Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

We are already in the penalty, 10 minutes remain. This could get ugly.

I don't like that foul call on Vesely. That was a good steal. MWP flopped and the call came really late.

I also don't like that charge call on Martell. We shouldn't be in the bonus. Especially not with the amount of contact NY is getting away with.

They're going to try and bully us this quarter to steal the game. We can't let them get us frustrated.

Webster!

Beal!

Vesely!

What a pass from Beal!

Beal snatched that long rebound and drew a triple team for the sick feed to an easy Vesely dunk. You can't coach that. That was just sheer talent and basketball IQ.

Nice minutes from Vesely here in the fourth. He had another solid game. Looks like a real NBA player so far.

Wall was 10/18 from the floor? Three of those misses were late shot clock desperation attempts. Two where basically his goal was to run out the entire clock late in the game and ended up shooting pull ups versus a double team. Another was when he thought the clock didn't reset and shot a 3 almost from half court. He had a monster game from the floor again.

Wall is a streaky player. His cold streaks can last for weeks. But so can his hot streaks. If we're coming out of a Wall slump and he still managed to average 17 and 9 with a 19 PER, that's not so bad.

That was a must win. Hopefully we can go 2-2 over the next four games, we're doing good. If we can go 3-1 again, then we're doing really well. Gotta win the game @ Milwaukee. They're playing so poorly right now. Lakers are beatable. @ Indiana is going to be brutal. And Hawks at home isn't going to be easy.

We played Indy tough last year, including beating them handily late. Of course Paul George scored in single digits, we can't count on that happening again.

I'm looking forward to that matchup.

I like that John Wall!!!!! Somebody lit John Wall a new one after that **** second half proformace vs the Cavs and John Wall took it to heart. He's been a stone cold beast the last 2 games, he looked like a top 5 player in the nba a guy worthy of a mad contract he put the team on his back and carried us to victory. Yes it was against two scrub defensive teams but who the hell cares keep balling like that my friend.

Wizards need a boost from the bench in the WORST way...Seth Curry dropped 36 last night in the D-League.  Just 'sayin....

GRJr tore the D League up last season too. And I think Temple was one of the top scorers in the D League when we signed him. Its not too meaningful. But I like Seth Curry because he can play both guard positions.

Maynor is the main problem. If we had just an average back up PG, we'd be alright. He's just been so bad. We can't even get 10 quality minutes a night from Maynor.

Ves is settling into a role off the bench and Porter should hopefully give us a big boost off the bench when he's finally cleared.

I think Maynor has to play with a scorer at all times. Hopefully playing with Porter will improve his performances. Maynor's only strength is ball handling and passing. He can run PnRs with Gortat, so I think you need to find a way to stagger out his minutes to match up with Gortat's.

I wish Vesely was a better PnR finisher. But right now I don't trust him to catch the ball in the lane in traffic.

Also we still don't have a credible backup C either. Its time to try and trade Seraphin IMO. He's too flawed for us to use right now, his contract is expiring, and we seem to have run out of time to develop him. I'd try and trade him and Maynor for some sort of combo guard upgrade and then trade Ariza for a back up big. Someone like Ramon Sessions would be nice, but he's been playing too well for Charlotte right now to get him probably.