Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeSeanA Jackson...

SonnyJ

Guys, just admit you're really Eagles fans so we can lock this thread and go home. No one wants him on this team because he's an Eagle and obviously doesn't like some of the players we have on this team. So, **** him then. He's not special. There's always another playmaking receiver. We might not have one, but that doesn't mean we need him. We'll get ours eventually, and then it's game on. I don't want Dez Bryant or Miles Austin either. **** them too. Call me a homer, I'm proud to be biased for my team. It's called being a loyal fan. You don't expect us to nitpick every little thing about a guy that burns us every season? We're supposed to fall to our knees and suck his ****? No, sir, **** DeSean Jackson.

wow, ignorance is bliss huh? if you want to argue race please take it to the tailgate. i don't think its a big deal to talk vick in a deseana thread but once you start pulling the race card you need to take it to the tailgate, ATN is NOT the place to bring that kind of stuff up.

First, I didn't bring up the race card; dockeryfan facetiously did. And second, it definitely has a place in "Around the League" because it's almost impossible to deny that it exists.

As to "ignorance is bliss", my quote was: "Not saying he's perfect, but can you deny that from all appearances since he's gotten out of jail that he has turned his life around?" So if not having proof from media sources (who would LOVE to catch him messing up) is ignorance, then I'm guilty.

Now, back to DJ being a wimp for not playing like Earl Campbell! That's more fun.

Guys, just admit you're really Eagles fans so we can lock this thread and go home. No one wants him on this team because he's an Eagle and obviously doesn't like some of the players we have on this team. So, **** him then. He's not special. There's always another playmaking receiver. We might not have one, but that doesn't mean we need him. We'll get ours eventually, and then it's game on. I don't want Dez Bryant or Miles Austin either. **** them too. Call me a homer, I'm proud to be biased for my team. It's called being a loyal fan. You don't expect us to nitpick every little thing about a guy that burns us every season? We're supposed to fall to our knees and suck his ****? No, sir, **** DeSean Jackson.

I am. :)

And I TOTALLY agree/understand your point of view. You're supposed to say that about opposition. But seriously, you wouldn't take Dez Bryant? I think if Skins fans could get used to having Prime Time on their team they could get used to anyone, and Bryant is good. Real good. Rest of us NFCE fans are going to be regretting not getting him.

Exactly, and this has been said throughout the thread, call me a homer, I am and proud of it. I don't want any players from any of the East teams, heck when I first heard we got dmac I knew he was better than campbell but I still wasn't happy about getting someone from any of the East teams. I don't want any of them, I dislike them, and more to the point I don't like deseana or his glass jaw.

First, I didn't bring up the race card; dockeryfan facetiously did. And second, it definitely has a place in "Around the League" because it's almost impossible to deny that it exists.

As to "ignorance is bliss", my quote was: "Not saying he's perfect, but can you deny that from all appearances since he's gotten out of jail that he has turned his life around?" So if not having proof from media sources (who would LOVE to catch him messing up) is ignorance, then I'm guilty.

Now, back to DJ being a wimp for not playing like Earl Campbell! That's more fun.

You are the one who continues to perpetuate the situation, and it does not belong in ATN at all. If you think it exists against Vick, prove it, stop running your opinions like facts.

I find it funny that throughout this entire thread we have posted facts and stats and points, and everytime we do you argue something else. Lol, you changed the subject to RACE so that you didn't have to actually debate anyone. That's you, good job guy!

And I TOTALLY agree/understand your point of view. You're supposed to say that about opposition. But seriously, you wouldn't take Dez Bryant? I think if Skins fans could get used to having Prime Time on their team they could get used to anyone, and Bryant is good. Real good. Rest of us NFCE fans are going to be regretting not getting him.

No, no we won't because we don't want someone with the character issues this guy has. Dude couldn't even give the guard a $10 bill after he found his $50,000 earring in the middle of the field, at GIANTS STADIUM, WTHeck?! That may not be a big deal in the big spectrum but I don't see him any different than Michael Irvin.

