Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Here's what I wanted to say...

Whitman gets HUGE props from me for putting Ariza on Augustine. When he did that, the Bulls went a long time before they scored again.

It was a simple move, but I still give props.

Now we need to find a way to close games.

Agreed.  Ariza is like a shutdown corner, put him on their best receiver and see what happens.  If we go into game 3 doing the same thing, should be a long night for Chicago.  They're a good team, but you can make the arguement that's their only scorer.

Wittman coached a good game tonight I thought, minus those two plays he drew up at the end.

The Bulls are just such a pesky and annoying team. They aren't that good, they're just relentlessly annoying. They're like the guy on the pick up game who just claws and grabs you every chance he gets and you just want to punch him in the face but that would be playing right into his hands.

They want to dirty up the series because they know they don't have the horses to get us. They want to get into our heads, get us worried about the refs, get us to retaliate and get into foul trouble, etc.

I am so proud of this team for digging out this win. Everything was difficult. Couldn't even make FTs. This is absolutely the type of game we used to lose. But we got it done.

The phone booth is going to be ****ing ROCKING on Friday. It's going to be such an awesome atmosphere. This city is ready for these guys.

Like others have said, Ariza on Augustine from here on out. If Trev cuts his output in half we win easy. Theyre gonna get their ORebs, but we can live with that if they aren't getting good looks from 3.

Right.  I'd still like to see us do a better job of boxing out. 

Also, Whitman deserves credit in this one.  The funny thing was how some analysts were saying how good the Bulls coach was at adjustments.  They got out coached big time.  The Bulls had that game in hand late and **** all over themselves.  

Wittman's got the smart guy glasses on. Instant boost in perceived intelligence and wisdom of comments made.

I found myself listening and nodding. It's like a reverse Clark Kent/Superman situation.

Seriously though, Randy has done a fantastic coaching job so far. The team is well prepared and they are playing so hard.

I gotta say, the Bulls are a fun team to play. They force you to give maximum effort the entire night. If this is a four or five game series win for us, then it won't do the Bulls justice. This has been so competitive.

Like others have said, Ariza on Augustine from here on out. If Trev cuts his output in half we win easy. Theyre gonna get their ORebs, but we can live with that if they aren't getting good looks from 3.

Sorta.  Ariza puts a tired Augustine in the freezer.  In the first quarter, it might be a different story, especially if Augustine is starting...

I was gonna post a pic of a broom, but I don't wanna jinx it…So, here's this instead!

Someone else should post a broom.

Edited by mboyd784

Right.  I'd still like to see us do a better job of boxing out. 

Also, Whitman deserves credit in this one.  The funny thing was how some analysts were saying how good the Bulls coach was at adjustments.  They got out coached big time.  The Bulls had that game in hand late and **** all over themselves.

I wouldn't say they got outcoached. They just got gassed. They've only got 7 players and no really creative scorers. There is only so much Thibs can do.

For those of you who are going to the phone booth this weekend please be rowdy. If you aren't I'll be extremely disappointed

*that was my nice way of saying be damn loud*

Dude.  You're on a message board with largely diehards.  Preaching to the choir broseph.   ;)

It's dem' wine and cheese mother****ers you have to talk to not us.  

• Like 1