Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

If they miss the playoffs and don't can the entire front office, I think I'll become a LeBron fan and never look back. Ted Leonsis can go **** himself and so can this worthless franchise. Relocate them to Seattle for all I care.

I'd never root for that SOB, but I would suddenly find myself watching a lot more Golden State games. Half of their team could have easily been Wizards anyway, seems to be a natural fit.

If they miss the playoffs and don't can the entire front office, I think I'll become a LeBron fan and never look back. Ted Leonsis can go **** himself and so can this worthless franchise. Relocate them to Seattle for all I care.

So you won't be joining Wizards' fans in razing the Verizon center? If this team collapses and Ernie is still around its torch and pitchfork time.

So when can we get a new FO?

We should have gotten it lottery protected.  We're going to finish 9th.

Why the **** is anyone other than John Wall dribbling the ****ing basketball.  Catch it and shoot people.  That's all you bums are good for.

Frustration foul from Ariza.  Birdman gets under your skin  because he's a dirtbag.

I really wonder if Wittman makes it to 5 games....

yall are so right.  This mess is the doing of the FO.  Changes HAVE to be made. 

So you won't be joining Wizards' fans in razing the Verizon center? If this team collapses and Ernie is still around its torch and pitchfork time.

I'll go to the home depot and get a pitchfork and join you if I haven't succumbed to complete apathy by then.

Anthony Davis is a beast.  Like a young Kevin Garnett.  I wanted that kid to be a Wizard so bad.  Best prospect since Durant.  Best #1 pick since LeBron.

You can probably check basketball reference and observe that the Wizards franchise leads the NBA in moral victory percentage since 1980.

On the bright side, Marcin Gortat was pretty good.  Bungled some passes, but less so than everyone else.  Committed a few bad fouls, but nothing too egregious.  For the most part he rotates well on D even though Miami penetrates at will and he rebounds on both ends.  And he made a three.

Good C.  Good PG.  SG who will eventually be good.  Backup SF who is ok.  Then a whole lot of question marks and journeyman and guys making too much money.

Any timetable on Porter's return?

When we start getting our postmortem stories for how this team had yet another dreadful start, what are the odds that the stories will read?:

- Defense fell apart because of an inability to cope with losing Nene and Okafor.

- Offense sucked as the team was pressing their asses off, wilted under the pressure of the playoffs mandate of ownership.

We're a joke. Have been and will continue to be. Any shred of optimism anyone has uttered in the past five years has been a mirage. Crappy front office, crappy coaching, crappy players, crappy team.

When was the last time this team even drafted a good player? Look at our draft picks the last decade. It's pathetic.

Edited by abdcskins

Michael Lee

‏@MrMichaelLee

Nene will not play vs MIA. Will have MRI on Mon to see what's wrong with left leg. Pain extends from calf to Achilles' tendon #wizards

39 mil over the next 3 years............

As someone who has similiar issues...imo that sounds like either tendonitis or a partially torn achillies.

We're a joke. Have been and will continue to be. Any shred of optimism anyone has uttered in the past five years has been a mirage. Crappy front office, crappy coaching, crappy players, crappy team.

When was the last time this team even drafted a good player? Look at our draft picks the last decade. It's pathetic.

Some of us have watched the team since they won an NBA title.

Who you reaching out to.

0-3.  If we don't win the next one, it might be a while before we win.

So you will finally accept that this franchise is a laughing stock?  To think we were getting 50 wins even best case, I mean come on, THIS team? 

The only reason for any optimism for this franchise is when Ernie Grunfeld is fired and a competent replacement is hired.  Winning starts from the top so until that's fixed, don't expect W's on the court.

Ted Leonsis is a loser.  Plain and simple.  He is crippling the Wizards from becoming even sort of relevant and is wasting the ability/talent of a 3x NHL MVP all in the same building.

The only owner who would employ a GM for ten years when their teams have never won more than 45 games...and a GM for 16 f-ing years where none of the teams have gone past the 2nd round of the playoffs.