I'd rather we find our own receiver worthy of the burgundy of gold. Someone with class and dignity who goes out there and does his job expecting nothing in return. We need another Art Monk is what we need. Not a Michael Irvin,

Exactly, and this has been said throughout the thread, call me a homer, I am and proud of it. I don't want any players from any of the East teams, heck when I first heard we got dmac I knew he was better than campbell but I still wasn't happy about getting someone from any of the East teams. I don't want any of them, I dislike them, and more to the point I don't like deseana or his glass jaw.

I've no problem with this, because at least you're being honest. You're honestly admitting your judgement is clouded by your bias. Most people can't do that.

You are the one who continues to perpetuate the situation, and it does not belong in ATN at all. If you think it exists against Vick, prove it, stop running your opinions like facts.

Perpetuate would imply that I've posted more than ONCE in this thread my opinion on why some people do not like Desean, Vick, others. I posted ONCE my opinion on the matter.

Unfortunately for you, I only have to find ONE instance to qualify as "fact":

From: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Eagles-picking-up-Vick-s-bonus-hurt-his-starting?urn=nfl-226625&cp=4#comments

"95. Posted by Guess Who Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:15 pm EST Report Abuse

just like a (word removed - go to link if you don't know word) to run out on someone when they pick him up out of a ditch and give him a chance -----turn the dogs loose on him if he wants to ( run something)"

I'd say that qualifies doesn't it? Only took me a minute to find that.

I find it funny that throughout this entire thread we have posted facts and stats and points, and everytime we do you argue something else. Lol, you changed the subject to RACE so that you didn't have to actually debate anyone. That's you, good job guy!

I didn't change subject, as I previously stated. I agreed with a tongue-in-cheek race comment made by dockeryfan, saying I thought it really did play a part of why people don't like them.

It's impossible to debate with someone(s) that continually use infantile speak (DeSeanA, girl, b***h, etc.). If you want to talk football, I'd love to.

No, no we won't because we don't want someone with the character issues this guy has. Dude couldn't even give the guard a $10 bill after he found his $50,000 earring in the middle of the field, at GIANTS STADIUM, WTHeck?! That may not be a big deal in the big spectrum but I don't see him any different than Michael Irvin.

Hypocrisy of NFL fans. What character issues? None of the Skins have character issues?

I'd rather we find our own receiver worthy of the burgundy of gold. Someone with class and dignity who goes out there and does his job expecting nothing in return. We need another Art Monk is what we need. Not a Michael Irvin,

I don't understand the "worthy of burgandy and gold" part, but I do understand wanting to get your own receiver. Getting an Art Monk obviously is not that easy. He was a great receiver and person as well. He, Green, Mitchell were all players I respected highly on those Skins teams.

I like Maclin's personality much more than Jackson. Jackson's gloating does rub me the wrong way, but in the true spirit of NFL fan blindness, I overlook it. :) Unfortunately, WRs are learning from TO and Ocho that tooting your own horn will keep you in the spotlight.

I don't understand the "worthy of burgandy and gold" part, but I do understand wanting to get your own receiver. Getting an Art Monk obviously is not that easy. He was a great receiver and person as well. He, Green, Mitchell were all players I respected highly on those Skins teams.

I like Maclin's personality much more than Jackson. Jackson's gloating does rub me the wrong way, but in the true spirit of NFL fan blindness, I overlook it. :) Unfortunately, WRs are learning from TO and Ocho that tooting your own horn will keep you in the spotlight.

I agree with the worthy of B & G thing. Every team has their share of criminals, douchebags and asshats. We had Riggins (asshat), Manley (criminal/drug addict/illiterate) and Schroeder (douchebag) on our SB teams. As a Redskin fan I hate that some of our fans think that the teams Gibbs had were so virtuous/angelic. Even the Steelers have had their share and they are looked at as the "model" franchise in the NFL.

There are Redskins fans. There are football fans. It is possible to be both, but many in this thread sound like they are only Redskins fans. Desean Jackson is annoying as hell, but he is an awesome football player. Any fan of the game of football would admit that.

Not saying he's perfect, but can you deny that from all appearances since he's gotten out of jail that he has turned his life around?
The key word there is appearances. Unlike a Mike Williams, Plax, or even Dante Stallworth (who I think committed a much more serious crime), Vick didn't just make a stupid decision or immature mistake. His actions were plain evil.

