. Where are your facts?

I would have to watch the game film (way different than what we see on TV) to see if this is in fact a correct statement about Jackson. I agree, being overly careful can cost the team. I simply don't recall any evidence to support your case, not saying there isn't anything out there, just stating I simply don't remember a time where it was the case.

Archived