Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeSeanA Jackson...

SonnyJ

there are plenty of "kids" out there on the football field, much better than he is, not acting like goddamn clowns.

again, dunta robinson already hooked us all up, someone will hook us up again.

You do realize that Robinson got knocked out of that game on that hit, too, right? Yeah, he laid the wood to Jackson, sure. But he also paid for it, himself.

---------- Post added December-22nd-2010 at 02:10 AM ----------

No. I actually think he's a bit of a douche myself. I also said that I don't think every person on this forums thinks that way. I just think that if you guys were honest with yourselves you'd admit that if he was on any other team, or if he was in a redskins jersey, his antics wouldnt bother you half as much as you say they do

You're 100% right. But because you're an Eagles fan, no one is really gonna agree with you.

FWIW, I can't stand Landry's stupid poses after he makes a tackle. Especially when its about 8-10 yards (or more) downfield. Seriously?

And Moss. Don't get me started on this guy. The stupid ball spin thing was played out about 8 years ago, I think. At least he's sorta cut down on the stupid first down signal. I'd be willing to bet Shanahan played a role in that.:)

Tweed has been the most vocal poster here on ES chiding me for not posting within 15 minutes of any Eagles loss.

Now it is Wednesday and he is on hiatus. Too funny. Maybe he just realized that Jackson is the truth!

I like how this thread has morphed from Jackson is not very good or special to man, I really hate that guy!! :ols:

I like how this thread has morphed from Jackson is not very good or special to man, I really hate that guy!! :ols:
I don't actually think there was a time when the rest of us didn't hate Desean. Even Eagles fans recognize that he's a douchebag. And while he may be a good WR, he's certainly not a special one. Well... unless you meant to use the other definition of special.

FWIW, I can't stand Landry's stupid poses after he makes a tackle. Especially when its about 8-10 yards (or more) downfield. Seriously?

What really hurts is that when Landry and Hall showed the worst of themselves, it was DJax who made them pay. Ouch. :)

I hope LL learned something that night, but I won't bet on it.

As for Jackson's celebrations, I will say this- That guy truly wants to see how much he can get away with before he crosses the goal line. It's the only problem I have with him. He wants to ridicule his opponent for as long as he can before he scores. He embarrassed himself doing that once and didn't learn.

Tweed has been the most vocal poster here on ES chiding me for not posting within 15 minutes of any Eagles loss.

Now it is Wednesday and he is on hiatus. Too funny. Maybe he just realized that Jackson is the truth!

There are players like DeSean throughout all sports. You gonna love him if he's on your team, and hate him if your playing against him. That's the sign of a great player.

It's the same thing with a team like the Giants. They would call themselves a "physical" defense. I would call them straight-up dirty, no questions asked.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/101221_tuesday_morning_quarterback&sportCat=nfl

Jackson is electrifying. But when he broke into the clear for the touchdown that would make this the first NFL game won by a punt return on the final play, he began waving the ball in the air at the G-Men 30-yard line even though he had already lost a fumble earlier in the quarter. Stop showboating! Dance after you score, not before. If Jackson loses the ball while showboating in the playoffs -- and once in high school and once in the NFL, Jackson has lost the ball while showboating on a long play -- he's going to look like an idiot.

Sooner or later, he's gonna learn a hard lesson.

he's already had the chance to learn. he's not gonna change now. he'll keep making plays and if his showboating robs his team he won't care b/c he's that selfish. if he wasn't, he wouldn't take any chances with the lively-hoods of the rest of his team.

dallas game, rookie season. thats all i have to say. inexcusable.

he's already had the chance to learn. he's not gonna change now. he'll keep making plays and if his showboating robs his team he won't care b/c he's that selfish. if he wasn't, he wouldn't take any chances with the lively-hoods of the rest of his team.

dallas game, rookie season. thats all i have to say. inexcusable.

That was pretty damn hilarious. I thought "there's no way that just happened."

