Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeSeanA Jackson...

SonnyJ

Either that or he simply ran the routes his coaches called which enabled his team to roll up 600 yards of offense. It is mind boggling that you can come back here after Jackson owned your entire team on the first play of the game and effectively ended it and still talk smack.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

I think my brain just exploded

Haha, you know what I mean. It wasn't a true double team once Jackson got past the safey, meaning he didn't have 2 players around him while he caught the ball. It was like the Houston/Andre Johnson play. Buchanon had coverage underneath Johnson, but peeled off. Hall did the same to cover another player who was in his area.

Yes, clearly Jackson was ineffective and one dimentional this game. :ols:

That deep threat in no way shape or form opens things up for other players.

What terrible player!

How do you know it wasn't for Maclin? He has more catches and TD's than Jackson this year, plus he has the speed to quickly beat teams deep down the field.

Um, the one drop led directly to a McNabb interception.

That has nothing to do with anything. Drops happen to everyone and the play you're talking about wasn't even a drop. McNabb threw it behind Moss. You ain't gotta lie to kick it, Craig.

By the way, just cuz you went off on the drop tangent,

Moss 2 Drops on 78 targets

Jackson 3 Drops on 43 targets

also

Moss catches 65.4 percent

Jackson catches 58.3 percent of his passes

Just some facts for you to chew on

That has nothing to do with anything. Drops happen to everyone and the play you're talking about wasn't even a drop. McNabb threw it behind Moss. You ain't gotta lie to kick it, Craig.

By the way, just cuz you went off on the drop tangent,

Moss 2 Drops on 78 targets

Jackson 3 Drops on 43 targets

also

Moss catches 65.4 percent

Jackson catches 58.3 percent of his passes

Just some facts for you to chew on

The ball Moss 'dropped' was definitely a catchable ball. And in NO WAY was it behind him. They showed it several times. Gruden, I think it was, even pointed out that it was a drop. A drop isn't just where a guy has the ball bounce off his chest, and to the ground. Its also where you short-arm a pass, or in Moss's case, don't put a helluva lot of effort into catching it. Not sure if he was scared of taking a hit there or what. But he most definitely should have caught it. Watch it again.

Btw, how about posting each players' TD receptions, or yards per catch. I find it comical that you think its such a positive thing that Moss has one less drop than Jackson. lol Wow, man. Talk about reaching.

The ball Moss 'dropped' was definitely a catchable ball. And in NO WAY was it behind him. They showed it several times. Gruden, I think it was, even pointed out that it was a drop. A drop isn't just where a guy has the ball bounce off his chest, and to the ground. Its also where you short-arm a pass, or in Moss's case, don't put a helluva lot of effort into catching it. Not sure if he was scared of taking a hit there or what. But he most definitely should have caught it. Watch it again.

Btw, how about posting each players' TD receptions, or yards per catch. I find it comical that you think its such a positive thing that Moss has one less drop than Jackson. lol Wow, man. Talk about reaching.

You brought up the drops like it's Moss' big failing. He drops fewer balls on many more targets. That's the bottom line of that tangent, now isn't it? Now since you can't bag on drops you gotta go in a different direction. Again, none of this has anything to do witht he fact that Desean SHORT ARMS PASSES. That's the discussion. Stick to it. Try to not be so biased.

You brought up the drops like it's Moss' big failing. He drops fewer balls on many more targets. That's the bottom line of that tangent, now isn't it? Now since you can't bag on drops you gotta go in a different direction. Again, none of this has anything to do witht he fact that Desean SHORT ARMS PASSES. That's the discussion. Stick to it. Try to not be so biased.

I merely brought up the drops because there were guys in this thread that said they would take Moss over Jackson on their team. That, and one of his drops directly caused an INT.

If all you got is Deseasn short arms passes, then I don't know what to tell you. All I know is that when he does catch it its usually going for a long gain. And, as was on display Monday, they often are taken to the house.

Again, don't show me trivial stats about one guy having one less drop than another. Show me the most relevant of stats like number of TD receptions. Yards after catch. Yards per catch etc.

Please don't tell me you are another one of those that would take Moss over Jackson? I thought that discussion had pretty much been put to rest.

I merely brought up the drops because there were guys in this thread that said they would take Moss over Jackson on their team. That, and one of his drops directly caused an INT.

If all you got is Deseasn short arms passes, then I don't know what to tell you. All I know is that when he does catch it its usually going for a long gain. And, as was on display Monday, they often are taken to the house.

Again, don't show me trivial stats about one guy having one less drop than another. Show me the most relevant of stats like number of TD receptions. Yards after catch. Yards per catch etc.

Please don't tell me you are another one of those that would take Moss over Jackson? I thought that discussion had pretty much been put to rest.

Stop trying to sidestep. You brought up the drops. Not me.

You sure that none of Desean's drops led to INT's? I'm just sayin'.

Besides, that second angle they showed of the INT showed that Moss barely got his fingers on it and they even mentioned it was thrown behind.

That's neither here nor there. This thread isn't a Moss/Desean comparison. It's about Desean punking out and not going for a ball when there was a defender in the vicinity and there was a chance that he would have been hit after making the catch. He Todd Pinkston'd it. That's the whole premise of this thread.

By the way, in case you haven't noticed, you're totally biased for Desean. You aren't the level headed fan you think you are if you can't acknowledge the things that Moss does well in comparison to your man crush. First you try to lock in on drops, which you brought up the other day before the game, by the way. So that excuse that you only brought it up since it led to an INT (allegedly) doesn't fly.

