Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeSeanA Jackson...

SonnyJ

Wow, imagine that, a philthy fan comes into a deseana jackson thread and talks about mcnabb, when did that become the topic? Oh yeah, it's not, please stay on topic there sport!

O, BTW, mcnabb didn't have any deep stuff in the last skins v philthy game, how did the end result look?

8 for 19 for 125 yards. You asked.

Looks like a certain philthy fan is a little too butt hurt to post the score of the last game, don't worry, I edited your last post for you to reflect the full game results.

Hurt? Hardly. I like their chances here in the second half of the season. It will surely help DJ having Vick in there for more than a quarter. So how are the Skins going to take away that deep threat? Slide the safety over right? Doesn't that man up another receiver? Both Avant and Maclin should have a great day. So even when you "take away" that deep threat you are opening things up on the rest of the field. I suppose you didn't factor that into the equation or am I to assume that all that's needed is a jam at the line of scrimmage to stop the most explosive receiver in the NFL? He changes the game without even being thrown to.

Hurt? Hardly. I like their chances here in the second half of the season. It will surely help DJ having Vick in there for more than a quarter. So how are the Skins going to take away that deep threat? Slide the safety over right? Doesn't that man up another receiver? Both Avant and Maclin should have a great day. So even when you "take away" that deep threat you are opening things up on the rest of the field. I suppose you didn't factor that into the equation or am I to assume that all that's needed is a jam at the line of scrimmage to stop the most explosive receiver in the NFL? He changes the game without even being thrown to.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, ohhhh poor little philthy fan, lol

It didn't help deseana last time when vick was in for that HALF because it was what, 17-0? lol, so nope

take away the deep threat the same way they did last time, beat up the tiny wr's at the line, worked fine last time and no one got deep at all, not maclin, not desean, not avant, lol, so nope

all that chest thumping you are doing isn't helping you at all, act like a big man, go ahead, do it....lol, you philthy fans are all the same. big talk before the game = crying after the game

vick is not gonna run this game, he knows what we did to him last time, and to be sure landry will be spying him all game. landry > vick in everything. deseana isn't strong enough to get past the LOS on us, niether is maclin. avant who? lol. mccoy only has a game when corncob throws the flat routes or screens to him, corncob isn't playing = mccoy no game, thanks for playing

Same way we did in the first game. I don't know specifically the coverages, I just know we were able to contain him deep, with both Vick and Kolb at QB.

Here's the total stat line from all three receivers for the first Redskins-Eagles:

Jackson: 3 Receptions on 7 Targets, 19 Yards, 1 Rush, 2 Yards (not to mention that play he pulled up on because he heard Landry coming)

Maclin: 1 Reception on 1 Target, 15 Yards

Avant: 4 Receptions on 4 Targets, 31 Yards

That's some good defense. And it really shouldn't matter who's at quarterback, after all of the arguments from Philly fans that Kolb and Vick are just as good as each other.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, ohhhh poor little philthy fan, lol

It didn't help deseana last time when vick was in for that HALF because it was what, 17-0? lol, so nope

take away the deep threat the same way they did last time, beat up the tiny wr's at the line, worked fine last time and no one got deep at all, not maclin, not desean, not avant, lol, so nope

all that chest thumping you are doing isn't helping you at all, act like a big man, go ahead, do it....lol, you philthy fans are all the same. big talk before the game = crying after the game

vick is not gonna run this game, he knows what we did to him last time, and to be sure landry will be spying him all game. landry > vick in everything. deseana isn't strong enough to get past the LOS on us, niether is maclin. avant who? lol. mccoy only has a game when corncob throws the flat routes or screens to him, corncob isn't playing = mccoy no game, thanks for playing

The only person acting like a "big man" in this thread is you. I stated I liked their chances the second half of the season. Is that chest thumping? I didn't post the score as I was waiting for instruction from you to do so. For 26 years of age I would assume you would be able to conduct yourself as an adult not some insult wielding homer who see's every non-Skins fan as an opportunity to play king of the mountain with them.

Check my record and you'll find that in the eight years I've been around this site I havn't been casting stones. Must you through an insult in every post? Unfortunately for you it's become quite transparent what your agena is here in ATN. Your not the first and you wont be the last and your damn sure not one of the more talented at your craft.

