Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Do he consider that reporting? No ****, and the Wiz can mess around as we can just match any offer given to Porter.

If we give Otto the max we are saying this is the team we are rolling with, this is out limit. I'd try and offer him 19 million a year. He is not a max player

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

Do he consider that reporting? No ****, and the Wiz can mess around as we can just match any offer given to Porter.

If we give Otto the max we are saying this is the team we are rolling with, this is out limit. I'd try and offer him 19 million a year. He is not a max player

He's getting a max deal guy. From someone.

Stroking Otto to the max without any negotiation is an insult to Brad and especially John.  He's not on that level and you don't send him back into the locker room as your highest paid player thinking he's on that level.  Drag if out if you have to.

Otto needs to spend the offseason with a little chip on his shoulder like he's got something to prove to his teammates.  Max or not...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Stroking Otto to the max without any negotiation is an insult to Brad and especially John.  He's not on that level and you don't send him back into the locker room as your highest paid player thinking he's on that level.  Drag if out if you have to.

Otto needs to spend the offseason with a little chip on his shoulder like he's got something to prove to his teammates.  Max or not...

Johnny in a roundabout way said Otto doesn't deserve the max. John needs to start flexing his influence.

Truth is Otto should have been extended for less than max money before this point.  I realize that it takes two sides to get a deal done, but it seems Ernie never gets this sort of thing done.  The best teams seem to have little issue creating value by signing young still developing players to team friendly deals, but for some reason the Wizards still seem to be a team players wouldn't choose if all other factors were equal.  I would really like our local media to investigate why that is. 

They are.  You trust David Aldridge right?  Otto has to agree to a S&T.  He'd have to walk away from a boatload of money in his first payday.  Why wouldn't he just sign an offer sheet with Brookyn instead if they offered him the max?

For an S&T to work, Otto would have to want to play in Indy so bad that he'd be willing to leave a whole bunch of money on the table.  I don't think that's realistic.

We need Indy to hold off on dealing George during the offseason.

13 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's a huge risk though.  Westbrook, Curry, Harden = three of the six spots.  CP3 is probably a lock too.  He has to compete for the final two spots with a lot of other guys.

Agreed...WAY too much of a risk.  He's not leaving 170m's on the table.  He'll eventually sign, but he's gonna make EG work first.