Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'd have been insulted too. That was a lousy thing for Nene to do. Losing brings out the worst in people.

Let's hope they move on from this quickly.

He should have talked Wall and Beal in the locker room and not said a word to the media.  It's really Wittman's fault, because he's had a green light for guards the entire time he's run this team, but Nene and Gortat need to make it clear to the guards of this team that they expect to touch the ball a lot.  They should also stress that, should they need to pass it their smaller team mates better not be standing still.  

15pt lead down to 6

I mean, its a game of runs, especially with a player like Irving. The key is to keep their runs to 6-8 point runs and not 15 points or so.  

Buck was funny when Vesely was shooting free throw: "he has no idea where the rim is"

I was on the phone with the TV muted so I couldn't listen, but I was curious to see what people were saying. His stat sheet doesn't show it, but he was moving his feet and being a lot more aggressive than I saw last year. I know one steal that he won't get credit for was because he helped trap the guy with the ball.

Vesely with the steal, looked a bit confused leading a fast break though.

The only starter with a positive +- is Beal. Our entire bench as positive +/- .

The crowd and the bench kinda cheered Vesely like they would a baby taking its first steps.

The people want Vesely to succeed, no matter how unlikely it might be.

Edited by StillUnknown

The crowd and the bench kinda cheered Vesely like they would a baby taking its first steps.

The people want Vesely to succeed, no matter how unlikely it might be.

I don't want to call this a coming out game or anything, but at least he's showing he deserves some minutes on a more consistent basis, and he's not averaging more fouls than rebounds or points.

We refuse to put the Cavs away

Hey, I don't expect any of these games to be easy, especially with Ariza and Harrington out. I've been impressed with the rest of our bench tonight and hopefully it develops into something we can count on more throughout the season.

I really want this win though. Eff that, we really need this win.

Hey, I don't expect any of these games to be easy, especially with Ariza and Harrington out. I've been impressed with the rest of our bench tonight and hopefully it develops into something we can count on more throughout the season.

I really want this win though. Eff that, we really need this win.

The Cavs haven't really played that well tonight, we've allowed them to stay just close enough to still be in this game late.

Our bench has provided some decent energy, but they were responsible for the 15pt lead going to 5 before halftime.

The Cavs played last night, we should not lose this game.