What makes Desean Jackson more explosive than guys like Steve Smith(CAR), Mike Wallace, Johnny Knox, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, or for that matter Darrius Heyward-Bey? Heck, even Steve Smith(NYG) is lightning in and out of his cuts. This is what I hate about the Desean Jackson hype. People around here act like he is some kind of elite WR or a once in a generation athlete. Yet there are plenty of WR's around the league just as athletic, and he only has 26 catches and 4 receiving TD's. That's not elite. The hype machine around this guy is ridiculous.

Same way we did in the first game. I don't know specifically the coverages, I just know we were able to contain him deep, with both Vick and Kolb at QB.

Here's the total stat line from all three receivers for the first Redskins-Eagles:

Jackson: 3 Receptions on 7 Targets, 19 Yards, 1 Rush, 2 Yards (not to mention that play he pulled up on because he heard Landry coming)

Maclin: 1 Reception on 1 Target, 15 Yards

Avant: 4 Receptions on 4 Targets, 31 Yards

That's some good defense. And it really shouldn't matter who's at quarterback, after all of the arguments from Philly fans that Kolb and Vick are just as good as each other.

Awesome, thank you for the stats, and I made sure to bold AND highlight the reason for the alligator arms from deseana

If you can even find them.

Touche good sir!

The only person acting like a "big man" in this thread is you. I stated I liked their chances the second half of the season. Is that chest thumping? I didn't post the score as I was waiting for instruction from you to do so. For 26 years of age I would assume you would be able to conduct yourself as an adult not some insult wielding homer who see's every non-Skins fan as an opportunity to play king of the mountain with them.

Check my record and you'll find that in the eight years I've been around this site I havn't been casting stones. Must you through an insult in every post? Unfortunately for you it's become quite transparent what your agena is here in ATN. Your not the first and you wont be the last and your damn sure not one of the more talented at your craft.

Oh boo hoo, I'm sorry I'm not gonna bow down to a philthy fan/team when they come on to our message board and steer the conversation off topic and then don't give full answers to questions and don't actually debate anything. You guys are all the same, why should I treat you any different? You won't be here on Tuesday, ask westy, he's got a rep to uphold!

You didn't post the score because it didn't help your agenda.

Lol, getting advice on how to act like an adult on a message board from a philthy fan is like getting advice on how to win games in 2010 from Wade Phillips, please just stop, lol. And please show where I insulted you champ.

I don't have to be more talented at message board facts than anyone else, that's because they are FACTS. Anyone can post them and be right.

Again, please point out where I insulted you, I'll be waiting for an apology, thank you.

What makes Desean Jackson more explosive than guys like Steve Smith(CAR), Mike Wallace, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, or for that matter Darrius Heyward-Bey? Heck, even Steve Smith(NYG) is lightning in and out of his cuts. This is what I hate about the Desean Jackson hype. People around here act like he is some kind of elite WR or a once in a generation athlete. Yet there are plenty of WR's around the league just as athletic, and he only has 26 catches and 4 receiving TD's. That's not elite. The hype machine around this guy is ridiculous.

Hold on now Joe, the majority of people here haven't put any money into the DeSean Jackson hype machine. It's the Philly fans and Bubble Screen for the most part, we're just trying to bring him back to sanity

What makes Desean Jackson more explosive than guys like Steve Smith(CAR), Mike Wallace, Johnny Knox, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, or for that matter Darrius Heyward-Bey? Heck, even Steve Smith(NYG) is lightning in and out of his cuts. This is what I hate about the Desean Jackson hype. People around here act like he is some kind of elite WR or a once in a generation athlete. Yet there are plenty of WR's around the league just as athletic, and he only has 26 catches and 4 receiving TD's. That's not elite. The hype machine around this guy is ridiculous.

Thank you sir! And you're not even a skins fan! How much of a homer does this guy have to be to see that it's all hype? Dude is nothing special, he's Felix Jones as a WR, that's it! Take away the deep threat and he's a ball boy....sorry, the ball boy probably outweighs him by 30 lbs.

EDIT: Also agree with hitman's last post, the only people man crushing on this dude are philthy fans and BS (perfect abbreviation for him :))

Hold on now Joe, the majority of people here haven't put any money into the DeSean Jackson hype machine. It's the Philly fans and Bubble Screen for the most part, we're just trying to bring him back to sanity
Fair point. I shouldn't have used such a broad generalization.
Thank you sir! And you're not even a skins fan! How much of a homer does this guy have to be to see that it's all hype? Dude is nothing special, he's Felix Jones as a WR, that's it! Take away the deep threat and he's a ball boy....sorry, the ball boy probably outweighs him by 30 lbs.
Felix Jones is a great, great comparison. So much unearned praise.

