Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Well, I for one am glad to see that his career isn't over.

J Michael is a ****ing moron.  Can we all agree on that and never put any stock in his stupid ass opinion again?

Uh, No. How would that be entertaining? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

We owe Utah an ass-whooping tonight... Anything less than a 20 pt win will be disappointing. If we lose?!?! Oh boy...

Still remember getting run out of the arena in Utah. They looked like world beaters.

Looked at Utah's record today...

giphy.webp

16-24. I know the west is a battle zone, but damn. Must have just been one of those nights. Definitely owe them one.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Read this article about Miami's culture and think about how it compares to ours: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22017334/zach-lowe-goran-dragic-hassan-whiteside-miami-heat-nba

Imagine where we'd be if we had that kind of culture here.  We'd win 60 games.

We're a lazy, ****y, underachieving mom and pop.

I was wondering when you first brought this up if they were still rolling like that after the Heatles disbanded, guess that answers that.  Seriously, we could blow the whole thing up and start from scratch, but it won't matter if Ernie is still the GM.  I'm just going to see how this plays out, try to enjoy the ride, its too depressing thinking of Ernie as a handicap that will forever keep us from getting another ring.  Regardless of what he does, this team needs to play more consistently, starting tonight against a team that has a losing record and we owe an ***-whopping to.

• Like 2

Spotty effort out of the gate.  These lazy switches aren't going to cut it.

There we go.  Good defensive stand leading to a Wall fastbreak lay up.  I like seeing Wall engaged and in his stance.  Didn't like see him loaf into bad switches.  He's got to self start because this organization can not hold him accountable.

The starters woke up.  They were asleep for those first four minutes but that terrible charge call on Wall seems to have pissed him off and woken them up.  A couple of good defensive stands led to quick offense and now everyone is engaged.

Gortat's defense has been outstanding and Otto's off ball movement is saving possessions.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Buckhantz and @stevemcqueen1sharing a brain in regards to Rubio looking like Steve Nash

This is my proudest moment as a Wizards fan.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Near perfect quarter from Wall.

He's in takeover mode.  I like it, but I just want him to keep up this effort level on defense.  If he does, then I think we win.  A locked in Wall means Otto will keep working and running and Keef will stay engaged too.

I love Gortat's quarter too.  He did a fantastic job on D and it was all due to effort.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Beal is going to have to go right at him when he gets back in.  If Mitchell has to sub out, then they're going to have issues scoring in the second half.

Yep, no Gobert tonight either.  Wiz need to keep the pedal to the metal here and not let the Jazz get back into it.

Might not see Mitchell until the 2nd half.

5 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Ok, it's official. Meeks is done. Just as done as Thornton, Jennings, Burke, Butler, and Alan Anderson before him

That was a rough possession there on the TO from the Wall pass. Can't shy away from the ball in our offense.

I don't think Jodie's done yet though. His shots are on target, just a bit off. Shooters need to keep shooting.