Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeSeanA Jackson...

SonnyJ

Really? Because we played that deep last year about 50% of the time, against everyone.

London Fletcher cheating 15 to 20 yards deep? Even Jaws questioned that scheme "you cant leave tose lanes open for Vick". I guess the Eagles receivers are so soft they had to drop EVERYONE in coverage?

Proved it on the first play of the game which changed EVERYTHING! I'd just go to bed if I were you, you're loosing ALL credibility

One play does not a game make. Haslett called a horrible game defensively. Doesn't change the fact that Jackson won't go over the middle and make a play, nor will he do stuff on short routes on any consistent basis. He is probably the best deep ball threat in the NFL, but that's about it. I would like someone who's maybe less of a deep ball threat, but is also dangerous on the shorter stuff.

London Fletcher cheating 15 to 20 yards deep? Even Jaws questioned that scheme "you cant leave tose lanes open for Vick". I guess the Eagles receivers are so soft they had to drop EVERYONE in coverage?

And not a lot left over to blitz.

They were selling out to not get beat deep even though they did in fact end up getting beat deep on numerous occaions anyway.

And not a lot left over to blitz.

They were selling out to not get beat deep even though they did in fact end up getting beat deep on numerous occaions anyway.

I don't believe what Im seeing out of Vick. I don't think anyone else does either. Even on double coverage he's throwing pillows in there. He's never done that before he had AWFUL acuuracy. Maybe he finally decided to learn how to play QB. BIG CONTRACT from the birds on the way/ Kolb gets dealt.

I don't believe what Im seeing out of Vick. I don't think anyone else does either. Even on double coverage he's throwing pillows in there. He's never done that before he had AWFUL acuuracy. Maybe he finally decided to learn how to play QB. BIG CONTRACT from the birds on the way/ Kolb gets dealt.

Well I certainly didn't predict it.

After years of watching McNabb struggle and have his mechanics break down at the worst possible time, Vick?!?! (the worst mechanics and decision making I have ever seen in a quarterback), learns how to be a productive passer in under two years?

Seriously, Vick got into this league, and maintained his position in this league because he was an outstanding athlete and nothing more.

I've not seen anything like it, it would be, as if, Randal Cunningham had suddenly learned how to read defenses and make good decisions back in the day.

One play does not a game make. Haslett called a horrible game defensively. Doesn't change the fact that Jackson won't go over the middle and make a play, nor will he do stuff on short routes on any consistent basis. He is probably the best deep ball threat in the NFL, but that's about it. I would like someone who's maybe less of a deep ball threat, but is also dangerous on the shorter stuff.

I'd like a Sweedish bikini model..... We're splitting hairs again. DJ changes the game without the ball even being thrown to him. While he isnt the "over the middle guy" and never will be he is the fastest player in the league and defenses have no choice but to respect. He changes the game in ways you don't redily recognize unless you're breaking down game film. He beat double coverage on that TD. Ran right by the safety who had eight yards on him. With Vick throwing the ball anythin inside 70 yrds he can hit. That's the difference with the two of them on the field at the same time. Kolb doesnt and cant play to DJ's strengths.

Well I certainly didn't predict it.

After years of watching McNabb struggle and have his mechanics break down at the worst possible time, Vick?!?! (the worst mechanics and decision making I have ever seen in a quarterback), learns how to be a productive passer in under two years?

Seriously, Vick got into this league, and maintained his position in this league because he was an outstanding athlete and nothing more.

I've not seen anything like it, it would be, as if, Randal Cunningham had suddenly learned how to read defenses and make good decisions back in the day.

If the Skins are able to overhaul that offense and put line in front of McNabb then he'll be alright. DM never had great receivers in Philly but he always damn good OL's. He's going to need that in order to have any success.

If the Skins are able to overhaul that offense and put line in front of McNabb then he'll be alright. DM never had great receivers in Philly but he always damn good OL's. He's going to need that in order to have any success.

Well, we should be in a position to draft the best center (Wisniewski?) if we play like we did tonight. Agree or not on Jackson, at least we can talk civilly about everything else ;)

How in the world do we not understand the game? Because we don't agree with you. Look at the game tonight. He had one catch for most of the game and it was a DEEP PASS. The rest of the game? Pretty much nothing. He is a DEEP BALL player, and that's it. Those are the facts. I would rather have someone who does something when he doesn't run deep, because you're not always going to have the time to get the ball back there. You sir, have an agenda, and that is the end of that.