EDIT: Also agree with hitman's last post, the only people man crushing on this dude are philthy fans and BS (perfect abbreviation for him :))

Nah, see, here's another comparison that I have an issue with. Felix has done absolutely nothing in this league, NOTHING. Desean is at least a pro-bowler. Desean's "hype" is based on his play in the NFL. Does he shy away from contact, sure but so does EVERY other small receiver, Welker, Moss, you name it they ALL shy away from contact. It doesn't make them soft, it makes them smart. These diminutive guys play a big man's and perform because they are, quick agile and smart.

For the person who posted: Show me a time where Desean Jackson caught a short gain and turned it into a TD. Well, here's just one example, if you need more I can dig them up. For the most part, yes he is a deep threat, but he can break the shorties from time to time.

For the record I am a Skins fan, as die hard as they come, and it pains me to defend another player, especially one from an NFC East rival, but c'mon guys. The guy is talented as hell.

For the person who posted: Show me a time where Desean Jackson caught a short gain and turned it into a TD. Well, here's just one example, if you need more I can dig them up. For the most part, yes he is a deep threat, but he can break the shorties from time to time.

I never said he couldn't or didn't. I said that if you take away his deep game, you take away 95% of his effectiveness.

Nah, see, here's another comparison that I have an issue with. Felix has done absolutely nothing in this league, NOTHING. Desean is at least a pro-bowler. Desean's "hype" is based on his play in the NFL. Does he shy away from contact, sure but so does EVERY other small receiver, Welker, Moss, you name it they ALL shy away from contact. It doesn't make them soft, it makes them smart. These diminutive guys play a big man's and perform because they are, quick agile and smart.

For the record I am a Skins fan, as die hard as they come, and it pains me to defend another player, especially one from an NFC East rival, but c'mon guys. The guy is talented as hell.

Lol, welker, moss, and smith do not shy away from contact. Those dude make a living going over the middle and going up for the catch over bigger players, lol, to compare them to deseana is a freakin joke.

I doubt it pains you at all.

Did you just say "Desean is at least a pro-bowler"? Wow, so were 13 cowboys a couple years ago, hype will do that. Tell me, what has that gotten either team? To say a player is soooo much better because of 1, thats ONE pro-bowl is laughable. It's fine that you have an agenda, but please let us know beforehand.

I never said he couldn't or didn't. I said that if you take away his deep game, you take away 95% of his effectiveness.

They never actually debate anything you say, just bring up different stats when the ones they are quoting don't hold up, lol.

Did you just say "Desean is at least a pro-bowler"? Wow, so were 13 cowboys a couple years ago, hype will do that. Tell me, what has that gotten either team? To say a player is soooo much better because of 1, thats ONE pro-bowl is laughable. It's fine that you have an agenda, but please let us know beforehand.

They never actually debate anything you say, just bring up different stats when the ones they are quoting don't hold up, lol.

Jackson was the second starting WR in the pro-bowl behind Sydney Rice last year. How many seasons has Desean Jackson played in the NFL? Two right, and he has made the pro-bowl in one of them, right? So he has been one of the best players at his position in 50% of his NFL career, right?

No agenda here, I simply think that if we had Jackson on the Skins your tune would be COMPLETELY different. You would be all about him, but the fact that he plays for philly you can't recognize his talent. If putting the Burgundy and Gold make you the best players in the NFL why have we been so bad for so long?

And the fact of the matter is, Desean has one of the best if not THE BEST deep games in the NFL. The same applies to Adrian Peterson, if you stop his long runs he won't be as effective. No ***! You guys are laughable. No wonder people look down on us Skins fans, I would too.

Jackson was the second starting WR in the pro-bowl behind Sydney Rice last year. How many seasons has Desean Jackson played in the NFL? Two right, and he has made the pro-bowl in one of them, right? So he has been one of the best players at his position in 50% of his NFL career, right?

No agenda here, I simply think that if we had Jackson on the Skins your tune would be COMPLETELY different. You would be all about him, but the fact that he plays for philly you can't recognize his talent. If putting the Burgundy and Gold make you the best players in the NFL why have we been so bad for so long?

