Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeSeanA Jackson...

SonnyJ

Good production, but slid/dove a lot again. I like the production, but still want it from a guy who's a little tougher.

Does it really matter HOW he gets the job done? Yeah, you're definitely a hater! Guy is a friggin' BEAST. Wake up.

I'd still rather have Hakeem Nicks.

Jackson is an amazing player, but he's just too one dimensional, yes he absolutely excels in that one dimension, but I'd like my number one go to receiver to do it all.

Nicks is really good, too. You'll get no argument from me there. I would gladly take either of them. However, I will point out that your reasoning isn't really any better than the first guy.

I'm with you on this. He's an absolute star. Ditto for Percy Harvin.:)

Love Harvin, also. And, like Jackson, he can also be a threat in the return game.

Does it really matter HOW he gets the job done? Yeah, you're definitely a hater! Guy is a friggin' BEAST. Wake up.

Yeah, I'm a hater because I don't like the guy as much as you do. Please. All I said was I'd like the guy to be a little tougher over the middle. Sure, he's got speed, but there's a lot of things you can do to shut down speed. Look at the first game against the Skins. All that "beast-itude" and he catches two passes. If you have a guy who can go over the middle, take the big hit, and hold onto the ball and get those yards, it's a lot harder to contain him. Take off your Green and Silver glasses. Homer. He needs time to get open downfield, and a quarterback who can heave the ball to be productive. You take away over the top or a big arm quarterback, and he's about as useful as a football bat.

???

He's a buck sixty. He's not Antonio Gates or Mike Ditka. Not going to run over guys.

Exactly. The guys got very good instincts, but he never would have survived even just a few years ago. Now that the commish is turning his into a highlight league, players like him can be protected. Good for him. He should try to avoid contact and prolong his career. Only way it'll happen.

Wow, BS (that's Bubble Screen not the more obvious acronym, lol), little deseana did good against a depleted colts secondary HUZZAH....lol, this again doesn't even address the OP which Hitman hits at. Dude isn't tough, rather have a someone who can do it all as opposed to a 1 dimensional player. I can't believe BS would even address this long after the thread was over. This is like westy coming back and bragging about kolb. Who cares? deseana will be off the field soon enough because he got snapped in half by fletcher, BS is the birds fan we always knew he would be.

also, puhleaze, dude isn't a hate because he doesn't agree with you. what he's doing is addressing the OP, PLEASE READ THE OP!! It says the reason they would not want him on their team is BECAUSE HE IS SOFT, which you are not disagreeing with but creating a different argument. no one is aruging that he isn't good, they are arguing that they don't want him on their team because he is soft.

do you want him on your team even though he is soft? do you not want him on your team because you think he is soft? those are the questions, the answers are your own opinions, just because someone doesn't agree with you does not make them a hater, it shows they have an opinion that differs from yours. it doesn't mean it is wrong, it doesn't mean it is right, IT IS AN OPINION.

lol, tweeder, the guys a baller, and I ABSOLUTELY want him on my team. Can he take a hit multiple times? No. I'm sure Brandon Banks can't as well. Doesn't mean he's got great moves. (EDIT you know what I mean, lol)

Hey, the guy is taking advantage of today's NFL. Like I said, a few years ago, not so much. I watched Desmond Howard unable to play the position because of a lack of physicality. If he came out now he would be amazing. So give Desean his due. He's extremely productive with three QBs now.

???

He's a buck sixty. He's not Antonio Gates or Mike Ditka. Not going to run over guys.

Never said he would, I just said I would like him more if he went hard over the middle instead of just fly routes. Like I addressed in my earlier post, you play him solely for the fly route and you're taking away 95% of his effectiveness (the other 5% being end arounds and returns which he isn't going to be doing that much of comparably). You have a guy who does the shallow stuff too, and his effectiveness exponentially increases. It's why Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson are so good, they do everything extremely well.

Never said he would, I just said I would like him more if he went hard over the middle instead of just fly routes. Like I addressed in my earlier post, you play him solely for the fly route and you're taking away 95% of his effectiveness (the other 5% being end arounds and returns which he isn't going to be doing that much of comparably). You have a guy who does the shallow stuff too, and his effectiveness exponentially increases. It's why Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson are so good, they do everything extremely well.

