Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Jordan Williams is officially an idiot.

I'm dying to know what the hell he's thinking/what the hell he's being told

the only thing I can imagine is he thinks the draft is so weak, he has a better shot of being drafted in the 1st

I wish him luck, but me thinks he'll be regretting this decision

Probably. nbadraft.net has him going in the 1st. But DX--who I trust a thousand times more--has him coming in, in the middle of the 2nd. And he's been steadily slipping since he declared.

He has the size and athleticism that teams go dumb for. Why would you not go back and develop something more to guarantee a guaranteed contract? Your size isn't going anywhere.

And I guess he doesn't realize that SF is also part of a front court.

technically it is part of the front court...but in today's game I consider the small forward more like a wing (like a SG) Seems like there are more Granger/Durant guys in the league these days than Melo types

---------- Post added May-4th-2011 at 02:04 PM ----------

But how about this--is Javale is a top 5 center in the East? He might be actually. That's how sad the position has become league wide.

1.) Howard

2.) Bogut

3.) Noah

um...

4.) Horford counts I guess?

5.) Brook Lopez? He's got offensive skills Javale lacks but otherwise he's not that impressive. You could probably interchange him with Javale or Hibbert, this is a big dropoff.

I think you are sick in the head if you think Bogut is better than Noah

Probably. nbadraft.net has him going in the 1st. But DX--who I trust a thousand times more--has him coming in, in the middle of the 2nd. And he's been steadily slipping since he declared.

He has the size and athleticism that teams go dumb for. Why would you not go back and develop something more to guarantee a guaranteed contract? Your size isn't going anywhere.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2011/5/3/2152325/espn-insider-j-will-projected-to-be-a-first

ESPN Insider: J-Will projected to be a first

"Jordan Williams, C, Maryland Terrapins

Williams is one of the few true low post players in the draft, and a terrific rebounder to boot. He was very productive in the ACC this year, but still flew mostly under the radar. A month ago it was virtually unanimous that he'd be a second-round pick. But the more that NBA scouts have gone back to the tape, the more their attitude has begun to change. Combine that with word out of Las Vegas, where he's working out, that he's already dropped weight and teams are starting to give him a legitimate look in the first round. Another year in school would likely guarantee a spot for Williams in the first. But in this draft, he may get there anyway."

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm not really familiar with Jordan William's game, but being that this is such a weak draft and next year is such a great draft (as it looks right now) this is what is probably guiding his judgment....will probably be the right move in my opinion.

---------- Post added May-4th-2011 at 02:23 PM ----------

You wizard fans here are really hard on our young players no one wants too be patient. Blatche has earned his hatred the guy did dumb things after dumb things and some are tired, understandable. But JaVale is really really young! Coming out of college he was as raw as it comes and said by all scouts too take at least 3 years to be NBA ready! And maybe a year or 2 in the D League of those 3 years. First year as full time starter struggled at times but also showEd so much potential. Why are everyone here quick too bring out all his faults and talk about replacing him. First Dwight is not coming too Washington! Second you have a guy on your roster right now that has potential too be a top 5 center in the league. Go ahead and get rid of him and watch him turn into a star
I have no idea what you're talking about. You're acting like we're having some big discussion about how much a bum McGee is. All we did is talk about how we'd trade him for Dwight (duh) and how people overrate him and he isn't a top 5 center in the league (duh.)

damn it soulja....you finally had a post that i didn't think was the most retarded thing I've read all day....and as GACOLB pointed out...no one is really dissing McGee...if anything I think they were boosting him up over what his value really is (top 5 center in the East).

As far as Javale is concerned in the conversation with Dwight Howard....if you had any opportunity to get Dwight Howard w/o giving up John Wall...you do it! I don't care if you have to trade the whole damn team to get him (besides Wall). Howard at Center and Wall at PG would produce many championships...all you'd have to do is fill in the role players and you'd be good to go for the next 8 years.

damn it soulja....you finally had a post that i didn't think was the most retarded thing I've read all day....and as GACOLB pointed out...no one is really dissing McGee...if anything I think they were boosting him up over what his value really is (top 5 center in the East).

Haha. I originally started to reply to him in a well thought out counter, and then I realized, WTF is he talking about?

Haha. I originally started to reply to him in a well thought out counter, and then I realized, WTF is he talking about?

I'm not sure..but if it was just a random statement and didn't appear to be a response to message board chatter...it would actually make some sense.

I'm still waiting for McQueen to try and convince me Bogut is a better player then Noah.....this should be good. I must admit...for as much as I disagree with just about anything McQueen says about the Wizards....I sure appreciate the thought he puts into his posts. They are very well thought out and presented very intelligently. If I didn't watch 90% of the Wizards (or NBA in general) seasons the past 7 years I'd actually think he should get a job with the Post or something.

Edited by Gator Bait

It's possible that McQueen spontaneously combusted this past weekend. Last I saw him on here he was flipping the **** out about the Skins draft.

Agree with you on his posts though. I enjoy them. He does say this is the first year he's really following the Wizards hardcore. He'll come around.

I still have my dream that they're going to shock the world at the new logo unveil, and take that opportunity to announce that we're going back to the Bullets.

that would be ridiculously awesome...then I'd actually buy a John Wall jersey for this coming year. I intentionally didn't buy a Wall jersey this year because i knew of the plan to change the color scheme.

You know what Daniel Snyder would do...he'd change the color scheme the first year....sell a ton of jerseys and then change the name the following year....to sell even more jerseys!

I still have my dream that they're going to shock the world at the new logo unveil, and take that opportunity to announce that we're going back to the Bullets.

I wish.

that would be ridiculously awesome...then I'd actually buy a John Wall jersey for this coming year. I intentionally didn't buy a Wall jersey this year because i knew of the plan to change the color scheme.

Ditto on the awesome part.

I'm gonna wait till the new jerseys are unveiled and then I'll buy the old ugly blue home jersey for Wall. They already put them up on discounted price and I'm guessing the prices will drop even more after the new ones are unveiled. Yeah the color scheme sucks but it'll be cool memorabilia to have in 15 years when Wall is about to retire as a three time Bullets NBA champion. :thumbsup:

Anybody going to the unveiling on the 10th?

I think it's free

You know, semester is over this week for me so I'll be off on the 10th. So **** it, I'm down. If anyone else is let me know. We can riot together when they announce the new Bullets jerseys.

But for real, maybe they didn't sell Wall Bullets jerseys this year because they wanted us to wait until they were officially Bullets next year?

P.S. Blatche is about a step away from joining Kobe in my sig.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I'm gonna wait till the new jerseys are unveiled and then I'll buy the old ugly blue home jersey for Wall. They already put them up on discounted price and I'm guessing the prices will drop even more after the new ones are unveiled. Yeah the color scheme sucks but it'll be cool memorabilia to have in 15 years when Wall is about to retire as a three time Bullets NBA champion. :thumbsup:

that's not a bad idea...I might do the same if they are cheap enough.

"I work for a company that has the NBA license. We've received logosheets for next year for the Wizards. I can confirm that the red, white, and blue logo is correct. Their secondary logo is a "dc" with the tail of the "d" looking like a hand, just like the old bullets logo, complete with a basketball over the "d." Their uniform wordmarks will be in the same style font as the old Bullets logo. Logo and uniform should be unveiled on 5/10. "

got this off a pacers forrum incase yall are interested

I don't know how you can read what he posted and think that they're going to be at all similar to that.

He mentions that the red, white and blue primary logo is correct. A while back, they were trotting out a supposed "leaked" picture of NBA merchandise that had the current logo but in red, blue and white. The only mention this guy makes is to the change of the secondary logo.