Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeSeanA Jackson...

SonnyJ

i'm a redskins fan and you're on a redskins board. get a clue. i would apologize for my bias, but i don't have to here. if you don't like it, leave.

the fact remains, the refs could have justified calling it if they wanted. if you think they couldn't, you have trouble comprehending simple rules.

I'm also a Redskins fan. That's precisely why I asked you to stop being a homer. Just because the OP is an Eagles fan doesn't deem everything he says is wrong. And that's clearly your thought process.

I'm also a Redskins fan. That's precisely why I asked you to stop being a homer. Just because the OP is an Eagles fan doesn't deem everything he says is wrong. And that's clearly your thought process.

the op is about desean jackson and if you look back at my posts i have agreed that he is a great player. however, more recently, celj is INCORRECT about his assumptions and i have repeatedly (along with others) called him out.

if you're gonna defend celj's posting history, that's gonna be a lonely and difficult job. i implore you to look back on his history. please quote any of my posts that you take issue with though, b/c i'm really not sure what your problem is.

the op is about desean jackson and if you look back at my posts i have agreed that he is a great player. however, more recently, celj is INCORRECT about his assumptions and i have repeatedly (along with others) called him out.

if you're gonna defend celj's posting history, that's gonna be a lonely and difficult job. i implore you to look back on his history. please quote any of my posts that you take issue with though, b/c i'm really not sure what your problem is.

I'm not defending all of the guy's posts. Just the one about the Giants-Eagles game. I think you were the one agreeing with the Giants fan, that they should have called a penalty on the Jackson return. And that it cost the Giants the game. Both are completely laughable. And incorrect.

I'm not defending all of the guy's posts. Just the one about the Giants-Eagles game. I think you were the one agreeing with the Giants fan, that they should have called a penalty on the Jackson return. And that it cost the Giants the game. Both are completely laughable. And incorrect.

i don't care if it cost them the game or not. my whole point is the refs could've made that call. it's that simple. could...have. to say they definitely will never ever make that call is ignorant and wrong and that is what celj said. and what i disagreed with. not sure why that makes me a homer, but there is worse things to be called. like a cowboys fan...it's not like this matters, the redskins won today anyways so it's a great day.

Tweed has been the most vocal poster here on ES chiding me for not posting within 15 minutes of any Eagles loss.

Now it is Wednesday and he is on hiatus. Too funny. Maybe he just realized that Jackson is the truth!

I'm soooo sorry westy/bania/vicks bf, I went on vacation and apparently in Champion/Seven Springs PA they only show Steelers games...period. That combined with the fact that I purposefully left my laptop at the house means I would not be posting, did you miss me?

I really could care less what you think about me not posting over the past week, my history hasn't changed, I haven't been the guy who consistentnly disappears after a loss (like you) so I'm sure I will get cut some slack unlike you. I have been here for every loss, every week, and everyone knows you disappear when you lose. It's your MO little guy, don't worry, we all believe you :rolleyes:

It's hard to compare Moss and Jackson simply by looking at total receptions. The Eagles offense is 100x more dynamic than the Skins and they simply have many more options. It makes the Eagles much more dangerous to spread the ball around. Jackson opens up tons of space and coverage for the rest of the team.

Maclin has close to 1000 yards and 10tds.

Avant has over 50 receptions.

McCoy has close to 70 receptions.

Jackson is never going to be a 100 reception a year guy. He is going to be a 1000 yard guy who averages a very high YPC and makes every player around him better. I can't say the same thing for Moss, on the same or even close to the same level.

No homer glasses.....just my honest opinion.

It's hard to compare Moss and Jackson simply by looking at total receptions. The Eagles offense is 100x more dynamic than the Skins and they simply have many more options. It makes the Eagles much more dangerous to spread the ball around. Jackson opens up tons of space and coverage for the rest of the team.

Maclin has close to 1000 yards and 10tds.

Avant has over 50 receptions.