He funded the dog fighting operation for five years. He didn't just kill the animals, he tortured them to death. He starved the dogs to make them meaner, forced them into life-or-death fights, hanged them, drowned them, slammed them into the ground until they were dead, and poured water on them and then applied electricity. He even threw domesticated, untrained dogs into the ring against the fighters just for fun. He exhibited a sociopathic level of disregard for life over an extended period of time.

Vick may not be committing any felonies at the moment now that he stands the chance to regain the tens of millions he lost by doing so. But as for turning his life around? I question whether the guy even has a conscience. And if a person can grow one, when they never had one to begin with.

And, yes, I do think people dislike Vick because he's black. Actually, I don't think, I know. They use his past to have a reason to continue to hate him. But hey, it's America, they have a right to hate him, as well as DJ.
LOL. You need to take off your Eagle-colored homer shades. Outside of Skins fans, how many people do you think hate Jason Campbell? Are there any calls for him to barred from playing in the league, even by his biggest Skins fan detractors? People hate Vick because he is a thug. And I don't mean that in the thinly veiled all black people = thugs way. I mean that in the blatantly obvious, no one can honestly disagree with that statement kind of way.

There are Redskins fans. There are football fans. It is possible to be both, but many in this thread sound like they are only Redskins fans. Desean Jackson is annoying as hell, but he is an awesome football player. Any fan of the game of football would admit that.
Only if they set the bar for awesome football player fairly low.

I think Maclin is a more complete and versitile receiver than Jackson, yet Jackson is apparently the star. Now that you mention it, I've never seen Maclin gloat either, but he's still an Eagle, so **** him.

The 'worthy of burgundy and gold' comment refers to getting receivers like Monk that didn't seek praise or attention and just did their jobs well.

I think Maclin is a more complete and versitile receiver than Jackson, yet Jackson is apparently the star. Now that you mention it, I've never seen Maclin gloat either, but he's still an Eagle, so **** him.

The 'worthy of burgundy and gold' comment refers to getting receivers like Monk that didn't seek praise or attention and just did their jobs well.

Um, I dont get this. Worthy of what? Did your father tell you about the greatness of the Skins? The Eagles were champions in 45/46/60. I've met Chuck Badnarik and had lunch with him. Great guy. Ya know what he told me? He hopes the Eagles NEVER win a campionship again. Why? Different game now, players have no respect for the game. Ya see, he worked another job as a concrete mason. They didn't make crap back in 60. You sir were just out of diapers when your beloved skins last won a championship. Quit with the worthy crap. WTF? Don't you see what's happened to pro sports figures? "Character Guys"

I'm not picking on you but I believe you are truly ignorant to todays NFL, or for that matter, the consummate pro athelete.

Now let's talk CEO's. See, same excrement!

Um, I dont get this. Worthy of what? Did your father tell you about the greatness of the Skins? The Eagles were champions in 45/46/60. I've met Chuck Badnarik and had lunch with him. Great guy. Ya know what he told me? He hopes the Eagles NEVER win a campionship again. Why? Different game now, players have no respect for the game. Ya see, he worked another job as a concrete mason. They didn't make crap back in 60. You sir were just out of diapers when your beloved skins last won a championship. Quit with the worthy crap. WTF? Don't you see what's happened to pro sports figures? "Character Guys"

I'm not picking on you but I believe you are truly ignorant to todays NFL, or for that matter, the consummate pro athelete.

Now let's talk CEO's. See, same excrement!

No, my father didn't. He's a Cowboys fan. So, in addition to making presumptions about me, someone you know nothing about, you also make presumptions about my father. Don't maintain the delusion that just because you're older than me that you can talk down to me. I know what a person of strong character is, and if you'd actually read my posts, you'd see I mentioned Art Monk--who is undoubtedly a person of strong character. But I guess I'm too young and ignorant to know anything about that. I better go hop on my skateboard and ride down to the mall while listening to Lil' Wayne on my iPod.

Don't maintain the delusion that just because you're older than me that you can talk down to me.

