Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wall might get 40 tonight if he hits his free throws, this is feeling like the Memphis & Indiana games.

Yeah.  He's cooking with gas.  The team is a lot of fun to watch when he's having nights like this.

Seems wrong that the "delay of game" call delays the game more than if they were to let the action roll.

Absolutely.  It's like, show some ****ing discretion why don't you?  If the guy touches it accidentally, who cares?  If he's being a dick and rolling it away or purposefully holding onto it to let his guys get back on D easier, then call that.

It's dumb.  This should be obvious.

I'm still trying to figure out why Wittman sat Wall down when he was red hot with like 4 min left in the first quarter.

And left him out for almost the first three minutes of the second.

The only thing I can think of is he figures we had a big lead against a (supposedly) bad team, let me see if I can get him some rest tonight.

He's outsmarting himself.  Just keep him in while he's feeling it and keep the foot on the gas.

I'm not sure how I feel about staggering Wall's and Beal's minutes the way he has.  He's leaving Beal in about 2 or 3 minutes longer in the first and then brings him in about 2 or 3 minutes later in the second.

On the one hand, I like that we can run the offense through Beal when John is out.  On the other, I feel like he needs to he playing with Wall as much as possible.  He's had a slow start again tonight.  Just not looking super comfortable on his drives.

I also want to see them do a better job getting Marcin the ball.  Their entry passes to him have been pretty poor and Beal is over dribbling and not even looking for Marcin after he sets a screen.  Several times he's taken it baseline and then tried a bad pass to the other corner.  The right pass was to Marcin after he popped or rolled.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

This offense is garbage. It is designed to shoot jump shots all day. The wizards are not the Warriors or Thunder, they aren't going to consistently win taking low percentage shots. On every play 2 or three guys are standing still waiting for Wall to kick it out.

Beal needs to step up and stop sulking. He stops driving if he struggles early.

Edited by Destino