McCoy has close to 70 receptions.

Jackson is never going to be a 100 reception a year guy. He is going to be a 1000 yard guy who averages a very high YPC and makes every player around him better. I can't say the same thing for Moss, on the same or even close to the same level.

No homer glasses.....just my honest opinion.

not homer at all...very accurate actually......and no one can honestly put santana moss with desean jackson.....dJack >>> Santana......its not even a close debate

Well, I think Santana Moss is pretty damned good. If I were a Skins fan, I'd have a hard time forgiving him for quitting during the GB game 2 years ago and removing himself when he was 100 percent healthy, but that's another story. He has his head on straight and is the only real dynamic offensive option in the Skins arsenol right now.

Also, he has those stats in 3 more games played than Jackson this year.

Well, I think Santana Moss is pretty damned good. If I were a Skins fan, I'd have a hard time forgiving him for quitting during the GB game 2 years ago and removing himself when he was 100 percent healthy, but that's another story. He has his head on straight and is the only real dynamic offensive option in the Skins arsenol right now.

Also, he has those stats in 3 more games played than Jackson this year.

he is a damn good player .....no doubt, but Djack is at another level entirely.....he is flying up the charts "literally"

i dont ever believe that ya have to put down a player to compare him to another.......i always hated that type of debating...but in this case...two VERY good WR's, one is just at a higher level....

Even in Moss' prime he was never as good as Jackson. However, one thing I respect about Moss is his consistency. The Redskins QB situation has been like a NYC subway turnstile but Moss consistently is at around 1,000 yards even with no #2 WR threat until this year. To top it off he's tiny compared to most #1 WR's.

True he had an absolute terrible GB a couple years back, but he has also won us some games and made some eye-popping plays on his own. The only think I look for right now from Jackson is consistency. You don't have to win every game by yourself, just stay available by being healthy and let's see a few more years at around 1,000 yards. I think those showboating celebrations are stupid, but if he's making plays who gives a **** what i think about it?

Edit: How the hell does Desean Jackson only have like 50 YAC?? Is that for real?

so lets get the over under going on how many lame dances he does tomorrow night, how many bird flaps he does, and how many stupid comments he makes after the game.

another hilarious piece to how lame this clown is, anybody notice the one game they got embarrassed by the bears, is the one game where jackson pouted on the sidelines, cried about his contract, and was considered a major distraction? classic.

when you win, garbage like this becomes cute and fun. if the eagles choke in the playoffs and djax is still acting like a douche, watching philly turn on him is gonna be legendary.

I can't believe we passed on him twice and he was taken right after we took Fred ****ing Davis...

"Fred ****ing Davis" is one HELL of a ******* receiving TE. Just we have a complete dumbass of an OC that hasn't got a clue how to utilize what talent he actually does have at his disposal. Like the other top caliber TE we have who's been kept in to block rather than do what he does best all year.

Oh, and I still stick to Kelly being the most talented wide-out from the '08 class. Sadly, the fact he can't keep healthy long enough to make the darn field makes that argument harder to have.

Hail.

btw Eagles fans, I keep forgetting to post about Lesean Mccoy. I believe he is even more valuable to the team than jackson. True Jackson has made great plays, but I've seen Mccoy pick up countless 1st downs that extend drives to make many of those Jackson plays possible. He's so under-valued i forgot to even post about him. he's definitely lost in the shuffle b/c of vick and jackson, but he's at least as valuable to that team as Vick. If he was named the pro-bowl starter i wouldn't have put up a fight. He's a modern day Marshall Faulk when in todays game most starters aren't like that.

DeSean is looking really mediocre tonight. There have been a lot of times that he could have done a lot more (the INT, the play he just sat and waited for Vick to throw it). Not nearly as much of a threat, and teams now know how to beat the Eagles. When he can't do his run by everyone thing he's hardly an "elite" WR, and the Vikings and their depleted secondary are proving that. Not even the "threat" of him is scaring them.

Archived