Then when that doesn't go your way you try to change the parameters of the discussion by bringing even more irrelevancy into it with other stats. None of it changes the fact that when the Eagles needed a catch from Desean that wasn't a go route or in a bunch of empty space, he shriveled up.

:rotflmao:

Uh....when did gritzrgreat start this thread? That's news to me, I realize your bias won't allow you to comprehend the OP which clearly states (from SonnyJ) -

"While he is undoubtedly an explosive and dynamic player, is there any question as to whether he is the biggest ***** to every play in the NFL, possibly ever? The guy avoids contact more than a vampire avoids sunlight.

Yes, he's a homerun hitter and he has done more than all the Redskin 2nd round picks from 2008 combined. That said, I would hate to have such a girl on the Redskins. Toughness is a big part of the NFL creed. I wonder how he's viewed in the Eagle locker room - I gotta feel that there is a certain lack of respect from his teammates."

You continue to avoid this. Just because one person said something in the middle of the thread does not change the topic of the thread. I understand that you really love deseana, and thats fine, you two can go spend some quality time together, not that there's anything wrong with that....but this thread has never been about the agenda you are trying to create.

I would never want this prick on my team, I don't care how good he is.

I only wish Sean had a chance to play against this clown so he could find out what a real hit feels like.

This is exactly what this thread is about, why I don't want deseana on my team, and I only wish Sean coulda laid this dude out.

Stop trying to sidestep. You brought up the drops. Not me.

You sure that none of Desean's drops led to INT's? I'm just sayin'.

Besides, that second angle they showed of the INT showed that Moss barely got his fingers on it and they even mentioned it was thrown behind.

That's neither here nor there. This thread isn't a Moss/Desean comparison. It's about Desean punking out and not going for a ball when there was a defender in the vicinity and there was a chance that he would have been hit after making the catch. He Todd Pinkston'd it. That's the whole premise of this thread.

By the way, in case you haven't noticed, you're totally biased for Desean. You aren't the level headed fan you think you are if you can't acknowledge the things that Moss does well in comparison to your man crush. First you try to lock in on drops, which you brought up the other day before the game, by the way. So that excuse that you only brought it up since it led to an INT (allegedly) doesn't fly.

Then when that doesn't go your way you try to change the parameters of the discussion by bringing even more irrelevancy into it with other stats. None of it changes the fact that when the Eagles needed a catch from Desean that wasn't a go route or in a bunch of empty space, he shriveled up.

You OBVIOUSLY don't get it :rolleyes:

If his name isn't DeSean Jackson or he doesn't wear green with wings on his helmet, he's OBVIOUSLY not a good player. I've been trying to tell this guy the same thing over and over, and he keeps ignoring the points we bring up to continue his agenda.

"While he is undoubtedly an explosive and dynamic player, is there any question as to whether he is the biggest ***** to every play in the NFL, possibly ever? The guy avoids contact more than a vampire avoids sunlight.

Yes, he's a homerun hitter and he has done more than all the Redskin 2nd round picks from 2008 combined. That said, I would hate to have such a girl on the Redskins. Toughness is a big part of the NFL creed. I wonder how he's viewed in the Eagle locker room - I gotta feel that there is a certain lack of respect from his teammates."

I know it was part of the original post, but the last part is laughable. If I'm Trent Cole, I'm loving DJ for putting up quick, fast points, that allows me to focus more on what I do best: Track meet rushing the QB.

This is exactly what this thread is about, why I don't want deseana on my team, and I only wish Sean coulda laid this dude out.

I get that he's irritating for opposing fans. But calling him a girl makes me think people don't understand football, or even more so: physics. You don't send a 165# burner on drag routes across the middle, routinely. Eventually he's going to meet a 250# LB. Same reason you tell your QB to slide. Everyone wants a Calvin Johnson, but unfortunately there aren't many of them, and they normally go in the top-5-6 positions of the draft. DJ is routinely doubled, stretches the field vertically and laterally, while still making TD catches of his own. He has plenty of underneath catches/end-arounds to prove that he is not only a deep-threat.

What cracks me up, in a sad way, is how people who don't like him want him to get hurt, because he's using his skills to do what he is paid to do. Like I said, I get why people don't like him. But be honest with yourselves in why you're picking his game apart.

:ols: And has tats?

I honestly think that's one reason some people feel the way they do about Vick, yet they disguise it by saying it's because he tortured dogs.

You really think people dislike Vick because he's black? I realize there is racism that exists, but people that hate on Vick have a lot more reasons to than the color of his skin. His douchebaggery and Valtrex giftbags to his lovers is reazon enough

You really think people dislike Vick because he's black? I realize there is racism that exists, but people that hate on Vick have a lot more reasons to than the color of his skin. His douchebaggery and Valtrex giftbags to his lovers is reazon enough

hahahahaha, i can just imagine a hotel style giftbag waiting for any person willing to get with this guy, lol

Not saying he's perfect, but can you deny that from all appearances since he's gotten out of jail that he has turned his life around?

And, yes, I do think people dislike Vick because he's black. Actually, I don't think, I know. They use his past to have a reason to continue to hate him. But hey, it's America, they have a right to hate him, as well as DJ.

Not saying he's perfect, but can you deny that from all appearances since he's gotten out of jail that he has turned his life around?

And, yes, I do think people dislike Vick because he's black. Actually, I don't think, I know. They use his past to have a reason to continue to hate him. But hey, it's America, they have a right to hate him, as well as DJ.

wow, ignorance is bliss huh? if you want to argue race please take it to the tailgate. i don't think its a big deal to talk vick in a deseana thread but once you start pulling the race card you need to take it to the tailgate, ATN is NOT the place to bring that kind of stuff up.

Archived