It's literally insane, the definition of insanity.

So you will finally accept that this franchise is a laughing stock?  To think we were getting 50 wins even best case, I mean come on, THIS team? 

The only reason for any optimism for this franchise is when Ernie Grunfeld is fired and a competent replacement is hired.  Winning starts from the top so until that's fixed, don't expect W's on the court.

Ted Leonsis is a loser.  Plain and simple.  He is crippling the Wizards from becoming even sort of relevant and is wasting the ability/talent of a 3x NHL MVP all in the same building.

The only owner who would employ a GM for ten years when their teams have never won more than 45 games...and a GM for 16 f-ing years where none of the teams have gone past the 2nd round of the playoffs.

It's literally insane, the definition of insanity.

Yeah Ernie sucks and this team will be lucky to get to 42 wins the way they are playing.  They'll pick it up eventually but they came into the season wholly unprepared.  And that is on the FO.  It's their job to create a winning culture and identity for the team.  It's their job to get guys prepared.  It's their job to sort out all the roles and design a scheme that works.  And they've utterly failed at this once again.

I thought this team had the individual players to come close to 50.  I still still think they have the players but they aren't getting close to 50 with this organization.  Wall, Beal, Nene, Gortat, Webster, and Ariza are all good players.  That lineup is better than a lot of teams can field.  But they have not come together into a real team.  They're worse than the sum of their parts, they've been pressing like crazy on offense, playing low IQ basketball, and the product has been awful.  And their defense has not come together at all.

It used to be that we had a **** culture and bad players.  Now after years of building, we've finally got some good players and we're still losing.  There are no more excuses for Ernie.  It goes beyond all of the losing you mention too.  How does a GM like Ernie survive a debacle like Gungate for instance?  That in and of itself is unbelievable when you think about it.

Leonsis's loyalty becomes a fault when it basically turns into croneyism and paralyzing indecision.  Maybe he just didn't know the landscape of the NBA enough to make wholesale changes when he took over the team before 2010.  But he should have never kept Ernie on.  He should have gone with a new GM day one.  The past four years have been a waste in terms of the on court product, the only thing we've gotten out of five terrible seasons is two or three good players...

Ted can't waste any more time.  We've got Wall and Beal for a long time.  We've hopefully got a couple years with Webster and Gortat.  Hopefully.  And I'm really hoping we've got something in Porter.  That's a nice foundation for a new FO to try and salvage.  We can't wait much longer to make that change though.  It's like chemistry.  A bad or unstable mix is combustible and bad habits on the court are hard to change.  You have to delicately build a real basketball team that can actually come together and be successful and you can't do it if your whole organizational culture is ****ed.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/11/4/5064164/randy-wittman-washington-wizards-nba

Tom Ziller drops 3 names as potential replacements for Wittman. He also managed to drop this brutal gem:

The thing is that it's miraculous Wittman has lasted this long. His record in Washington is now 47-87, a .350 winning percentage. That's not good. He was hired only as a temporary replacement for Flip Saunders in the first place. He kept "reaching" his players by the end of the season, justifying decisions by Ted Leonsis and Ernie Grunfeld to keep him. Wrong decisions, all. The Wizards have had more patience with Wittman's potential as a head coach than the team's had with Jan Vesely or Chris Singleton as legit NBA players. This is a classic case of trusting some good quality, expensive ingredients with a chef whose idea of gourmet is Late Night Bacon. Wittman does not seem to be able to help this collection of players win.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/11/4/5064164/randy-wittman-washington-wizards-nba

Tom Ziller drops 3 names as potential replacements for Wittman. He also managed to drop this brutal gem:

Don Newman would be the most likely of the names he listed.  I doubt the Wizards (read: Ted) will be willing to shell out the coin it would take to bring George Karl here.  He'll go unproven and cheap(er) over a big name coach.  Then again I think Ted is a lot more patient than we are and Randy isn't going anywhere anytime soon.