I agree. However, the argument was that DJ was soft, wimpy, or in the original post, more derogatory descriptions. For his size, he's as tough as he can be. You can't compare Megatron and AJ, they're like Olinemen compared to DJ. I'd take either of them in a heartbeat, obviously, because they come around around once every 4-5 years.

Yeah, I'm a hater because I don't like the guy as much as you do. Please. All I said was I'd like the guy to be a little tougher over the middle. Sure, he's got speed, but there's a lot of things you can do to shut down speed. Look at the first game against the Skins. All that "beast-itude" and he catches two passes. If you have a guy who can go over the middle, take the big hit, and hold onto the ball and get those yards, it's a lot harder to contain him. Take off your Green and Silver glasses. Homer. He needs time to get open downfield, and a quarterback who can heave the ball to be productive. You take away over the top or a big arm quarterback, and he's about as useful as a football bat.

Love you using the Redskins game as an example. That was the game Vick was injured, dude. And Kolb came in and proceeded to dump off nearly every pass he threw. Pretty hard for him to be productive that way.

And its funny you call ME the homer. You're the one that can't recognize a star player because he plays for a division rival. That's pretty weak. And its absolutely comical that there were guys in this thread that would take S. Moss over Jackson.

Wow, BS (that's Bubble Screen not the more obvious acronym, lol), little deseana did good against a depleted colts secondary HUZZAH....lol, this again doesn't even address the OP which Hitman hits at. Dude isn't tough, rather have a someone who can do it all as opposed to a 1 dimensional player. I can't believe BS would even address this long after the thread was over. This is like westy coming back and bragging about kolb. Who cares? deseana will be off the field soon enough because he got snapped in half by fletcher, BS is the birds fan we always knew he would be.

also, puhleaze, dude isn't a hate because he doesn't agree with you. what he's doing is addressing the OP, PLEASE READ THE OP!! It says the reason they would not want him on their team is BECAUSE HE IS SOFT, which you are not disagreeing with but creating a different argument. no one is aruging that he isn't good, they are arguing that they don't want him on their team because he is soft.

do you want him on your team even though he is soft? do you not want him on your team because you think he is soft? those are the questions, the answers are your own opinions, just because someone doesn't agree with you does not make them a hater, it shows they have an opinion that differs from yours. it doesn't mean it is wrong, it doesn't mean it is right, IT IS AN OPINION.

I want him on my team because he PRODUCES. All this "soft" crap is the real BS here! All the guy does is make plays. Wake the **** up!

And its funny you call ME the homer. You're the one that can't recognize a star player because he plays for a division rival. That's pretty weak. And its absolutely comical that there were guys in this thread that would take S. Moss over Jackson.

Even though DJ needs to bulk up, there is ZERO doubt that he is infinitely better than Santana Moss. Every team in the NFL would pick DJ over Moss without thinking twice.

Love you using the Redskins game as an example. That was the game Vick was injured, dude. And Kolb came in and proceeded to dump off nearly every pass he threw. Pretty hard for him to be productive that way.

That my point exactly. When he doesn't have a quarterback to throw the ball deep to him he's not productive. If you are able to stop the deep ball, he's useless. He's productive with Vick because Vick can scramble and throw the ball 60 yards. If he could run underneath routes, guess what? Those dump offs would be coming his way.

Like I said earlier, I would like him to be a little tougher so he CAN run those underneath routes. He is a star player, but only when he is able to go deep and run under the ball.

In the two games he played in that the Eagles lost (he was out for the third loss), he had 7 receptions for 49 yards (7 ypc) and no TDs with a long of 12; and 1 rush for 2 yards.

In the five wins, he had 19 receptions for 453 yards (23.8 ypc) and 4 TDs.

I stand by my point. All he is is a home run hitter. You shut him down deep, and he doesn't produce squat. I want a receiver who has the ability to go deep and commands that respect, but also can run the underneath stuff and still be productive. So in that sense, I like Moss over Jackson. Jackson is the bigger threat on the deep ball, but Moss is dangerous both underneath and deep. Please, try to prove me wrong.

That my point exactly. When he doesn't have a quarterback to throw the ball deep to him he's not productive. If you are able to stop the deep ball, he's useless. He's productive with Vick because Vick can scramble and throw the ball 60 yards. If he could run underneath routes, guess what? Those dump offs would be coming his way.

Like I said earlier, I would like him to be a little tougher so he CAN run those underneath routes. He is a star player, but only when he is able to go deep and run under the ball.

