Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Man, i dont know how i have the ability to get my hopes up with DC anymore.

Secondly, it would be worse than tweaking a knee in practice. It would be something ridiculous. Something like, "Durant tweaks his knee while driving mom to church. Listed as day-to-day. " And a month later, he needs surgery.

GRJr or maybe even Pierce would be my guess. Until Webster gets back, then probably him. Outside shot Temple starts if they need Pierce at forward and they don't trust GRJr.

It would be somewhat ironic if we spent all summer increasing the depth of the team only to have to insert Garrett Temple in the starting lineup. 

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/does-beals-injury-change-calculus-ray-allen-or-15th-spot

Who will start in place of Beal in the short-term? 

That would have to fall to Glen Rice, the MVP of the Las Vegas summer league, for Sunday's home preseason opener vs. the Detroit Pistons (CSN, 1 p.m. ET). Rice has been projected even before the summer to play a more significant role in the Wizards' future. They believe in him. Whether or not he can be a consistent three-point shooter remains to be seen despite his bloodlines. Rice can score. He can get in the lane, finish through contact and draw fouls. He also is one of the team's best one-on-one defenders. 

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Damn. Was hoping it wasn't that bad. Having him, Nene, and Blair unavailable for game one probably means we go small and run Gortat and Seraphin at C and use Pierce and Porter rotating at SF and PF with GRJr working in at SF.

I didn't have internet access over the weekend and when I first read your post I thought Nene and Blair had gotten hurt somehow.  I see they will both be out due to a very unnecessary, stupid suspension. 

SMH at the Beal injury. 

I didn't have internet access over the weekend and when I first read your post I thought Nene and Blair had gotten hurt somehow.  I see they will both be out due to a very unnecessary, stupid suspension. 

SMH at the Beal injury. 

I didn't realize they were suspended, either. I saw this on twitter. Seems only the 4 Wiz players are suspended & not the Chi players who also left the bench:

Nithin Kuchibhotla ‏@nkuchibhotla  Oct 8

@BulletsForever what about those Bulls players conspicuously in warm ups and on the court?

https://twitter.com/BulletsForever/status/519948202825748481/photo/1

Seems only the 4 Wiz players are suspended & not the Chi players who also left the bench:

Nithin Kuchibhotla ‏@nkuchibhotla  Oct 8

@BulletsForever what about those Bulls players conspicuously in warm ups and on the court?

https://twitter.com/BulletsForever/status/519948202825748481/photo/1

Good call GoSkins.  I see two or three of the Bulls players on the court too. 

Here is an explanation from Bullets Forever.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2014/10/8/6948765/nene-dejuan-blair-suspended-paul-pierce-joakim-noah

That's the dumbest rule ever. Are they really that incompetent that they can't suspend players who do leave the bench to engage in a fight. Vs. those who leave the bench to break one up? 

Judge them by the result of their actions. Not their actions you think may happen.

• Like 1

That's the dumbest rule ever. Are they really that incompetent that they can't suspend players who do leave the bench to engage in a fight. Vs. those who leave the bench to break one up? 

Judge them by the result of their actions. Not their actions you think may happen.

Agreed. The fact the incident occurred closer to the Bulls bench means, yes, they didn't cross the half-court line. But the 2 Bulls in warmups in the middle of the last picture are clearly involved in the action. The guy on the left is actually restraining somebody. Why does it matter he's not over half-court line? He left the bench to get involved & is clearly involved.

Stupid call but the Wiz players should know not to leave the bench.