Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Looks like I picked a good game to miss watching.

No matter what people say about Wall, he has regressed, and regressed A LOT from last year without much roster turnover. This should be alarming to everyone.

Something isn't right. My educated guess is that there is a toxic environment in the locker room. There are selfish players and not enough focus on what should be the #1 priority. This is something that dates back to the Eddie Jordan years. Under the supervision of Ernie Grunfeld, this franchise has lacked professionalism. This is the GM who was ok with his star player crapping in the shoes of other teammates but the moment his ass was on the line, he threw said player under the bus to cover for his own bad decisions.

The sad thing is that Ernie isn't going anywhere. If Ted had intentions of bringing in someone new, he would have done so already. Ernie is getting renewed at the end of the year. What a shame.

As I said before, I lose all faith in Ted if he extends Ernie. His contract is up at the end of the year, I can see him being allowed to carry on until the end.

Although if it would be smarter to fire him now or at least by the all-star break, hire a new GM and let him evaluate the roster for the remaining half of the season. New GM would likely mean new coach as well, it all starts with Ernie. He has to be the first to go, I don't want him selecting the new coach.

As I said before, I lose all faith in Ted if he extends Ernie. His contract is up at the end of the year, I can see him being allowed to carry on until the end.

Although if it would be smarter to fire him now or at least by the all-star break, hire a new GM and let him evaluate the roster for the remaining half of the season. New GM would likely mean new coach as well, it all starts with Ernie. He has to be the first to go, I don't want him selecting the new coach.

I want a vet coach with proven playoff expercience and a pick&roll heavy offense.

The problem with Wall is he does'nt have that scorers mentality and his jumper sucks. The jumper won't get better if he don't keep shooting it, which he refuses to do very often. He wants to be a pass first Pg and floor leader but then he turns the ball over way to much. He is stuck in between what he needs to be and has defintely regressed from last season. I've never seen a guy miss as many layups as he has this season.

I think Sloan or JVG can straighten out this ship I really do.

Javale is the best player on this team. He's become a really solid player. Game after game, the only consistent bright spot on this team.

Maybe by game 20 this year Wall will play like a starting caliber PG. There is simply no excuse for a #1 overall pick to be playing this bad.

Edited by No Excuses

Javale is the best player on this team. He's become a really solid player. Game after game, the only consistent bright spot on this team.

Maybe by game 20 this year Wall will play like a starting caliber PG. There is simply no excuse for a #1 overall pick to be playing this bad.

I agree. Been saying it each game. Mcgee is the focal point of this team. Once he either figures out how to pass when he has no open shot, and Dwight Howard moves out of the conference, he will be an allstar.

Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, and new York.... All double doubles by McGee. He's improved this season.
Oh, I agree. He's been by far our best player and his offense and defense is massively improved.

That said, none of those teams besides Atlanta have anything resembling a strong front court. Until he gets stronger he's going to struggle against Orlando, Milwaukee, Minnesota, etc.

@DwainPrice

Dwain Price

Kings C DeMarcus Cousins had to be restrained from going after a Dallas media cameraman in the Kings' locker room after the game.

keep his crazy ass away from our roster :ols:

agree! I don't know why everyone wants this headcase on our team. We already have a headcase who shoots a terrible FG %...his name is www.andrayblatchesucks.com

agree! I don't know why everyone wants this headcase on our team. We already have a headcase who shoots a terrible FG %...his name is www.andrayblatchesucks.com

You know, there have been a ton of sites like that over the years. Dedicated to the suckiness of some player from whatever sport. That might be the best one I've seen though. Very well done. And totally on point.

And I think it just gave me my new sig

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

@DwainPrice

Dwain Price

Kings C DeMarcus Cousins had to be restrained from going after a Dallas media cameraman in the Kings' locker room after the game.

keep his crazy ass away from our roster :ols:

Man, forget that LOL

I'm all for whatever lowers his trade value so we can just swap him for Blatche.