Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Pierce thrived playing the 4 in small lineups last year. Not only do we have a good starter at the 3, but he's our stretch 4 (at times) as well. This is a DEEP squad that Ernie is putting together. The 14/15 season needs to start NOW.

Gortat/Seraphin/Ely?

Nene/Humphries/Gooden/Harrington?/Birch?

Pierce/Porter

Beal/GRJr/Webster*

Wall/Miller/Temple?

I mean, we have guys who can play multiple positions....this is a good looking squad on paper.

That is the way to build a team and why I was against bringing back Booker. We now have roster flexibility which is great. I think Porter can play stretch 4 in the right situations as well if he can rebound at the NBA level.

Really excited to see this team next season. This is the best and deepest team we are fielding in decades. None of the Arenas teams had this much depth and talent.

Edited by No Excuses

That is the way to build a team and why I was against bringing back Booker. We now have roster flexibility which is great. I think Porter can play stretch 4 in the right situations as well if he can rebound at the NBA level.

Really excited to see this team next season. This is the best and deepest team we are fielding in decades. None of the Arenas teams had this much depth and talent.

What exactly has gotten into Ernie?  He's showing a level of competence that we've never seen before.  I seriously can't wrap my head around what he's done so far this offseason. 

• Like 1

That's what I kinda figured, but wasn't sure.  I think re-signing Temple makes the most sense due to the need for a 3rd PG.  He knows the system, is a great guy to have in the locker room, and can provide good minutes when called upon.  At a quick glance (with Ely's release and Webster's injury), we're at 14 roster spots.

PG: Wall, Miller

SG: Beal, GRJr, Temple?

SF: Pierce, Porter, Webster

PF: Nene, Humphries

C: Gortat, Gooden, Seraphin?

I'm only counting 13, who am I missing?

If we're at 13, I want to see Khem Birch get one of those last two roster spots. I think he gets one.

And then I was hoping for Deonte Burton to be the third PG, but he's not even really playing for the SL team. Wall and Miller better take care of themselves, we're going to be hurting if either of them gets injured.

I could see us using the rest of that Ariza trade exception to bring in a decent end of the roster combo guard if Temple doesn't come back.

PG: Wall, Miller

SG: Beal, GRJr, Temple?

SF: Pierce, Porter, Webster

PF: Nene, Humphries

C: Gortat, Gooden, Seraphin?

I'm only counting 13, who am I missing?

If we're at 13, I want to see Khem Birch get one of those last two roster spots. I think he gets one.

And then I was hoping for Deonte Burton to be the third PG, but he's not even really playing for the SL team. Wall and Miller better take care of themselves, we're going to be hurting if either of them gets injured.

I could see us using the rest of that Ariza trade exception to bring in a decent end of the roster combo guard if Temple doesn't come back.

I was counting Birch as #14.  Even if he doesn't get a spot, that opens things up for them to bring in someone else. 

Burton has looked like *** in the summer league.  I had high expectations for him, but he's been nothing short of a dud. 

Sorry, I was busy imagining a world in two seasons where KD does in fact come home, and Otto Porter develops and becomes worthy of his draft slot, so we can roll out Wall-Beal-Porter-Durant-Gortat as our starting five.  Then I got very excite.

Edited by Forehead

What exactly has gotten into Ernie?  He's showing a level of competence that we've never seen before.  I seriously can't wrap my head around what he's done so far this offseason. 

I remember discussions back when about whether Ernie was truly an idiot or if he was just following orders from a dying and desperate Abe.  Then after that maybe the plan was to truly suck to get draft picks to get us the type of players like Beal.  But if that's the case, I wish they had just been more open about it instead of selling bull**** like a Big 3 of Wall, Crawford and Blatche. Remember that nightmare? 

Another theory, with the success of Wall and Beal (easy picks), the world is now opened up to Ernie. Players that wouldn't come here before (Miller, Gooden, Pierce, Humphries, etc) now will come.  

I remember discussions back when about whether Ernie was truly an idiot or if he was just following orders from a dying and desperate Abe.  Then after that maybe the plan was to truly suck to get draft picks to get us the type of players like Beal.  But if that's the case, I wish they had just been more open about it instead of selling bull**** like a Big 3 of Wall, Crawford and Blatche. Remember that nightmare? 

Another theory, with the success of Wall and Beal (easy picks), the world is now opened up to Ernie. Players that wouldn't come here before (Miller, Gooden, Pierce, Humphries, etc) now will come.  

I do think Ernie was handcuffed by Abe to an extent.  However, he never had a great track record to begin with.  In the past 3 years or so, you can make an argument that he's had more had more hits than misses.  No GM is going to bat .1000, but I just hope that whatever has gotten into him stays in his system lOL. 

Bullets Forever (@ BulletsForever): Guess it's official. RT @DeJuan45: DC!! ✔️™

Blair a backup C? So if we S&T for him, does that mean Seraphin is gone?

JMichael thinks thats a certainty.

J. Michael (@ JMichaelCSN): Blair being in clearly means Seraphin will be out at $3.89M QO #WizardsTalk #NBA #Mavs

Edited by STBonecrusher21

Im tellin you man, a PERFECT place for Seraphin would be the Spurs. Sucks, I was pulling for him. Dude is a legitimate starter in this league if he goes to a real coach who doesnt put him the dog house everytime he makes a bonehead play. Hope he gets on with another team soon. 

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21