Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

There are rumors that Gasol may be on the way out. So Ariza and Okafor for Gasol? I dont care if Gasol has shaky knees... he is an upgrade over Ariza and Okafor. We already have a logjam at SF, and Seraphin can fill in if Gasol cant play. Okafor has been just a body the entire season. In my opinion, we would be better just by subtraction. Getting Gasol out of it would be amazing.

There are rumors that Gasol may be on the way out. So Ariza and Okafor for Gasol? I dont care if Gasol has shaky knees... he is an upgrade over Ariza and Okafor. We already have a logjam at SF' date=' and Seraphin can fill in if Gasol cant play. Okafor has been just a body the entire season. In my opinion, we would be better just by subtraction. Getting Gasol out of it would be amazing.[/quote']

Why would LA make that deal?

Why would LA make that deal?

1. They need another SF. All the have is Artest at the moment.

2. They need a backup Center.

3. The salaries are the same, and there are rumors of Gasol having some knee tendonitis. In a year where they are gunning for a championship with a brittle team, they will need some quality backups.

3. They traded Caron to us for nothing.... pigs can fly again.

Earlier I said I didn't think we'd rip off so many consecutive losses, but I could certainly see us go 1-25 or something. Consider that our next humiliation to avoid.

I said they would be 2-17, not 0-19. Having another double-digit losing streak would be really really difficult to do.

By the way, I like how we are discussing the degree of difficulty in Losing .

Looks like he's taking it slow because he's not elevating on that jump shot very much. I want to see him play but the last thing we need a small knee injury, if there is such a thing, turning into a major one.

Edited by Destino

Nerlens Noel sounds exactly like Vesely.

I bet the expectations around him will be different than the ones around Vesely though because Ves is a white Euro. People will probably have more patience with Noel as he develops because they can go, we've seen this before with someone like Marcus Camby and Anthony Davis. We've never really seen anything like Ves before.

Alex Len looked good. Rudy Gobert sounds interesting. Cody Zeller can play. I like the versatility Isiah Austin has and supposedly he's been better than expected though I haven't watched any of his games. Most of the top centers actually have some pre-developed skills this year. Zeller can really score. All of them are true 7 footers it looks like.

Shabazz is my number one by far, and that's probably only going to change if he just looks awful. But if he goes before we pick, this might be the year to get a center.