That was pretty damn hilarious. I thought "there's no way that just happened."

if you wanna go back further you can check out that HS All-America game i believe. he did the kartwheel using the ball to push off the ground with, except he left the ball on the groud lol. started his "gymnast routine" about 5 yards to early. judges were not impressed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/DeSean-Jackson-s-punt-return-TD-could-have-been-?urn=nfl-299786

DeSean Jackson's punt return TD could have been called back

By Chris Chase

DeSean Jackson's(notes) goal-line grandstanding could have caused his miraculous game-winning punt return to be wiped out, a review of FOX replays show.

As the Philadelphia Eagles return man was running parallel to the end zone, delaying his touchdown for maximum showboating effectiveness, a number of his teammates ran onto the field from the sideline, a clear violation of the NFL's "too many men on the field" rules.

The new wrinkle on Jackson's return was first noticed at BallHyped.com. Because he took a turn at the 6-yard line instead of running into the end zone, a number of his teammates and some coaches spilled out onto the field in anticipation of his touchdown, which didn't come until a few seconds later. A flag could have been thrown, bringing back the touchdown and sending the game to overtime.

Link for more...

they would never make that call

it had zero affect of the play

i guess you've never seen the thousands of clips that are called on punt returns that have zero affect on the play. another great example of your intelligence. there's this game called football, you should try watching it sometime.

I like the non call. No sense letting a ref decide the game in that spot.

I also like the non-call in that spot. However if refs want to make a seriuos point about those sideline violations on punt returns; they could make that ugly call at any time. That Jets knee incident brings a whole other level of scrutiny to the sidelines on returns. The giants game was already over in my mind. The eagles were going to win with or without that return. And in that situation there was no need to throw a flag.

I would like to see the refs start making calls on a few returns that don't go for TDs or decide the game though, just to get the point across that off-field players and coaches should stay off the field and not be anywhere near affecting the play on the field. The rules are pretty cut and dry and are violated almost every game.

"In a memo to each of the league's 32 teams after Alosi's trip of Miami Dolphins player Nolan Carroll(notes), it was stated that only coaches and substitution players are allowed within six feet of the back sideline stripe"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/DeSean-Jackson-s-punt-return-TD-could-have-been-?urn=nfl-299786

i guess you've never seen the thousands of clips that are called on punt returns that have zero affect on the play. another great example of your intelligence. there's this game called football, you should try watching it sometime.

again those calls are different

none of the eagles players that were on the field touched a player in play

also tommy c was on the field......go complain about that my son

good non call........the refs would never make that call 100 out of 100 times

again those calls are different

none of the eagles players that were on the field touched a player in play

also tommy c was on the field......go complain about that my son

good non call........the refs would never make that call 100 out of 100 times

if that's the case they could've called off-setting penalties and redo the down my daughter. anything else you want to be wrong about today?

if that's the case they could've called off-setting penalties and redo the down my daughter. anything else you want to be wrong about today?

exactly why it was a non call......

neither had any affect on the 22 players on the field......you understand now my son

exactly why it was a non call......

neither had any affect on the 22 players on the field......you understand now my son

your thick skull must not allow you to understand that it could've been called which is the whole point. show me in the rules where it says the refs must make non-calls at certain times. it's ok my whorish step-daughter, you're not loved enough and now you're on crack. i've failed as a father and i apologize to the rest of the board for your actions.

your thick skull must not allow you to understand that it could've been called which is the whole point. show me in the rules where it says the refs must make non-calls at certain times. it's ok my whorish step-daughter, you're not loved enough and now you're on crack. i've failed as a father and i apologize to the rest of the board for your actions.

it may be rule book but 100 out of 100 refs wont make that call is the point

and neither do you

you sound mad

but i would put a good amount of dead prezzy that if you asked 100 refs is they would have thrown a flag there 101 refs would have said no

i never claimed to know what they would call, only what they COULD. go ahead and survey those refs. if not pipe down and go spend that "dead prezzy". wow dude you have a lot of street cred. your friends, assuming you have more than one, probably think you have baller status. but that is a huge assumption.

Archived