Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeSeanA Jackson...

SonnyJ

and neither do you

you sound mad

but i would put a good amount of dead prezzy that if you asked 100 refs is they would have thrown a flag there 101 refs would have said no

Imma putza lotsa dough that if ya ask'd da reffies they would tellz ya to STFU.

A hypothetical situation of polling a 100 refs does nothing to help your argument.

imma putza lotsa dough that if ya ask'd da reffies they would tellz ya to stfu.

A hypothetical situation of polling a 100 refs does nothing to help your argument.

don't talk to my step-daughter that way!:ols::ols::ols:

i'm sorry, she gets a little out of control when she tries to ween herself off the crackpipe. those older guys hanging around don't always help either...

they would never make that call

it had zero affect of the play

So I guess the tripping incident shouldn't have drawn a fine or a suspension, as it didn't have an affect on the play.

---------- Post added December-25th-2010 at 01:02 AM ----------

you people are pretty funny

btw djack is on his way to another monster year should finish the year 1500plus total yards and 10plus tds

stud

400 yards in the last two games? Good luck with that.

So I guess the tripping incident shouldn't have drawn a fine or a suspension, as it didn't have an affect on the play.

---------- Post added December-25th-2010 at 01:02 AM ----------

400 yards in the last two games? Good luck with that.

did i not say total yards? learn to read

Yeah, he has 1000 receiving, and 100 rushing. That makes 1100. 1500 - 1100 is 400. Learn math.

I think my favorite Christmas gift would be a mercy close of this thread and a lifetime ban of celj. None of us deserve to interact with that level of dumb.

Merry Christmas everyone (including celj).

Yeah, he has 1000 receiving, and 100 rushing. That makes 1100. 1500 - 1100 is 400. Learn math.

I would assume hes talking about punt returns as well...Jackson has 231 of those. So he'd be at ~1400 and only an extremely manageable 100 yds away. At least that's what I hope he was trying to say :ols:

I would assume hes talking about punt returns as well...Jackson has 231 of those. So he'd be at ~1400 and only an extremely manageable 100 yds away. At least that's what I hope he was trying to say :ols:

Well, in that case, Brandon Banks is going to pass 1500 total yards, too. And he has as many return touchdowns as Jackson, not to mention the two or three that he's had called back.

Also in the 1500 yard club: Mark Mariani, Leon Washington, Stefan Logan, and Danny Amendola is going to pass it as well. All of them are just as dangerous in the return game.

I'm not gonna read back 20 pages to find out why there is all the hate for celj1234 and no I'm not a friend of his and don't recall reading any of his other posts.

With that in mind, I agree with him in saying that probably a high percentage (80-90%), not necessarily 100 out of 100 officials would call that penalty. Especially, when the play was way down the field like it was and they were running with the players and not watching the sidelines to see if anyone was on the field.

It's just like everyone knows there is holding on just about every single play, but the refs usually only call the extreme/obvious ones or the ones making a direct impact on the play. My dad is a referee for high school ball (yes, I know it's the NFL not HS) and they have to think that way because they would be throwing flags all the time if they didn't.

Well, in that case, Brandon Banks is going to pass 1500 total yards, too. And he has as many return touchdowns as Jackson, not to mention the two or three that he's had called back.

Also in the 1500 yard club: Mark Mariani, Leon Washington, Stefan Logan, and Danny Amendola is going to pass it as well. All of them are just as dangerous in the return game.

The ones Banks had called back SHOULD have been called back. So to throw that line in there is kinda silly, imo.

---------- Post added December-25th-2010 at 06:12 PM ----------

I'm not gonna read back 20 pages to find out why there is all the hate for celj1234 and no I'm not a friend of his and don't recall reading any of his other posts.

With that in mind, I agree with him in saying that probably a high percentage (80-90%), not necessarily 100 out of 100 officials would call that penalty. Especially, when the play was way down the field like it was and they were running with the players and not watching the sidelines to see if anyone was on the field.

It's just like everyone knows there is holding on just about every single play, but the refs usually only call the extreme/obvious ones or the ones making a direct impact on the play. My dad is a referee for high school ball (yes, I know it's the NFL not HS) and they have to think that way because they would be throwing flags all the time if they didn't.

Exactly. Those guys running on the field had no bearing whatsover on the play. To me, its not much different than when some of the players/coaches from the sidelines are in the field of play during the course of the game, when they probably aren't even aware they are over the line, etc. For instance, when a play is happening on the complete opposite sidelines, and you see players/coaches come out partially on the field to argue a call and/or celebrate a play (as in the Eagles game). No big deal. And for those thinking there should have been a flag there. Get a clue. Seriously.

he needs to avg a little more then 150 yards the next 2 games and he is play 2 horrible secondaries

it could happen

weather could be a big factor tho

---------- Post added December-26th-2010 at 01:20 AM ----------

[.

that coach affected one of the 22 players on the field........none of the eagles did......c the diff

Exactly. Those guys running on the field had no bearing whatsover on the play. To me, its not much different than when some of the players/coaches from the sidelines are in the field of play during the course of the game, when they probably aren't even aware they are over the line, etc. For instance, when a play is happening on the complete opposite sidelines, and you see players/coaches come out partially on the field to argue a call and/or celebrate a play (as in the Eagles game). No big deal. And for those thinking there should have been a flag there. Get a clue. Seriously.
Coughlin got called for that in the Monday night game against Minnesota. Figures that rule only applies to the Giants.