In the two games he played in that the Eagles lost (he was out for the third loss), he had 7 receptions for 49 yards (7 ypc) and no TDs with a long of 12; and 1 rush for 2 yards.

I stand by my point. All he is is a home run hitter. You shut him down deep, and he doesn't produce squat. I want a receiver who has the ability to go deep and commands that respect, but also can run the underneath stuff and still be productive. So in that sense, I like Moss over Jackson. Jackson is the bigger threat on the deep ball, but Moss is dangerous both underneath and deep. Please, try to prove me wrong.

BOOM, and this is why I don't have to respond, why should I when this is exactly what I'm saying? It might be a little hard for people to understand but there is more to football than throwing deep. Deseana is perfect for the fans that want the league to turn this into the NFFL (National Flag Football League), I will never, ever be one of those people. I enjoy watching football the way it was made, not the way Goodell is changing it into. You want 15 yard penalties for Brady and Manning whining to the refs? You want PI on every long pass play and fines and suspensions for players who actually hit WR's BECAUSE THEY ARE CATCHING THE BALL?!!? Fine, you can have deseana, I don't and that's my OPINION!!!

The funniest thing about this thread is the realization that Tweeder has never done one thing in his life 1/10 as well as DeSean Jackson plays football; however, Jackson doesn't play his brand of football so he wouldn't want him on his team. Yeah right. :laugh:

is that it? lol, that's you trying to rip me? hahaha, man I mean really? normally i'd respond with something above your level and laugh at you try and respond (or not, we've all gotten used to you 'working'), but i don't have to. everyone else can see that you can't even argue what you brought up so you try and take internet shots (really, really pathetic ones at that), good job champ, you're the best, lol

The funniest thing about this thread is the realization that Tweeder has never done one thing in his life 1/10 as well as DeSean Jackson plays football; however, Jackson doesn't play his brand of football so he wouldn't want him on his team. Yeah right. :laugh:

What is even better is the Eagles have not won anything meaningful in half a century.

I don't see why. Steve Smith has nearly 2x the number of catches that Jackson does this year. He's a more versatile weapon.

DeSean Jackson has caught 26 passes for 504 yards and 4 Receiving TD's.

Steve Smith is 43 for 471 and 2 TD's.

No to mention the fact that Jackson has 87 yards on 9 rushing attempts and 1 rushing TD. Who is really the more versatile weapon? I thought so. AND he missed the Titans game with a concussion.

DeSean Jackson has caught 26 passes for 504 yards and 4 Receiving TD's.

Steve Smith is 43 for 471 and 2 TD's.

1.You must have missed the Seattle game.

2. Steve Smith is the #2 WR on the Giants, and is still more productive than Jackson.

No to mention the fact that Jackson has 87 yards on 9 rushing attempts and 1 rushing TD. Who is really the more versatile weapon? I thought so. AND he missed the Titans game with a concussion.
My bad. I meant a more versatile receiving threat. Obviously Jackson can also contribute on special teams as a returner. But since only one of them can go across the middle of the field without being sent to a hospital or new rules, fines, and suspensions being added to the league to protect him, I think it's pretty clear who the more versatile receiver is. And he's also one of the best route runners in the NFL. Which is why Jackson would be at best the #3 WR on the Giants.

1.You must have missed the Seattle game.

2. Steve Smith is the #2 WR on the Giants, and is still more productive than Jackson.

My bad. I meant a more versatile receiving threat. Obviously Jackson can also contribute on special teams as a returner. But since only one of them can go across the middle of the field without being sent to a hospital or new rules, fines, and suspensions being added to the league to protect him, I think it's pretty clear who the more versatile receiver is. And he's also one of the best route runners in the NFL. Which is why Jackson would be at best the #3 WR on the Giants.

Not saying Smith isn't good; I know he has skill. Just sayin' that Jackson is more of a threat in the whole aspect of the offense and special teams. You never know when he'll catch a corner/safety off-guard and catch a long bomb for a TD. Smith would be better at breaking tackles and possibly escaping for a long one but at least he's catchable. Jackson + open-field = long play.

If by versatile you mean stronger/durable, then you're absolutely correct. But if you were to ask someone (let's say a fan of an AFC team) who they think the best receiver in the NFC East is, they would probably mention Jackson before Smith, don't you think?

There's no hope for you, bro.

Archived