And the fact of the matter is, Desean has one of the best if not THE BEST deep games in the NFL. The same applies to Adrian Peterson, if you stop his long runs he won't be as effective. No ***! You guys are laughable. No wonder people look down on us Skins fans, I would too.

I would never root against anyone on my team....but deseana isn't on my team....whats your point? This is his third year...think he's going to the pro-bowl this year? Blind squirrels find nuts......

again, we know that he can play the deep ball, that was never in question, but really that's 95% of his game. take that away and you have someone who might as well be philthy's ball boy. If you took away Adrian Peterson's 40+ yard runs you'd have what he is today, #1 in the nfl in rushing by getting chunks of yards....your argument holds no water.

wow, and you say your a skins fan and trash them in the same post.....stay classy philthy

So he has been one of the best players at his position in 50% of his NFL career, right?

The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. He's been one of the more popular players 50% of his career would be a better assessment.

Adrian Peterson is arguably the best running back in the NFL. I wouldn't even put him in the top 15. He can break the long run, but he can also get the tough yards. DeSean Jackson isn't anywhere near the best WR in the NFL. He can't get the tough yards. And I didn't say he wouldn't be "as" effective. I said he wouldn't be effective, period. Because you can't count on him to turn slants and end arounds into touchdowns. AP, though, can do almost everything.

As for those 15 better receivers (in no particular order)

Andre Johnson

Calvin Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Brandon Marshall

Randy Moss

Wes Welker

Anquan Boldin

Larry Fitzgerald

Chad Ochocinco

Terrell Owens

Marques Colston

Donald Driver

Steve Smith (Carolina)

Hines Ward

Miles Austin

The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. He's been one of the more popular players 50% of his career would be a better assessment.

Adrian Peterson is arguably the best running back in the NFL. DeSean Jackson isn't anywhere near the best WR in the NFL. I wouldn't even put him in the top 15. He can break the long run, but he can also get the tough yards. DeSean Jackson can't get the tough yards. And I didn't say he wouldn't be "as" effective. I said he wouldn't be effective. Period. Because you can't count on him to turn slants and end arounds into touchdowns. AP, though, can do almost everything.

As for those 15 better receivers (in no particular order)

Andre Johnson

Calvin Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Brandon Marshall

Randy Moss

Wes Welker

Anquan Boldin

Larry Fitzgerald

Chad Ochocinco

Terrell Owens

Marques Colston

Donald Driver

Steve Smith (Carolina)

Hines Ward

Miles Austin

lol, but you must love deseana or everyone will look down on you because that's laughable, HAHAHAHAHA

i'd bet you could find more than just those first 15 - roddy white, brandon lloyd, santana moss, mike williams (TB), steve johnson (BUF), greg jennings, lol JEREMY MACLIN IS ABOVE DESEANA, lol

i mean now i'm just pulling all the names that are ahead of him on the stats list on nfl.com. I understand that not all of them have been better than deseana in the past, but they are now, and that's all that matters. Some people are just homers, dude has had one standout year out of three, that happens, players have a good year then disappear forever. Anyone think he's making the pro-bowl this year? Any takers? Anyone? I'm really about to just list every WR (not including TE's) that have better stats than him this year.

And for those who are complaing BUT HE HAS 4 TD's! He is currently tied with - Dez Bryant, Lee Evans, Larry Fitzgerald (who has a different QB each week), Brandon Lloyd, Mike Sims-Walker, Hines Ward, and Nate Washington

He is behind - Hakeem Nicks, Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, Kenny Britt, Terrel Owens, Roddy White, Anquan Boldin, Austin Collie, Greg Jennings, Steve Johnson, Jeremy Maclin (THEY ARE ON THE SAME TEAM!!!), Braylon Edwards, Lance Moore, Mike Wallace, ROY WILLIAMS!!!!, and Mike Williams

These are only including WR's, there are about 5 or 6 TE's ahead of him in every category that matters....here's the TD's link:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_TOUCHDOWNS&d-447263-n=1

If you want anymore please go to the nfl.com and do you're own research and stop getting your news from BSPN

Guess not, lol, deseana's angry mob settled once they saw the facts. Don't worry, I'm sure philthy will have another one and done you can man crush on, lol.

Give it time, Tweedr...they're probably just trying to come up with some more bogus stats or trying to convince themselves that a one dimensional player actually can do more than run deep routes and the occasional slant and even more occasionally break the slant for a big gain.

Archived