Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeSeanA Jackson...

SonnyJ

I'm not arguing that they weren't on the field before he scored. But it doesn't matter. You don't throw a flag in that situation. I'm sorry, you just don't. Again, those few players on the field had NO bearing whatsover with Jackson scoring, or preventing the Giants from stopping him. He was gonna score, regardless. Its nothing but sour grapes. You're a Giants fan. Your team surrendered a 21 point lead with 8 minutes left to go in the 4th.It should have never even came down to that play. Stop whining. And the rest of those saying there should have been a flag are known Jackson haters. Get over it, guys.

In the Manning example, the 12th guy on the field is running off, he doesn't have an affect on the outcome of the play, but he's still flagged. When refs call a block in the back or clip that doesn't affect the outcome of a return, it's the exact same principle. On a roughing the passer penalty, there are times when the roughing happens after a completion or incompletion, and it doesn't affect the outcome. Just because it "doesn't affect the play" doesn't mean it shouldn't be called. If it's illegal, then it should be called.

If it had happened in a Redskins game, you'd have been off your rocker wanting it to be called. It's not hating to say it should have been called.

I'm not arguing that they weren't on the field before he scored. But it doesn't matter. You don't throw a flag in that situation. I'm sorry, you just don't. Again, those few players on the field had NO bearing whatsover with Jackson scoring, or preventing the Giants from stopping him. He was gonna score, regardless. Its nothing but sour grapes. You're a Giants fan. Your team surrendered a 21 point lead with 8 minutes left to go in the 4th.It should have never even came down to that play. Stop whining. And the rest of those saying there should have been a flag are known Jackson haters. Get over it, guys.
LOL. The Eagles broke the rules. The refs missed it, and Desean Jackson's TD return should have been called back. According to NFL rules, everything I just wrote is 100% accurate. It's too bad that your man crush on Desean won't allow you to see that.

i still don't understand the thought that just b/c it didn't affect the ball carrier it shouldn't have been called.

I'm sure we all have watched games where our team was shafted b/c they made a call on the other side of the field that didn't mean anything to the play. In this thread we act like it's never happened before. Give me a break.

Are you saying that it is unreasonable to complain about the refs blowing a call that costs a team a game?

it didnt cost any team the game

there could be a flag in the NFL on every single play.........do you want the refs to stop the game every single play, b/c you do you every play can have an affect on who wins and loses a game

blowing a 21 point lead with 8min cost them the game

move on....

it didnt cost any team the game

there could be a flag in the NFL on every single play.........do you want the refs to stop the game every single play, b/c you do you every play can have an affect on who wins and loses a game

blowing a 21 point lead with 8min cost them the game

move on....

I want the rules to apply equally to all teams. The Giants were flagged for it the week before, and the Cardinals were flagged for it just yesterday. This was an obvious penalty on a critical play, and it cost the Giants the game against the Eagles.

I want the rules to apply equally to all teams. The Giants were flagged for it the week before, and the Cardinals were flagged for it just yesterday. This was an obvious penalty on a critical play, and it cost the Giants the game against the Eagles.

i think it's in the official ES rules to not use reasoning with celj.

so why arent you complaining that there wasnt a flag on TC for being on the field during the same play?

---------- Post added December-26th-2010 at 09:23 PM ----------

good one, your a pretty funny dude....keep it up

Are you saying that it is unreasonable to complain about the refs blowing a call that costs a team a game?

It didn't cost your team the game. Your defense did. Remember, you guys were leading 31-10 with about 8:00 to play. Stop complaining. You blow a lead in the 4th like that you don't deserve to win a game. And you don't deserve to be bailed out by the refs.

---------- Post added December-26th-2010 at 08:29 PM ----------

Wake up. He's actually right about this.

It didn't cost your team the game. Your defense did. Remember, you guys were leading 31-10 with about 8:00 to play. Stop complaining. You blow a lead in the 4th like that you don't deserve to win a game. And you don't deserve to be bailed out by the refs.

---------- Post added December-26th-2010 at 08:29 PM ----------

Wake up. He's actually right about this.

he's not right and his claims have already been refuted. learn to read.

Stop being a homer.

i'm a redskins fan and you're on a redskins board. get a clue. i would apologize for my bias, but i don't have to here. if you don't like it, leave.

the fact remains, the refs could have justified calling it if they wanted. if you think they couldn't, you have trouble comprehending simple rules.

it is pre planed and the player leaves the field of play

if desean scores a TD and runs off field into the tunnel and dances it would be a flag

Leaving the field of play doesn't make it illegal, and if it were preplanned, it would happen every time. I've seen plenty of Packer TDs that didn't get the leap.

Leaving the field of play doesn't make it illegal, and if it were preplanned, it would happen every time. I've seen plenty of Packer TDs that didn't get the leap.[/QUOTE]

really?

also back to the point refs could call a flag on every play......but they have to use their judgement and thats what they get paid for

Yes, really. It happens when you watch football other than your team. Favre didn't do the leap every time when he ran in a TD, neither have their RBs.

in his last 10 years with the packers he had 3 rushing tds at home......so i guess that proves your point 100% right that its not preplaned for packers players to do the leap

in his last 10 years with the packers he had 3 rushing tds at home......so i guess that proves your point 100% right that its not preplaned for packers players to do the leap

So how many rushing TDs do their RBs have at home? Their defense doesn't do it every time on defensive TDs, and just this year I've seen 5 or 6 passing TDs and the receivers not do it.

So how many rushing TDs do their RBs have at home? Their defense doesn't do it every time on defensive TDs, and just this year I've seen 5 or 6 passing TDs and the receivers not do it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Chiefs-get-penalized-for-overdoing-the-La?urn=nfl-300605

the refs were quoted: "only one man is permitted to jump in the stands".

Archived