If the men ran on the field, the penalty should have been called. An NFL referee will be the first to tell us all that when they see a call, they make a call. I cannot imagine how many "12 men" calls have been made where the 12th man had no bearing on the outcome of the play. It's a penalty. Period. Why not just not call offsides penalties because the man that was over the LOS had no bearing on the outcome? That's a lame argument.

(Once again though- I like D-Jax. I'm just sayin'.)

The ones Banks had called back SHOULD have been called back. So to throw that line in there is kinda silly, imo.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have, I'm just saying that he has housed three returns, but only one counted. Those penalties didn't "spring" Banks, so he still had work to do to house them.

And just for argument's sake, Riley's clip in the Vikings game was behind Banks, and didn't have any bearing whatsoever on the play, so should the refs have called it? :)

---------- Post added December-25th-2010 at 09:09 PM ----------

If the men ran on the field, the penalty should have been called. An NFL referee will be the first to tell us all that when they see a call, they make a call. I cannot imagine how many "12 men" calls have been made where the 12th man had no bearing on the outcome of the play. It's a penalty. Period. Why not just not call offsides penalties because the man that was over the LOS had no bearing on the outcome? That's a lame argument.

(Once again though- I like D-Jax. I'm just sayin'.)

Exactly. How many times have refs called a clip or a hold that was behind a runner that wouldn't have had any effect on the play? If it's a penalty, it should be called.

I didn't see the Giants-Vikings games. But I'm quite sure it wasn't the same as the Jackson return. Do you really think the refs are gonna call that in that position?...Really?

They'd get railed for "deciding the game," but they would have made the right call. In a way, by not calling it, they decided the game. Should Barron not have been flagged for holding because it was on a game-deciding play?

I didn't see the Giants-Vikings games. But I'm quite sure it wasn't the same as the Jackson return. Do you really think the refs are gonna call that in that position?...Really?
Coughlin was arguing a call, and he stepped on the field. So the refs flagged him for unsportsmanlike conduct. Then today, Arizona players ran on to the field after Feely hit the game-winning field goal, and they were also flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. The rules should apply equally to every team.

They'd get railed for "deciding the game," but they would have made the right call. In a way, by not calling it, they decided the game. Should Barron not have been flagged for holding because it was on a game-deciding play?

You're comparing apples to oranges. The Barron hold DIRECTLY affected the outcome of the game. The guys running off the sideline in NO WAY affected the outcome of the game. Let's try to be objective here.

---------- Post added December-26th-2010 at 02:18 AM ----------

Coughlin was arguing a call, and he stepped on the field. So the refs flagged him for unsportsmanlike conduct. Then today, Arizona players ran on to the field after Feely hit the game-winning field goal, and they were also flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. The rules should apply equally to every team.

There is a difference between what Coughlin did and what the Eagles sideline did. C'mon, guys. Those guys coming on the field had NO bearing whatsover on the outcome. Its ridiculous to expect the refs to throw the flag there. At any rate, the touchdown would have still stood, if I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure the flag would have been enforced on the kickoff (which of course there wasn't one). Just as in the Feely example. Them running on the field doesn't change the outcome. The kick was still good, regardless.

There is a difference between what Coughlin did and what the Eagles sideline did. C'mon, guys. Those guys coming on the field had NO bearing whatsover on the outcome. Its ridiculous to expect the refs to throw the flag there. At any rate, the touchdown would have still stood, if I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure the flag would have been enforced on the kickoff (which of course there wasn't one). Just as in the Feely example. Them running on the field doesn't change the outcome. The kick was still good, regardless.
Feely's kick was still good because the penalty occurred after the play was over. The players rushed the field after the kick had already gone through the uprights. The Eagles situation is more akin to what what happens to teams who face Peyton Manning's hurry up offense. If he can get the ball snapped before the defense is finished making its substitutions, it's twelve men on the field every time. Eagle players and coaches rushed the field while Jackson was still showboating in the field of play. There's no question that they committed a penalty on the run back, not after it.

Feely's kick was still good because the penalty occurred after the play was over. The players rushed the field after the kick had already gone through the uprights. The Eagles situation is more akin to what what happens to teams who face Peyton Manning's hurry up offense. If he can get the ball snapped before the defense is finished making its substitutions, it's twelve men on the field every time. Eagle players and coaches rushed the field while Jackson was still showboating in the field of play. There's no question that they committed a penalty on the run back, not after it.

I'm not arguing that they weren't on the field before he scored. But it doesn't matter. You don't throw a flag in that situation. I'm sorry, you just don't. Again, those few players on the field had NO bearing whatsover with Jackson scoring, or preventing the Giants from stopping him. He was gonna score, regardless. Its nothing but sour grapes. You're a Giants fan. Your team surrendered a 21 point lead with 8 minutes left to go in the 4th.It should have never even came down to that play. Stop whining. And the rest of those saying there should have been a flag are known Jackson haters. Get over it, guys.

Archived