Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

You know, in Jordan's second year in the NBA he broke his foot and missed 64 games. But outside of that year, he missed a total of 7 games in 8 seasons. John Wall has missed 7 games out of his first 21. I really hope it's a coach/team decision and not a John Wall decision. And I really hope Wall is fighting them on it. Otherwise John Wall needs to grow a ****ing pair.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Glad to see us pushing for an 0-12 away record. Anyone know the NBA record for consecutive road loses?

Edit - found it. We are 1/4 of the way there:

43 Loses - Sacramento, November 21, 1990-November 22, 1991

Edited by Duckus

This is a post from another message board and I echo these sentiments.

Look at the rosters. Even without Wall, the Kings aren't THAT much better than us. They still suck as a team. No way they have 25+ point advantage of talent over us. Do the same for the Raptors too. Like I said..I undertand getting blown out by good teams like the Lakers, or maybe even the Suns. But you don't get blown out the water by the Raptors and Kings man. That's just not suppose to happen. I'm not looking at the fact that we are losing.. I'm looking at how we are losing. We allow players dance their way to the basket night in and night out. And we suck offensively. If we are trash on both ends of the floor...Who else am I suppose to blame other than the head coach?
Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I hope I awake to the news that Flip has resigned or been fired

---------- Post added December-9th-2010 at 12:28 AM ----------

now this dumbass McGee is trying to dunk from the foul line down 25

great way to end the game

---------- Post added December-9th-2010 at 12:39 AM ----------

on a brighter note, Terrence Jones put up 27pts & 17rebs tonight

You know, reading Ted's blog posts after other blow out losses this season, it's not above the realm of possibility that Flip's demise could come very soon. What he's made clear over and over again is that he has no problem losing right now, AS LONG AS the team shows heart and improvement. **** like this is a complete lack of heart and it's the opposite of improvement. It's sickening. It's one thing to lose, it's one thing to lose big, it's one thing to not be a good team. It's a completely other thing to ****ing embarrass yourself. To embarrass yourself, to embarrass your franchise, to embarrass your owner, your fanbase, your city.

You know, reading Ted's blog posts after other blow out losses this season, it's not above the realm of possibility that Flip's demise could come very soon. What he's made clear over and over again is that he has no problem losing right now, AS LONG AS the team shows heart and improvement. **** like this is a complete lack of heart and it's the opposite of improvement. It's sickening. It's one thing to lose, it's one thing to lose big, it's one thing to not be a good team. It's a completely other thing to ****ing embarrass yourself. To embarrass yourself, to embarrass your franchise, to embarrass your owner, your fanbase, your city.

I read his blog after the Toronto game and he was pissed. Really pissed.

A few more losses like this and I think Flip will be on his way.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Keeping Flip for the rest of the season means we'll probably end up with 90% of the balls in the lottery.

Who's out there to replace him?

---------- Post added December-9th-2010 at 04:22 AM ----------

If Terrence continues to play like this, he might be the number one overall pick.

I think Kyrie Irving has the strongest case to go first. As good as Terrence Jones has been, Irving has been better. He's almost playing even better than Wall did last year. He can shoot the lights out of the building. I've seen young Chris Paul comparisons and I believe that's his ceiling with his quickness, shot, and phenomenal ball handling.

Working against Irving is the fact that so many bad teams have drafted PGs recently and will probably want to see if they develop before giving up on them for Irving. But he's a future superstar PG so you have to believe that every lottery team except us, and maaaaybe the Grizzlies and Warriors will be tempted by him (although if I'm the Warriors, I trade Monta Ellis, move Curry to SG and draft Irving in a heartbeat). Irving would sure as crap be an upgrade over Baron Davis and Eric Bledsoe for the Clippers. Or Johnny Flynn for the Twolves. Or Beno Udrih for the Kings, especially since it lets Tyreke Evans move to his natural SG position (that'd be a nasty backcourt).

In short, I think Irving can go first overall as long as we're not picking there. But I wouldn't rule out someone like Perry Jones turning it on over the second half of the season and cementing himself at the top.

I hope he does go first overall so he'll push a good forward down to us.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

John Wall: The size, speed, handles and vision of Isiah Thomas. With the feet of Bill Walton

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/12/wizards-lay-an-egg-against-sac.html

Wall was especially disappointed about delaying his first career matchup against Kings forward DeMarcus Cousins, his friend and former roommate at Kentucky. He said after the game that the pain in his foot what started in his arch has suddenly moved under his toes, making it hard for him to push off the way he would like. Wall wasn't sure about his availability on Friday against the New York Knicks.

"It's tough to miss games," Wall said. "It would've great to play because of DeMarcus, but also just help the team get a road win. Came up short again. Just got to find ourselves. Start competing more."

When asked if he thought Wall's injury would force him to miss significant time, Saunders said, "I hope not. He's having problems with his feet. He's got to do something to get that taken care of."

:shot:

i wouldn't be mad if Flip benched him for that

And just last week me and Vishal were talking about him as a top 3 center. What a bum.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Stupid mistake but the real stupidity is to bench him. I am all for rewarding Seraphin and Book but that shouldn't come at the expense of players who are producing.

McGee has a PER of 19, is top 3 in blocks, top 20 in rebounds, has a pretty good FG% and is making good defensive rotations.

Flip's negative reinforcement really sucks. Guy is ridiculously bipolar. I like that some of our players have developed under him rapidly but the team cohesion is just not there. This team shouldn't be winning a whole lot of games but they shouldn't be getting blown out by teams like the Kings and Raptors.

its the stupid reebok shoes that he wears..

You know what, I didn't think about it but you're right. Id be willing to bet money that's what it is. I know when I was in the Army, with high arches in my feet and running 50,000 miles every other day, I used to have horrible problems with my feet and shin splints. I kept searching for the right shoe. Finally went to some place in Arlington when I was home on leave, got hooked up with an Asics shoe and never had problems again.

To make it worse for Wall, his shoes are ugly as hell too.