Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Let me clarify, we need a quality Oubre that we have seen this season, and improvement from last year.  I hate his lapse on defense, but we need ammo on offense, especially if Toronto is going to be hitting from three like that.  Seriously, we're the 8th seed, we need all the help we can get.

Yea he would help if he was on his game. Hes mor though and hasn't been AND hes literally done nothing but make us worse so far this series. 

Yea good Oubre would be nice but he ain't in Toronto right now 

Just now, Destino said:

****ng Lowry shut him down one on one at the rim.  

This has always scared me about the Raptors/Wizards Backcourt comparison conversations.  I'd take DeRozan over Beal anyday of the week, and Wall over Lowry any day of the week.  If Wall doesn't dominate his matchup, we're always going to be in trouble.

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Has Wall added more than one shot around the rim in the last 5 years?  He's constantly missing at the rim in the playoffs.  ****ng Lowry shut him down one on one at the rim.  

He gets mad at the refs and just loses himself. It doesn't make sense cause he almost always has an advantage at the rim. 

But at the end of the day its 0-1 and we should have won this. We can steal the next one and end this in five and it wouldn't surprise anyone. Including the Raptors. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Yea he would help if he was on his game. Hes mor though and hasn't been AND hes literally done nothing but make us worse so far this series. 

Yea good Oubre would be nice but he ain't in Toronto right now 

Still got some games left, I'll stay optimistic until he proves me wrong.  He's still a kitten, so I'm trying not to be too hard on him (this is a man's game, so we have to).

3 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I wonder what the window for this team is?

And by no means is this game on him, but I know we gave Otto Porter a lot of money last offseason. Expect more.

We lost this game because of horrible defense and turnovers.

Our window will be fine if we get a quality center.  I feel you on Otto, though.

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

10 pts, 5 asts, 3 tos in the 2nd half and shot 3-11 from the floor.

Great?

23/15 for the game.  Done?

Can we also all stop with this "he's almost 30" nonsense.  He's not, he's 27.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Still got some games left, I'll stay optimistic until he proves me wrong.  He's still a kitten, so I'm trying not to be too hard on him (this is a man's game, so we have to).

I hear you. You ain't wrong. But I'm not impressed by what I'm seeing and hes hurting us with his play. 

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Ya, you aren't wrong, either, especially considering the context of what you're saying.

Thinking long term you are probably right in that we can't give up on him. We ain't winning it all this season and if we want to win it all in the future we will need him. And he will need playoff experience. 

So maybe pulling his is premature. But Got damn does his play hurt us in the moment.