Again, you prove you don't understand the game. Yeah, he only ended the night with 2 catches, but he had 98 yards and a score! And that first play opened things up for the rest of the night. Didn't you notice that the rest of our game the safeties were playing extremely deep? Gee, I wonder why that was. Hmm..Hell, even FLETCHER was playing extremely deep tonite. That's what Jackson does for that offense. He DICTATES how teams are gonna play him. He makes all those other weapons that much more valuable. And yeah, I understand Vick is a large part of this, too. But remember, Jackson was making these big plays long before Vick ever became the starting QB. He was making these kind of plays with McNabb, and even with Kolb. The guy is a flat out superstar. And for you to continue denying how great a talent he is just further proves how clueless you are.

Edit: And with the safeties playing so deep and being so focused on him, you saw how it opened up gaping running lanes for McCoy, and especially Harrison, right?

Nothing changed so I'm not sure exactly what you are here to brag about. 2 passes for 98 yards, sounds exactly like what we said he was, so what? This thread is not about the eagles offense, its about deseana and that little girl didn't find his way in between the hash marks all game.

....then again, it could be because he didn't want to get spit on by landry apparently....

Barry Sanders didn't get goal line or short yardage carries so I guess he wasn't really great because he didn't fit into the definition of what makes a football player by some clueless Redskins fans. This thread should be closed. Jackson can have 100 yards and a td every week for the rest of the year and most of these fellas would never concede the obvious.

Nothing changed so I'm not sure exactly what you are here to brag about. 2 passes for 98 yards, sounds exactly like what we said he was, so what? This thread is not about the eagles offense, its about deseana and that little girl didn't find his way in between the hash marks all game.

....then again, it could be because he didn't want to get spit on by landry apparently....

Either that or he simply ran the routes his coaches called which enabled his team to roll up 600 yards of offense. It is mind boggling that you can come back here after Jackson owned your entire team on the first play of the game and effectively ended it and still talk smack.

"The pregame altercation got it going. It had us ready," Jackson said. "We were like pit bulls ready to get out the cage."

Goes to prove my most football players not mental giants theory. What a moron.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20101116_Eagles_smash_records_in_59-28_rout_of_Redskins.html

Meh......I'll give Jackson a pass on this one. I don't believe that he premeditated saying this.....it was just a on-the-spot remark. What, just because his teammate participated in horrible activities involving dogs, means that Jackson is a "moron" because he makes an analogy about how his team reacted to being taunted. That's pretty unfair, IMO.

Barry Sanders didn't get goal line or short yardage carries so I guess he wasn't really great because he didn't fit into the definition of what makes a football player by some clueless Redskins fans. This thread should be closed. Jackson can have 100 yards and a td every week for the rest of the year and most of these fellas would never concede the obvious.
LOL, you're comparing him to Barry Sanders. Barry Sanders lead the league on numerous occasions in rushing yards, and he is 5th all-time in career rushing attempts. Jackson doesn't deserve to even be mentioned in the same sentence as him. Dez Bryant has more catches and the same number of TD catches despite being the Cowboys #3 WR for most of the season. But apparently Desean Jackson is one of greatest WR's, if not the greatest, to ever play the game. :ols:

I'd like a Sweedish bikini model..... We're splitting hairs again. DJ changes the game without the ball even being thrown to him. While he isnt the "over the middle guy" and never will be he is the fastest player in the league and defenses have no choice but to respect. He changes the game in ways you don't redily recognize unless you're breaking down game film. He beat double coverage on that TD. Ran right by the safety who had eight yards on him. With Vick throwing the ball anythin inside 70 yrds he can hit. That's the difference with the two of them on the field at the same time. Kolb doesnt and cant play to DJ's strengths.

He beat double coverage with us in a zone. Hall had the underneath and then released him to Landry (who gets beat deep quite often despite being a fast player) and made one hell of a fingertip catch, kept his balance and waltzed into the endzone. Anytime you get Landry deep, you win. Keep Landry closer to the line of scrimmage and he's more effective. Technically he didn't beat double coverage, but technically he did.

Archived