Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Man, you're tough on the Hammer.  I mean...did you SEE Burke/Smith early in the year?

True lol

Just seems like at time he refuses to dunk. His game down low is finesse and it works, but youre nickname is the Polish Hammer. Hammer it home big man! 

9-3 in the last 12. Playing solid ball both ends, and getting bench contributions.

Next 6 games are pivotal. 4 on the road. If they can go 3-3 at least, should set them up for a nice run leading into the break. Hopefully stay healthy, get Mahinmi back, and get a top 4 seed in the playoffs.

Bad part about this scenario is that it would save Ernie's job for another year or two, most likely.

8 hours ago, Long n Left said:

9-3 in the last 12. Playing solid ball both ends, and getting bench contributions.

Next 6 games are pivotal. 4 on the road. If they can go 3-3 at least, should set them up for a nice run leading into the break. Hopefully stay healthy, get Mahinmi back, and get a top 4 seed in the playoffs.

Bad part about this scenario is that it would save Ernie's job for another year or two, most likely.

They're starting to feed on the bottom feeders, which is good.  Cuz this string of improved play is mostly against them.  Thankfully, there's plenty of those to beat to feel good about themselves and get enough wins to get up to 4.  

But they're not beating anybody good, for the most part.   In this recent stretch, they had a nice home win against the Clippers and they beat Charlotte.  Other than that, it's a big crop of under .500 teams.

But in fairness, most of the losses they were racking up the first couple months were against teams that were always gonna be better than them.  Now, they didn't look like a competent team even in defeat most of the time, I get that, but they mostly lost games they were supposed to lose.  

So is this new success due to team cohesion or quality of opponent?

Edited by justice98

15 hours ago, justice98 said:

They're starting to feed on the bottom feeders, which is good.  Cuz this string of improved play is mostly against them.  Thankfully, there's plenty of those to beat to feel good about themselves and get enough wins to get up to 4.  

But they're not beating anybody good, for the most part.   In this recent stretch, they had a nice home win against the Clippers and they beat Charlotte.  Other than that, it's a big crop of under .500 teams.

But in fairness, most of the losses they were racking up the first couple months were against teams that were always gonna be better than them.  Now, they didn't look like a competent team even in defeat most of the time, I get that, but they mostly lost games they were supposed to lose.  

To be fair, the East is tremendously mediocre this season. Boston sits 3rd at 20-14. A team can only beat who's on their schedule, and I don't think it's arguable that the team is playing better ball now than in the first few weeks of the season.

This was to be expected, though, with the amount of new faces, and a new system in place.  

I think Wall and Beal are certainly in the discussion of best backcourt in the league, and if Ernie wasn't so inept, and had some young pieces (especially bigs) that could grow with this team, outside of Oubre and Satoransky, I'd be very high on their future. I'd love to get Noel, think he's the athletic rim protector this team needs, but I'm wary of what they'd have to give up to get him. Wouldn't want to mess with the chemistry this team seems to be developing.

19 hours ago, justice98 said:

I've only missed 2-3 games all year, and there's no doubt about it, this is a better basketball team then we saw at the beginning of the season.  The bench is playing better and our best players (like Beal) are learning from their mistakes.  If Beal plays tomorrow, our game against Houston will give a better answer then I can.

On 12/30/2016 at 8:30 PM, Taylor703 said:

Scott Brooks is such a breath of fresh air. He doesn't let teams come all the way back before he decides to take a time out and all of our young guys are developing rapidly under his tutelage. 

This was literally coacheSSSSSS in the making. I mean how far back do you have to go before you get to another Wiz/Bullets coach that properly knew when to call timeouts?