Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

It's pretty frustrating that:

1.) We haven't gotten anything from our #3 overall pick former Big East POTY yet.

2.) Beal's stress injury is still there.

Those are supposed to be foundation pieces 2 and 3 of our team.

The third thing that is frustrating is that Nene and Gortat are a great front court to pair with them, except that they are so much older. Having the young guys miss this kind of time holds up their development, and we're losing time early in their careers to go with what might be the best frontcourt Wall/Beal/Porter is going to get.

This team still has a ton of upside remaining and is years away from hitting its ceiling. That's good but I'm getting tired of waiting.

Wall and Gortat have a really good chemistry, especially when you consider they've only been together for a handful of games.

Watching how well Wall is adapting to the PnR offense makes me wish we had a better GM and had drafted Noel. Noel with this staff would have been a disaster though. He doesn't even have a foreign country he can escape to in the offseason.
  • Like 1

Good win, would have been a rout if we could shoot FTs better and the Hawks weren't flukishly good from 3.

I'm starting to regret drafting Porter. Not because he's hurt, but because we already have two productive SFs in Webster and Ariza. I know Ariza isn't gonna get us 20 every night, but between him and Webster we have plenty at the 3. Would have been better off taking Michael Carter-Williams to be our 3rd G or Kelly Olynyk to give us a 3rd quality big. Hindsight's 20/20 though of course.