Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeSeanA Jackson...

SonnyJ

You hang your hat on the fact that Jackson has only had ONE good season, I guess the fact that a three year pro with half of his completed seasons as a pro-bowler doesn't mean anything. If Moss were to take that same hit I can guarantee that he would have suffered the same fate. When is the last time Moss has taken a hit that big? Maybe it hasn't happened because Moss shy's away from contact just as much as Jackson.

Jackson has only had one good season, he may have more but that's just speculation and opinion. What I'm getting at is Moss wouldn't take that hit, he's a much smarter player than Jackson. Why don't you let Moss and Steve Smith both know they shy away from contact, those are some of the smallest guys in the NFL and they are some of the toughest, if you can't see that you must be watching something else.

This is a downright retarded statement. What you are basically saying is Moss is Superman and if he were to have been hit like that he would have brushed it off and gone right back to the huddle. If Moss were to take that same hit I can guarantee that he would have suffered the same fate. When is the last time Moss has taken a hit that big? Maybe it hasn't happened because Moss shy's away from contact just as much as Jackson.

Please see above, anyone taking that hit would be out, smart WR's don't put themselves in stupid situations.

Yes, McNabb is better than Campbell. Yes, Jackson is better than Moss although Moss' yardage and catches are better, Jackson averages more ypc (20.8 yds) than Moss (13.1 yds) and has more TDs than Moss as well. Moss has 18 more receptions and only 90 more yards than Jackson at this point, so they relatively the same in that aspect.

Is McNabb a rookie? I didn't think that was possible. So he forgets how to play football all of the sudden. I guess Favre going to the Jets (1st year) and lighting things up before he tore his biceps was a fluke. I guess his play last year (1st year with Minnesota) was a fluke as well. I guess you can say that the system was similar to the one he was running in Green Bay. Please, great players play great no matter where they go. Stop making excuses that fit your argument how bout you support with facts.

It's funny how you can dispute the fact that in the past two seasons Jackson has put up no only more TDs, but more big play TDs, and ypc than Moss but Moss is still better because he is older (10 year vet, with 1 pro-bowl) and has more catches and BARELY more yards this year. Where are your facts?

I'm glad you pulled out one QB that changed systems and did well...in fact he only did well one season, last year. The Jets, Favre tailed off and admitted he shouldn't have played, this year, well if you don't see how bad he is this year I dunno what to tell you. What about Jay Cutler? Drew Bledsoe? Chad Pennington? Mark Brunell? Matt Cassell? Jake Plummer? Jake Delhomme? Daunte Culpepper?

BTW my facts are a few pages back, if you would have read this thread you would have seen them. I even posted a link to nfl.com for you. Take a look there sport.

It's moronic that you would think because of one good season Jackson is some elite WR, and you dismiss Moss' good seasons. Again, this thread isn't even about the stats, it's about the fragile little girl Deseana Jackson and why I wouldn't want some piece of glass WR on my team.

Love the cherry picking stats, so Mcnabb in his 11th year in a system should be just as good in his 1st year in a new system, got it.

Moss has also had Jason Campbell throwing to him for the majority of his career, but hey, don't let that get in your way. I mean Campbell and Mcnabb are completely interchangeable.

You are also in the same spot as BS (Bubble Screen), please read the post above yours so you can better understand what this thread is about.

BTW, Jackson looks pretty ordinary this year, and him being out for the next few weeks doesn't help his Pro Bowl bid that you seem to believe he is getting. That hits right on the head of what the OP is talking about, please read before posting. Do not just post, it makes you look bad.

I see what you did there...

Jackson has only had one good season, he may have more but that's just speculation and opinion. What I'm getting at is Moss wouldn't take that hit, he's a much smarter player than Jackson. Why don't you let Moss and Steve Smith both know they shy away from contact, those are some of the smallest guys in the NFL and they are some of the toughest, if you can't see that you must be watching something else.

Please see above, anyone taking that hit would be out, smart WR's don't put themselves in stupid situations.

You are implying that Jackson is stupid and put himself in a precarious position to get hit. Maybe that is the case, or maybe he's young and still learning yet still performing at a relatively high level.

I'm glad you pulled out one QB that changed systems and did well...in fact he only did well one season, last year. The Jets, Favre tailed off and admitted he shouldn't have played, this year, well if you don't see how bad he is this year I dunno what to tell you. What about Jay Cutler? Drew Bledsoe? Chad Pennington? Mark Brunell? Matt Cassell? Jake Plummer? Jake Delhomme? Daunte Culpepper?

