Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Newsflash: We won the game!

Springfield

We are 2-0 in the division, and 1/3 of the way through our NFC East schedule. We are 1/3 of the way to the playoffs if we can play well within our conference. As long as we keep getting better and we win, I dont mind squeeking these games out each week. Portis looked good, great YPC. Torain looked very good as well. Activating Torain and Banks has made this team a little bit better. If we can build some momentum, we can win our divison.

The Eagles and Bears almost lost to the Lions too.

I think that just shows how crazy this season is.

This season is definitely different.

For the first time in recent memory, the NFC East is still up for grabs after 4 weeks and the Redskins control their own destiny. There aren't any teams in the NFC East that I think can walk into Fedex and dominate us. That makes me very, very happy about where we are at right now... regardless of how we got here.

Seems like a lot of Skins fans came into the season expecting Super Bowl. New coaches, New QB, New Schemes. Everyone knew things were going to be shaky at the beginning of the season but we've still managed to beat Dallas and the Eagles. I get frustrated during games too but this talk about we should have loss is ridiculous. Let's enjoy it and hope we keep improving every week. Hail!

Winning a divisional game on the road is huge. Hypotheically speaking, if we win the other two divisional home games the worst we could be is 4-2.... still pretty good in the division. We steal another divisional road game and its game over. Just a hypothetical.

#1 in the East...let's enjoy it!!! :refill:

I know I am :D

Let's raise a glass for them. I know they are looking down and smiling.

Yeah, bullcrap. You know they're still pissed, hate our D, hate McNabb, hate everyone and have concerns about Orakpo not "doing enough." :ols:

Jesus Christ people.

Every single new thread here is a thread about how badly we played, who we should cut or why we should have lost. Can't people here just be happy that we won?

We just finished up our second divisional victory of the season. That makes us 2-0 against our own division and tied for first place. That's two full games more than we won against a divisional opponent last season.

Note to board. We won, be happy about it.

I couldn't agree with you more, but the Washington Redskins aren't tied for first, they are in first. This is due to the fact that they are the only team in the division with divisional wins.

HTTR

Newsflash: We will probably lose at least 3 of the next 4 games. Still happy?

LOL - another expert!

I love how you guys are just marking wins and losses in the future. You do realize that they are actually going to PLAY these games don't you?

WHy bother even watching when you already know they'll lose? Right...cause they might win like they did today.

I'm glad we won.

However, why is it that when people complain after a loss, it's supposed to be looked down on because supposedly they had too high expectations and this team is just rebuilding...blah, blah, blah.

But then when we win, I see the same folks who were criticizing people for having ridiculous expectations, suddenly talking about winning the division and stuff like that.

Kind of funny.

Seems like a lot of Skins fans came into the season expecting Super Bowl. New coaches, New QB, New Schemes. Everyone knew things were going to be shaky at the beginning of the season but we've still managed to beat Dallas and the Eagles. I get frustrated during games too but this talk about we should have loss is ridiculous. Let's enjoy it and hope we keep improving every week. Hail!

This is very similar to how I feel. I get very frustrated too, and I'm not thinking we're going to the Superbowl, and I know we have a tough road ahead of us, but just gotta hope for the best and hope that over the next year or two, our coaching staff continues to adjust and acquire the young personnel needed to run our schemes.

Newsflash: We will probably lose at least 3 of the next 4 games. Still happy?

Well, yeah, but that's because we've got a string of really good teams coming up (And overall we've a brutal schedule this year). So it's probably good that we're 2-0 in the Conference then sin't it?

I'm glad we won.

However, why is it that when people complain after a loss, it's supposed to be looked down on because supposedly they had too high expectations and this team is just rebuilding...blah, blah, blah.

But then when we win, I see the same folks who were criticizing people for having ridiculous expectations, suddenly talking about winning the division and stuff like that.

Kind of funny.

I'm not saying that we are going to win the division by any means. What I am saying though, is that we are in control of our own destiny. What I am saying though, is that we just won a game that we would have lost last season. We should, as a fan base, feel good about that.

Also, it's not wrong to point out our shortcomings in a victory like this. The reason I made this thread is because there wasn't one thread on the first page that was positive.

I'm glad we won.

Kind of funny.

I agree. There's a lot of delusional people around here. I predicted a win in this game at the beginning of the season. I figured the Skins would be motivated to win for McNabb and I thought Kolb would still be starting. But, after seeing this game, I don't see us winning the next 3 games (Packers, Colts, and a resurgent Bears) and even the Lions game is questionable. I'm a Redskins' fan, but I'm a realistic fan.

We gotta follow this up with a victory over the packers at home next week, which I will be attending. Definitely doable, but we're gonna have to play better next week. Our defense needs to learn how to capitalize and finish making big plays. If that's the case, the defense that showed up this week and against Dallas will be closer to the Saints defense last year. If we revert to the Texans and Rams games though, we'll be lucky to go 4-12.

Archived