Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Who else has that sinking feeling that the hawks are going to win game 4 tonight in Atlanta and tie the series? We're D.C. sports fans, I'm pretty much expecting it to happen. I'd love to be wrong though and go back to D.C. with a 3-1 series lead 

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

Nah...game 3 was an anomaly. 

I'm in a loop between this.

The DC Fan in me is like, what are we going to do to mess this up.

Then I am thinking, everybody is cold; no way they play that bad two games in a row.

But then I remind myself, this is a DC team.

(Thank God the Caps won last night. It helps.)

Typically when a team plays REALLY bad, they bounce back and play much better. These things even out. Beal and Morris aren't going to keep shooting this poorly. Milsapp isn't going to keep playing like Charles Barkley.

I think we win a close one tonight, by about 3 or 4 points, and then come home and close them out in a blowout.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Typically when a team plays REALLY bad, they bounce back and play much better. These things even out. Beal and Morris aren't going to keep shooting this poorly. Milsapp isn't going to keep playing like Charles Barkley.

I think we win a close one tonight, by about 3 or 4 points, and then come home and close them out in a blowout.

If we are who we think we are, this is how the series will play out.

• Like 2

Beal was particularly bad on Saturday, barely sniffing the front of the rim on many shots from deep.  I stand by my observation that the night before took a toll on him.  One can only hope that soul-crushing loss was enough to get the group focused and ready to come out with a fast start.  Atlanta is a frontrunner city and the Hawks and their fans are no different.  Hit them in the mouth early and prove a point.  We can't afford to keep being the comeback kids.

As crazy is this is to say, I think the Wiz are the exception to the DC rule when it comes to choking.  They are obviously not a team built for the Finals, but the last loss will not send them spiraling out of control.  Even if they lose tonight, it won't be because they choked under pressure and they will regroup back in DC.  But, we don't have to worry about that, because they will win.

• Like 2