Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Newsflash: We won the game!

Springfield

First post here, but longtime Skins fan. This isn't a great team, there are holes on O, D, and ST. I think 8-8 would be a great record for this team this season. But hell if this isn't a great day to be a Skins fan. We just won a game no one gave us a chance to win. I've been a fan of this team long enough to know that Redskins success for me will not be measured in Superbowl wins, consistent winning seasons, or deep playoff runs. As sad as it is, this is close to as good as it gets for us. Hopefully that will change soon, but right now it feels good to be a fan of this team.

We WON!!! .........AND, I get to go into class tomorrow and rub it in the face of the guy who told me Vick was going to "run over" us this week. Division games ARE usually close, and last year we just got beat down by the other teams, so winning a very close game is much better than watching Jim Zorn stay "medium" on the sidelines.

Hmmmmm, looks like someone got "run over", literally. And I'm not just talkin' about Mikell (thanks to the R Torain.)

Seriously.

Jesus people, could you at least go to the blood bank and donate while you're slitting your wrists? You're being ridiculous. Just enjoy the win and get pissed off on Wednesday.

Echo for the LOL :applause:

Critique and analyze it tomorrow but c'mon, what ever happened to just savoring the win? Tough division win against a team on a roll where we had no one expecting it? What more do you people want? Just like Dallas, this makes the Philly fans crazier than a blowout would have.

I don't know about anyone else but I rubbed some crow into eagle fans faces yesterday. Best Birthday present, getting to stick the finger to eagle fans and they can't do crap about it. I was talking some good trash all week. I loved it

Seriously.

Jesus people, could you at least go to the blood bank and donate while you're slitting your wrists? You're being ridiculous. Just enjoy the win and get pissed off on Wednesday.

LMAO! We beat the division leader....you know the one that we just couldn't possibly beat....on the road and people are whining because we did not blow them off the face of the earth! Well cry away people! I would like to see what our excuse is next week against Green Bay when we win again!

People like to complain. I think everyone had unrealistic expectations for this season.

We also were told by analysts that the Skins needed to play perfect or near perfect in order to win. They did not play anywhere near perfect but we won. our Defense, in my unprofessional opinion, looked better. Some adjustments that were made worked and it worked well. We didn't give up the big play at all.

Jesus Christ people.

Every single new thread here is a thread about how badly we played, who we should cut or why we should have lost. Can't people here just be happy that we won?.

I think the rest of us need superior Redskins fans like yourself to lead the way with more celebration posts.:pfft:

In golf, it's not about whether or not you can make one or two great shots, but whether or not you can shoot consistently. I point that out b/c I'm not sure the way we played is enough to consistently win. Don't get me wrong - I am ecstatic that we have wiped the mat with two division opponents - but, as has been the case with the Redskins for years now, we only played one half of football. You're not going to win too many games by only playing a half.

There's a lot to left to be desired in this game:

1. We continue to throw away time outs like they're some kind of STD (second half). Heck, in the first half we couldn't even use our TOs properly

2. The offense decided to take the 2nd half off

3. McNabb, with the Skins trying to run out the clock, scrambles, but runs out of bounds (great run, but c'mon! he's way too experienced to know better)

4. Missed tackles left and right on McCoy and Vick

5. LBs still not covering TEs or RBs

A win is truly special, but that doesn't mean the Skins played a perfect game. There's still room for improvement - why can't people talk about that rather go into hype mode and overinflate our team? All that does is make us overlook a team that ends up beating us (see: Rams, St. Louis).

I am beginning to believe Mike S. when he said that every game is likely to be decided by a few key plays. The TD to Cooley was beautiful. The pass interception at the end of the game was terrific. We were better than Philly and deserved the win.

Dude, that pass interception was lucky. Avant had that ball - thankfully Landry scared him into dropping it!

Not the point though - I wish the Skins had never been in the position where that hail mary could've cost them the game.

I don't understand why whenever the Redskins win a game, its because the other team played bad, and not because we outplayed them. People talk about all the mistakes the Eagles made cost them to lose the game, but we made plenty of mistakes aswell....and won! And we never get credit for causing the other team to make mistakes, its always "self-inflicted". Anyone who has ever played any kind of sport knows your not going to have a perfect game every night, so when you can pull out a win when you might not have played your best, its always a plus and something to build on. We have a lot of things to work on, and we will get better, I personally hope people keep doubting us. I know we have 2 tough games coming up, but I feel like we will win atleast one of them, and if we do, we will be at 3-3, who could complain about that record when the season first started?

Newsflash: We will probably lose at least 3 of the next 4 games. Still happy?

amaznig just amazing ...

YOU - thought we would lose against philly and YOU thougth we would lose against the cowboys, how do i know this .. i just do, cause you have no faith.

how could a real fan feel the way you feel - after winning such a big game? blows me away.

Archived