Any of those Hall of Fame worthy or even fringe HOFers? Mcnabb is arguably a HOFer, depending on what he does here and Favre is a first ballot HOFer. None of the other QBs you mentioned are even close to McNabb or Favre. What about Drew Brees? Didn't he throw for 4,418 yards and 26 TDs in his first year with New Orleans?

BTW my facts are a few pages back, if you would have read this thread you would have seen them. I even posted a link to nfl.com for you. Take a look there sport.

I have read the thread and your "facts" are that at this point Moss has more yards and catches than Jackson yet a lower ypc average and less scores.

It's moronic that you would think because of one good season Jackson is some elite WR, and you dismiss Moss' good seasons. Again, this thread isn't even about the stats, it's about the fragile little girl Deseana Jackson and why I wouldn't want some piece of glass WR on my team.

Moss has had three "good" seasons as a pro. He is on pace for a "good" season this year, as was Jackson. The last statement is laughable. Santana is just as fragile, he consistently has hammy issues. Sure he's stayed relatively healthy enough to start every game the past two seasons but he is far from an iron man. They both average 15 starts per season for their career.

Look, I hate comparing other players and having to defend players from another team, especially an NFC East team. Here's the ultimate question would the Eagles trade Jackson for Moss? NO. Would the Skins trade Moss for Jackson? More than likely.

You are implying that Jackson is stupid and put himself in a precarious position to get hit. Maybe that is the case, or maybe he's young and still learning yet still performing at a relatively high level.

Look, I hate comparing other players and having to defend players from another team, especially an NFC East team. Here's the ultimate question would the Eagles trade Jackson for Moss? NO. Would the Skins trade Moss for Jackson? More than likely.

Yes, yes I am implying Jackson is stupid, then again, I believe people who play, coach, are fans of, or support anything bird related are stupid so maybe I'm biased.

Apparently you don't, and I don't think that the birds would trade jackson for moss, I also don't believe we would trade moss for jackson. You thinking they would is your opinion, and holds no water.

The ultimate question is, is Jackson fragile? Does that affect his game? We found out last Sunday the answer is yes to both, that is a fact.

EDIT: BTW wasn't trying to insult you earlier, I just got a little into my post. But again, I usually tend get into it when talking about birds or pukes, I don't like either of them.

You guys can't be serious. DeSean Jackson is a phenomenal talent. I would LOVE to have him on the Redskins. If you disagree, you're not thinking about what's best for this football team.

Would you have rather had him today? Where was jackson today? Was he playing? How did the birds do?

You guys can't be serious. DeSean Jackson is a phenomenal talent. I would LOVE to have him on the Redskins. If you disagree, you're not thinking about what's best for this football team.

i want a BIG STRONG Nasty player like Hines Ward or Miles Austin. we already have a guy like Jackson on this team.

he returns punts and kickoffs.

Would you have rather had him today? Where was jackson today? Was he playing? How did the birds do?

Are you serious? He was knocked out from a nasty, illegal helmet-led hit last week (and already had 100 yards and two 2 td's in the first quarter). So no, he didn't play today.

i want a BIG STRONG Nasty player like Hines Ward or Miles Austin. we already have a guy like Jackson on this team.

he returns punts and kickoffs.

Comparing Brandon Banks to DeSean Jackson is ridiculous. Do you people watch football outside of Skins games?

Lol, the deseana fans are crying, hey like gritz said there's always next week....oh wait, no theres not, lol.

It's really hard to compare Moss or Banks to Jackson since deseana's groupies protest that since he misses games they don't count, haha. Which again....was the point of the OP, deseana is out because he is a piece of glass.

I think it is fair to question DeSean Jackson's ability to take punishing blows because of his small frame and how that will impact his career as an NFL WR. But in my opinion he is a phenomenal player and a premier WR and better than anyone on the Redskins.

I think it is fair to question DeSean Jackson's ability to take punishing blows because of his small frame and how that will impact his career as an NFL WR. But in my opinion he is a phenomenal player and a premier WR and better than anyone on the Redskins.

Actually, that much was stated in the OP. No one is saying he isn't good, but some of his skills take a backseat because of how frail he is, which is also why he is currently out right now. Basically his skills don't mean much if he isn't on the field.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived