Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeSeanA Jackson...

SonnyJ

Call him out in the media the next day for not clocking it.

DJ was definitely wrong there unless he/team thought that was what was going to happen. From appearances, they kind of had the Pack on their heels, so I hate clocking the ball with that much time left. Correct play was to go to Maclin around 10yd line or out the back of the endzone.

Call him out in the media the next day for not clocking it.

no, thats fine....blast him for that, whatever....all i am saying is dont blame Djack for the fact that Vick went to a no oame on that last play...Vick should trust DJack and make him the go-to in that situation........but that doesn't make or break Djack on whether he is elite or not.

and......Djack isnt built to be the Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson kind of player, that in a whim, you can just toss it up and they will come down with it...Djack can barley out jump me for the ball, much less 6'0 DB's........

DJAck is a different kind of elite...and make no mistake, he is an elite WR! (as much as i hate it and him)

DJAck is a different kind of elite...and make no mistake, he is an elite WR! (as much as i hate it and him)

No arguments here...but the guy is still a grade A douche. Is he not concerned about his future in the league, with all this trash talking to his NFC East opponents that he'll face twice a year for years to come??

If I was Laron landry, the entire Cowboys defense, or the entire Giants football team, I would have a poster of him gesturing towards my team as he drove a dagger through our hearts. NFC East defenses are going to do their best to decapitate him for as long as he's in Philly.

As the saying goes, I would NEVER wish an injury on somebody. But if Laron Landry catches Desean Jackson coming across the middle and ends his season with a deeply bruised sternum, I wouldn't be sad.

How can you call a guy elite when you say you can't throw it to him in the endzone at the end of a game?

An elite reciever is somebody who has the advantage in most any given situation. If you're telling me that DJ can be covered by 6' CB's to the point you can't throw it to him, then he ain't elite.

Bingo. Even Steve Smith (5'9, 185) can be trusted to come down with the ball in critical situations (like endzone game winners). You can't excuse that away and still call him elite. He may have elite speed, but that's the only thing I'll call elite about him.

DeSean is an elite deep threat and an elite punt returner, but I wouldn't call him an elite WR. He may be the best 1 dimensional WR ever, but it's still only 1 dimension.

your honor, let it be known to the court, that i agree with this man, and as stated, I stand corrected in the case of Djack and his elite status. This indeed is the actual true fact in this case, and I would like to strike my earlier comments from the record. ........

for real, this is indeed correct, and my statement of him being an "elite wr" is not. Thanks Mr. Jones!

---------- Post added January-14th-2011 at 05:00 AM ----------

Bingo. Even Steve Smith (5'9, 185) can be trusted to come down with the ball in critical situations (like endzone game winners). You can't excuse that away and still call him elite. He may have elite speed, but that's the only thing I'll call elite about him.

fist pump......your right!

Works for me. Have you ever seen Bednarick's fingers? ALL of them are mangled and go every which way. Worse than Brian Baldinger's pinky.

The best part about that pic is the ref just walking away. I know excessive celebration wasn't a penalty back then, but Bednarik's a guy who, if a ref called him for unsportsmanlike, would on the next play "accidentally" tackle him, taking him out of the game.

Yall might run your mouth talkin about DeSean being a punk, but none of yall would want to take big hits from guys like Harrison and Lewis, etc. either. This thread seems a bit hypocritical to me. Yall talk like yall would get out there and play like Hines Ward when we know none of you will. Yall up here hatin and I bet he does not care b/c he's making millions and you are not lol.

Yall might run your mouth talkin about DeSean being a punk, but none of yall would want to take big hits from guys like Harrison and Lewis, etc. either. This thread seems a bit hypocritical to me. Yall talk like yall would get out there and play like Hines Ward when we know none of you will. Yall up here hatin and I bet he does not care b/c he's making millions and you are not lol.

You're right, no one WANTS to, but if I was making millions to catch a ball, you can bet I would.

Works for me. Have you ever seen Bednarick's fingers? ALL of them are mangled and go every which way. Worse than Brian Baldinger's pinky.

Bednarik is number one on my list of respected opponents, and I never saw him play (unfortunately). The guy was...IS...a complete bad ass and Eagles fans better get down on their hands and knees and thank God they had someone like him associated with their miserable franchise.

What's so hypocritical? He gets paid millions to catch a ball and get hit. We don't. I'm 43 years old. If I were 24, had the talent and someone paid me that kind of money, I'd do my best Hines Ward impression. Why post garbage like this? This post means nothing unless my name is Terry Glenn. Then THAT would be hypocritical.

Bednarik is number one on my list of respected opponents, and I never saw him play (unfortunately). The guy was...IS...a complete bad ass and Eagles fans better get down on their hands and knees and thank God they had someone like him associated with their miserable franchise.

Too bad they won't have another player come even close to his level/style of play...

Too bad they won't have another player come even close to his level/style of play...

No way. Goodell would have someone like Bednarik thrown out of the league so fast, his neck would break.

It is a bit of a shame the two-way player is extinct. I'd imagine it would be a real thrill to see a guy on the field and know "he's got what it takes to be out there for 60 minutes." Incredible.

• 7 months later...

I agree - but then again those types of players come around 1 in every 50 years for a franchise - even the great ones. That is why the only jersey I have is the old school #60 Concrete Charlie jersey. When football players played for the love of hitting and the game.... unlike 75% of the players today especially WRs

Archived