Besides there are 2 things wrong with his post. One he leaves out the fact that Bednarik is a bitter old man. Right to feel bitter? sure. But he bitter.

Second is there were two champions in 1960. Houston and Philadelphia. So they were kind of co-champions.

Besides there are 2 things wrong with his post. One he leaves out the fact that Bednarik is a bitter old man. Right to feel bitter? sure. But he bitter.

Second is there were two champions in 1960. Houston and Philadelphia. So they were kind of co-champions.

You're right on both accounts. Again, I'm simply stating the obvious. Society has changed, so has the demeanor of the pro player. John Wayne is long gone. Does it suck? Sure does. Are we continually let down by these individuals? Sure are. Tiger Woods? Charles Barkley? Michael Vick? Kobe Bryant? Michael Phelps?...................

The problem here is a simple one. We're at fault. Nobody follows around the trash man and nitpicks his every decision. Of course he's not making millions but who cares. Who are we to decide that because someone is making a tremendous amount of money he should act as if he were the pillar of the community? Look at Hollywood, you'll find the same problems there. What you're really witnessing here is a microcosm of our so called "regular society". The difference is simple, nobody gives a crap about the trash man.

Again, what does money and notoriaty have to do with it? They're athletes. They're NOT role models. Who's fault is it for assuming they must adhere to some obligatory moral compass?

If we spent as much time discussing political issues as we do the world of sports (myself included), our great nation would most likely still be great. I choose to hold my elected officials accountable for their behavior, after all, I voted for them. As far as the individuals playing for the teams I follow? I root for the laundry. I never expected for them all to be Rhode scholars.

Again, what does money and notoriaty have to do with it? They're athletes. They're NOT role models. Who's fault is it for assuming they must adhere to some obligatory moral compass?

Agreed that they don't choose to become role models, but when you're in a position that people look up to and aspire to become, the title of role model is (sometimes unfairly) thrust on you.

When someone has that much media attention (good or bad) they should (not have to, but should) do everything in their power to make sure they give off a good image.

Anyone else see big man Brandon Banks catch that high ball over the middle? All 140 lbs of him? How about Moss? I watched them continually go over the middle yesterday, Jackson....not so much, lol. He knows where he doesn't belong so he stays away.

What about them stats you guys love so much? How many yards/ catch did jackson have? 10? Is that it? I believe Moss is just shy of 18/ catch...take away Jackson's deep game and you have a mediocre WR....pass it on... :secret:

Anyone else see big man Brandon Banks catch that high ball over the middle? All 140 lbs of him? How about Moss? I watched them continually go over the middle yesterday, Jackson....not so much, lol. He knows where he doesn't belong so he stays away.

What about them stats you guys love so much? How many yards/ catch did jackson have? 10? Is that it? I believe Moss is just shy of 18/ catch...take away Jackson's deep game and you have a mediocre WR....pass it on... :secret:

Jackson knows where he doesn't belong so he convinces his coaches to call plays that have routes for him that keeps him where he belongs.

Are you really looking at the same size of one game to determine YPC? Seriously? How about if you look at any larger sample size to include season, career, since the Earth started rotating and get back to us where the two WRs sit in comparison to each other. Thanks.

Jackson knows where he doesn't belong so he convinces his coaches to call plays that have routes for him that keeps him where he belongs.

Are you really looking at the same size of one game to determine YPC? Seriously? How about if you look at any larger sample size to include season, career, since the Earth started rotating and get back to us where the two WRs sit in comparison to each other. Thanks.

Why? Is it because he has been inconsistent and showing his most recent game doesn't help your chest thumping?

O and congratulations, I'm glad the interwebz is working for you today in the middle of nowhere! It must mean the birds won yesterday huh?

Does this mean you agree that he is a piece of glass and is scared to go over the middle? Is that why he asked his coaches to not let him anywhere near it? So you agree that his only game is the deep ball and when you take that away he might as well be the ball boy?

EDIT: And FYI, if you ever visited ATN on the weeks you haven't done well you would notice that we already hashed out deseana's all worldy stats and found out...oh yeah...he's only had one good season, his other season was middle of the pack, and he's on pace to hit that middle of the pack again this year, congrats!

Archived